PDA

View Full Version : In good Company........

Sando
22-11-2011, 21:13
Had a great morning Sunday having a blast with these guys www.supercardriver.com (http://www.supercardriver.com)
Can't remember how I got involved, but they have been pestering me all year to get out on one of their events. Most of which clashed with our usual outings and things to do, but this one fitted nicely so gave it a try
Look out for a write up for the club mag.......at some point !
Great bunch of guys, all just interested in giving their (great) cars some welly and having a larf (I fitted in well :rolleyes:) To say some of the cars were worth far more than my mortgage there was none of the usual snotty nosed snobbery I've witnessed in the past with other expensive car owning clubs, they were very welcoming and loved the Hawk for what it was without predudice. (surprised several of them on the run too:))
And yes eagle eyes CJ its a replica S2 ;)- had me fooled for a bit when I first met him as the shell has been done really well. It was his first time out just finishing it off

ProtoTipo
23-11-2011, 13:48
And yes eagle eyes CJ its a replica S2 ;)- had me fooled for a bit when I first met him as the shell has been done really well. It was his first time out just finishing it off

The wheel and tyre ratio had me thinking, but only for a moment.

Fancy painting a replica in works colours? .... black, kettle, pots...
It is an Audi of some sort?

What's the company who does a good job of shortening a 20v Quattro?

Sando
23-11-2011, 20:34
What's the company who does a good job of shortening a 20v Quattro?

I thought it was Lynx or Dialynx but he was telling me how innacurate their version was......sounds familiar !
He was saying they just basically just cut a section out of a standard quattro (I'm sure they do a lot of other bits too) but realistically it should have different longer front end and front panel, screen rake, roof, and rear pillars rear windows + other bits he was telling me.
It really looked well and had taken a lot of work to get it where it was. sounded great too - hybrid turbo and big dump valve sneeze