PDA

View Full Version : Hawk front calipers and mounts wanted

gtmpaul
01-07-2016, 13:30
Hi,
I'm after a pair of calipers and mounts for the front of my Transformer/Hawk.
The old parts had either been lost or sold when I acquired the car a few years ago and It's one of the last things mechanically to be done.
I'm not too bothered what they are or if anyone has done an upgrade on their car and has parts left over that would go towards building up a kit that would help.

Cheers.
Paul

ProtoTipo
01-07-2016, 13:43
Hi Paul,

I've got a lot of different front caliper brackets for the 132 upright, and the original calipers that the orange Hawk Prototipo had fitted when I bought it.
I'll put a photo on here of what there is spare, when I've gathered them all together.

strat24v
01-07-2016, 15:57
If you have coffin spoke wheels, the 166 front four pots will fit along with a 164 vented disc, you'd need brackets machining to suit. Butsy has this setup on his car. I have calipers and the Sketchup drawing for the brackets.

ProtoTipo
01-07-2016, 17:41
Hi Paul,
Everything in the photo is surplus:

The two professionally cut from thick steel plate - I've overlaid a photo of the Hawk caliper bracket for the vented 283mm 164/Integrale brakes.
Just to see how it compares. I got these from Tim H., but I don't know what caliper/disc they're made for?

When I bought the orange Hawk, I drove it home with the calipers and brackets in the photo fitted.
The pedal had a bit of travel, but they were working.

It depends what discs you want to use?

john
02-07-2016, 07:07
I have a pair of new vented 164 discs surplus to requirements.

ProtoTipo
02-07-2016, 08:11
The pair of cad plated pressed steel brackets in the photo came with Martin Kift's Honda engined Hawk rally car.

The two without a mate, are a standard 132 pressed steel one (with two extra holes, ex John H.) and a standard Fiat Dino, which is different to the pair in the top right with the calipers. I have no idea what these are off (some Fiat or other?).

gtmpaul
03-07-2016, 21:18
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the reply, those calipers and brackets, that were on your orange car, were they fitted on 280mm vented discs or solids?
I have various 280mm discs, a set of 164 front calipers but no carriers or brackets for them, as John has sugested I also have a set of 166 calipers but these will only go inside some of the wheels I have.
Would you be able PM me with prices etc.
Thanks
Paul

ProtoTipo
03-07-2016, 21:48
PM sending...