PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Wrexham, Just ordered a LB!! :)

Bazag
01-07-2016, 19:55
Hi All

New member from Wrexham.

Went to meet Craig and Lydia at Lister Bell yesterday and now I have a chassis number!!!!

The spec in my head is a 3.2 GTA, Grp 4 Square arch body and stradale interior with A/C. No idea on colour but plenty of time to decide that.

So impressed with LB and lovely people to boot.

Cant wait to get started!

Barry

Guy Mayers
01-07-2016, 20:52
Welcome to the madhouse Barry - nice to have another car in the North West!

Guy

LM mic
01-07-2016, 22:35
Hello Barry
Was nice to meet you yesterday ; I understand that you where quick to place your order !!
Congratulations and welcome into LB group owners and welcome too on the SEC
You will find there lot of informations .... and lot of experienced people inStrat and alfa stuff

And..... yes ?? good choice the alfa 3,2 GTA !!!!! just go to throttle bodies and Emerald ECU :o

LPH_UK
01-07-2016, 23:36
Welcome to the club :D

Bazag
01-07-2016, 23:40
Hi Michel

Was good to meet you too.
I am going to have to try very hard not to give in to throttle bodies after seeing yours! If I can get even half of the level of finish on my rolling chassis that you have achieved I will be a very happy man. Not sure I will be going to the same lengths in the pursuit of weight saving though! :)

The 3.2 seems to be the best compromise to me in terms of power and availability and simplicity of installation. The hunt for a suitable donor has already begun!

LM mic
02-07-2016, 07:35
Yes the 3.2 GTA is a very good choice when can be afford , new small ECU box ( if not aftermarket !!)and will gives you a good 250hp
The crankshaft is much more reliable and inlet chromed and manifold just little bigger than in a 3 liter

Have in mind when sourcing the part that you will need to replace exhaust manifolds as they will have catalysor integrated in your donor so it is advisable to source 3 litre non catalysed old manifold ones
3litres ones and not 2.5 due to the fact you need to avoid all the oil pump area from where you run 2 hoses to the coolant radiator located in front engine bay .
These 3 litres exhaust manifolds are like the door handles are becoming a rare part to find !!!!:(

Thanks for your comments on my built :rolleyes:
otherwise as you noticed with all already nice parts given into the kit ( laser cut , anodised machined uprights ,etc ) the level of built would anyhow be hight !!! Just look at Red Rob's Toystrat ( Ironman on the forum )!!!

For you now start the long wait until your next "big box arrival":D

Cadami
02-07-2016, 10:24
Welcome Barry,
There's a few of us owners local to you so shout if you need help. Where abouts in Wrexham are you?

Bazag
02-07-2016, 21:27
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Got a long wait now but lots of jobs to do in the meantime!!

Cadami, I'm based near Cross Lanes. Unfortunately for my wallet only 5 mins from Demon Tweeks!!

Steve C
03-07-2016, 17:27
Welcome,I am the other side of Oswestry and my LB is very similar spec to what you are looking at if you want to come and have a chat.

Steve.

Bazag
03-07-2016, 20:12
Thanks Steve. That would be great!!

dag
21-09-2016, 09:43
Hi Barry see you're about 2 mile away, I haven't got a L/B but if you want a cuppa and a look at a Litton Corse you're more than welcome. Redwither Inn. Cheers Steve.

Bazag
21-09-2016, 19:54
Sounds good Steve.

Might walk the dog over that way at the weekend :)

Will drop you a PM to organise