PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Corsa P7 tyres

GrahamH
17-08-2016, 10:44
Just had my club buy Pirelli corsa tyres mounted to rims. They have been mounted to the rims correctly with the outside facing out. The strange thing is the tread is not the same direction on left and right tyres even though both outside faces are correct, do I have two lh or rh tyres? Anyone else noticed this. I'm not sure if the tyres are meant to be handed from Pirelli as the tread is directional. Maybe someone in the club had two of the opposite hand? Wet grooves on inside are opposite directions.

turbonutter
17-08-2016, 11:54
If they are directional, they should be marked as such.

My 888R's have the Side of the car and rotational direction marked....

Yours do look like they might be directional, but if not marked, I guess they it dosent matter.

ProtoTipo
17-08-2016, 13:28
Graham,

This photo would suggest that there isn't a right (or left) version of the tyre, just one version only:
http://motorsport.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/pirelli-p7-corsa-classic-dynamic-test/pirelli_p7_corsa_classic_dynamic_test_2012_30.jpg

Bernard
17-08-2016, 13:29
https://www.kaltire.com/whats-difference-directional-asymmetrical-symmetrical-tread-patterns/

Looks like they are bi directional..... I have viewed images and cannot see any directional arrows on the side wall.......... but like you Neil I thought they would be "directional" by just looking at the tread pattern

Sando
17-08-2016, 13:47
The P Zero road tyres are similar with an Outside marking but not a left or right.

Lancialulu
17-08-2016, 14:45
Seen this with uniroyal rain masters too very odd

GrahamH
17-08-2016, 15:03
Seen this with uniroyal rain masters too very odd

Thanks guys. As you say odd and possibly bi directional . Just seems odd with the rain cuts and direction of these. Guess in the dry not too much of an issue. Can't find any info on the Pirelli site to confirm or not.

Darkspeed
17-08-2016, 16:46
It's an asymmetrical - not a directional - they just have an inside and outside rotation is not important.

I will have to see if such a thing as asymmetrical directional exists

turbonutter
17-08-2016, 23:46
Thanks guys. As you say odd and possibly bi directional . Just seems odd with the rain cuts and direction of these. Guess in the dry not too much of an issue. Can't find any info on the Pirelli site to confirm or not.

The Pirelli Site says ......

The exclusive tread of the P7™ CORSA Classic incorporates two specific designs: slick for dry conditions and grooved for the wet, drawing on and developing the asymmetrical pattern that has characterised the very best Pirelli UHP tyres.

So they are asymetrical....

GrahamH
18-08-2016, 01:25
Still not totally convinced Pirelli should have made them directional. Think it just a way of reducing tooling, costs and logistics. The inner wet tread is Probably not a big player on water removal as its only on the inner section and it's not really a tyre for the wet.
Still a few miles on them and there won't be too Much tread pattern to worry about.
Thanks to all for doing some digging.

Bernard
18-08-2016, 10:52
Still not totally convinced Pirelli should have made them directional. Think it just a way of reducing tooling, costs and logistics. The inner wet tread is Probably not a big player on water removal as its only on the inner section and it's not really a tyre for the wet.
Still a few miles on them and there won't be too Much tread pattern to worry about.
Thanks to all for doing some digging.

Agree..........Don't think I would like to try them full chat in the wet !

citr123
04-07-2018, 13:09
Kur var nopirkt šādas Pirelli Corsa riepas? Jo Latvijā šajā veikalā jaunasriepas.lv (http://jaunasriepas.lv) neredzu šādus, tirgo parasti riepu veikali?