PDA

View Full Version : Technical SOS - h-clip insertion

ChrisCar6
18-08-2016, 19:39
I have spent the afternoon replacing the clutch master cylinder on my Hyundai Santa Fe.
All done apart from one hydraulic connector that I'm stuck at. Male into female, retained by an h-clip which goes through slots in the female and engages in groove in male. I just can't get the clip in. I presumed insert connector then push clip through, I've also tried putting it in position in the female end and pushing the male end in but that doesn't work. Of course it's right on the bulkhead where you're standing on tiptoe to reach. What am I missing!Help!
Picture is upside down, but you get the drift

(Chair)I added the pic the correct way up ..hope you dont mind?

strat24v
19-08-2016, 07:49
Male pushed in too far?

Rotor1
20-08-2016, 01:33
Or not far enough?

ChrisCar6
20-08-2016, 12:11
I can see the groove through the slot, so is lining up OK. I need to get some new clips but only things I can find are stateside. There must be a source in UK, but have trawled thinkauto, demon, and loads of other site catalogues but can find nothing - drawn a blank in local car dealers too. Hyundai dealer is a long way away but may have to go back if the interweb doesn't deliver. Any suggestions?

Guy Mayers
20-08-2016, 13:30
Can you put the clip into the groove on the female part and then push the male part in until the clips falls into the groove rather than trying to align everything and then slip the clip in?

Guy

strat24v
20-08-2016, 16:35
That sounds a bit sexual to me, bit like trying to put a Jonny on after you're already in ??

ChrisCar6
20-08-2016, 19:08
Guy - I've tried that.
John - I've not tried that.
:o

davehanman
21-08-2016, 17:43
I can see the groove through the slot, so is lining up OK. I need to get some new clips but only things I can find are stateside. There must be a source in UK, but have trawled thinkauto, demon, and loads of other site catalogues but can find nothing - drawn a blank in local car dealers too. Hyundai dealer is a long way away but may have to go back if the interweb doesn't deliver. Any suggestions?

Try Bresco, they appear to have everything: http://www.bresco.com/acatalog/Circlips_and_Retaining_Rings.html

ChrisCar6
21-08-2016, 18:25
Thanks dave. I had a good old-fashioned truffle about in a local scrappy and found some - some gearbox slave-cylinder connections are the same.

Bernard
21-08-2016, 20:24
Guy - I've tried that.
John - I've not tried that.
:o
......just catching up with the weekend threads......this made me chuckle !!