PDA

View Full Version : Door window seals

GrahamH
20-08-2016, 21:51
I've assembled the door window seals and I've noticed you can see the inside door inner and seal through the window towards the back of the door. Anybody got any suggestions how I can hide this? Guess a black band on the side window would obscure it, but probably wipe off and scratch over time. Also I've noticed the fwd upper edge of the window does not sit tight against the door seal. I have not fitted the inside window slider lock bit yet, will this pull the window in at the top against the seal?

ChrisCar6
21-08-2016, 03:12
I think that's just how it is Graham, this is 70's spec!

GrahamH
21-08-2016, 09:56
I can't find a close up photo to see clearly on an original car . Maybe more prominent on mine with the White door inner rather than. Black. The original cars do look like this area is black and a shorter length of exposed section than the Hawk has.
Maybe I can just stick some foam over it to tidy it up. Maybe seventies as you say but would like to smarten it up a. Little .

ProtoTipo
21-08-2016, 17:10
Hi Graham,

The exposed parts of the inside of the door would look better (on all types of Stratos), if they were satin black. To make them less noticeable.
'Same for the surrounding panel(s) of the door rubber on a competition look car. Maybe not a single coloured road car though?

ProtoTipo
21-08-2016, 17:13
Only look at the window to door rubber seal when the widow knob is clamped tight and in the upper most position.
Even then, it's a bit hit an miss.
Never leave you're car stood out for long in heavy rain!

ChrisCar6
21-08-2016, 19:30
Some black paint would help, but how would it look with the door open?