PDA

View Full Version : Zenith Stratos Isle of Elba Storico 2016

Strat Fan
20-09-2016, 18:35
Latest write up on Erik Comas exploits HERE (http://lanciastratos.com/news/en/lanciastratos-com/rientro-con-podio-507/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mailpoetnewsletter)
Interestingly the car is sporting a white (front) UK plate on the rear of the car in the bottom pic.
A DVLA reg search shows the car is a 1980 White Lancia 2418cc with a date of first registration in the UK of June 1st 2016.

Bernard
21-09-2016, 11:57
Latest write up on Erik Comas exploits HERE (http://lanciastratos.com/news/en/lanciastratos-com/rientro-con-podio-507/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mailpoetnewsletter)
Interestingly the car is sporting a white (front) UK plate on the rear of the car in the bottom pic.
A DVLA reg search shows the car is a 1980 White Lancia 2418cc with a date of first registration in the UK of June 1st 2016.

re reg number........... Bizarre !

good result again tho'

Lancialulu
21-09-2016, 13:01
not original; then????

Redline
21-09-2016, 20:37
What sort of plate would you get if (for whatever reason) you brought an original foreign registered Stratos to the UK and asked for it to be registered here?

Guy Mayers
21-09-2016, 21:12
You get an age related plate, ought to be date of first registration from where the car came from or build date if that can be proven I think?

Guy

Bernard
22-09-2016, 07:18
For the first 2 weeks in September we were on holiday in France and Italy, in Italy I met Maurizio Bruna along with Adolfo Brioschi and Guiseppi ?..... Maurizio is a founder of the Lancia Model Club.... Adolfo and Guiseppi were part of Munari's team !..... I gifted my Stratos EC shirt to Maurizio who is seen wearing it at the Elba Storico 2016
Phil

Stratie.fr
25-09-2016, 17:37
not original; then????

Original plate is this one ....for a french registration of a 1974 Lancia Stratos!!

Maybe a new UK registration for owner change?!

?1032110322

Stratie.fr
01-10-2016, 08:55
Erik Comas and his ZĂ©nith will be racing again next week (4-8 October) in Corsica for Tour de Corse historic

Here shooted on video of pre-test event
https://youtu.be/wSA7XTus4uc
Three other Stratos gp 4 of Daunat Racing team will be there

Strat Fan
01-10-2016, 09:14
Spot the difference time.
I missed it last time out but spotted it in this video.........

Darkspeed
01-10-2016, 16:55
Well - ones square and ones round for a start

Stratie.fr
01-10-2016, 19:09
Don't understand what you mean ...Two different rear or two different cars ( french and UK registered) ???

Darkspeed
01-10-2016, 20:06
Round and square are different centre body styles not just rear clams so I believe they would have to be different cars.

ETA - looking closer the car has a distinct arch line on the tub so I am not so sure as the normal round arch does not have this - strange one.

Quite like the rear coffin spoke style though

https://storage.googleapis.com/os-motormix-1/photos/full/222284.jpg

Guy Mayers
01-10-2016, 21:15
Car was damaged at the World Stratos Meet recently. Guess it's been repaired.

Stratie.fr
01-10-2016, 21:42
Maybe there is a second car used as replacement after an accident or depending each race or rallye...I know they sold in same time two white Stratos group 4 the Zenith one and another one with black wheels like on your photo!
It's that one...Maybe used now with a Zenith livery?!?10332

Stratie.fr
01-10-2016, 22:21
If I don't mistake...
this car is the ex Giorgio Prestini car used in italian rallies during 1980-81 sponsored Cerchi Eta Beta prepared by Maglioli and restored by Aldo Zanone in 2012...and raced after with Erik in Lana Storico 2014 before he has the Zenith car!

Strat Fan
02-10-2016, 09:12
Round and square are different centre body styles not just rear clams so I believe they would have to be different cars.

Quite like the rear coffin spoke style though

All cars to the best of my knowledge have the Stradale type centre tub, the wheel arch extensions are bolt or rivet on in the case of either of the Gp 4 arch conversions.

It could simply be a swap to a different rear arch design following accident damage or even in the quest for a little more rear suspension travel but the different body style combined with a different registration could suggest a second car is a possibility.

The rear wheel looks to be a TMB racing version as used by Tom & Enzo on here.

Allora#2
02-10-2016, 10:30
The rear wheel looks to be a TMB racing version as used by Tom & Enzo on here.

that's right. :)

Darkspeed
02-10-2016, 18:03
All cars to the best of my knowledge have the Stradale type centre tub, the wheel arch extensions are bolt or rivet on in the case of either of the Gp 4 arch conversions....

Indeed they do, been looking at too many replica cars. So, different rear clams and velcro extensions ;) - although a decent hot glue does a great job :)

So was that the spot the difference or are there more?

Stratie.fr
07-10-2016, 14:28
After some questions I received an answer about rear arches change!
The square ones are too big for racing in category H corresponding for a car until 1976 and Erik raced in category I with these ones against other cars like Porsche or Lancia 037 more recent and more fast!!
Round ones are correct period H for the Stratos...
Then they changed during summer break for racing and winning European Historic Vehicle championship in good category!
There is only one car ; the round arch with UK Plate is temporary...Hope all of this is clear now!!:)

Stratie.fr
10-10-2016, 20:26
Erik COMAS and Jean Noel VESPERINI have offered another island podium to Zenith El Primero Stratos Team after the fabulous victory at Targa Florio in Sicilia and the third place in Elba island last month.
In order to prepare at the best the FIA European Historic Rally Championship 2017, Erik Comas and Zenith Watcheshave decided to enter to the most demanding asphalt rally in order to stress the Stratos at the most : 4 days, 930 of rally among them 315 km of special stages.
Therefore this is in the strict technical configuration from FIA regulation that the crew number 1 took the start of the 16th Tour de Corse historique, on the night of October 4th, winning the first special stage identical to the last power stage of the WRC the week before.
“This is a new step done, almost 1000 km without any single trouble, the 1974 Stratos has worked as a Swiss watch, and this despite the rhythm imposed by Romain Dumas with his brand new Porsche RS 3.0 Replica. With 80 hp more for only 40 kg extra it was impossible to compete on quick special stages but we have won the four narrowest. Doing a Tour like this after three DNF from 2011 to 2013 is a real satisfaction confirming the success of last two years with Zenith El Primero Stratos Team” has declared Erik in Porto Vecchio on the podium.

Courtesy and acknowledgement to Lanciastratos.com

Stratie.fr
23-10-2016, 15:15
Here a nice video of recent Tour de Corse highlights

http://www.historicrally-tv.com/Tour-de-Corse-Historique-2016_v75.html