PDA

View Full Version : Test drive.

ponycars.dk
29-09-2016, 11:35
Hi everyone.

I am new to the club, from Denmark and having been a huge fan of the Lancia Stratos since I was 14-15 years old. Now in my mid fifties I am getting closer to have the funds to purchase a Stratos. I have set my sights on the Lister Bell, but since I have never driven one (only sat in a Hawk once) I would very much like to have a test drive in a LHD Lister Bell. I will of course pay all expenses involved and will drive the car extremely carefully.

Is there anybody out there that are willing to let me try their car as Lister Bell don`t have a "Factory demonstrator" available yet ?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Bo Johansen, retired airline captain, Solroed Strand, Denmark

The Slug
29-09-2016, 14:32
Hello and welcome to the club,

I would think you will be very luck to find anyone who will let you drive their car, however you may well have the chance to be driven in a car, I'm not sure if we have any LHD LB in the UK at the moment as I have sold mine, and maybe Craig can let us know if there are any in Denmark currently? They are spreading over the world quite fast I gather.

Lots of reading for you in the forum whilst you wait for your car following your order.
Have you decided on what type you will have? GP4 or Stradale?

Regards
Ian

ponycars.dk
03-10-2016, 22:22
Hello and welcome to the club,

I would think you will be very luck to find anyone who will let you drive their car, however you may well have the chance to be driven in a car, I'm not sure if we have any LHD LB in the UK at the moment as I have sold mine, and maybe Craig can let us know if there are any in Denmark currently? They are spreading over the world quite fast I gather.

Lots of reading for you in the forum whilst you wait for your car following your order.
Have you decided on what type you will have? GP4 or Stradale?

Regards
Ian

Hi Ian and thanks for responding to my post !

Well, a ride in the passenger seat would also be okay as I have only been sitting in one and never driven it (visited HAWK cars years ago, but Gerry wouldn`t
let me drive the car coz it had been raining all day and the car was to go to a car show in Belgium the next day !).

I would prefer a GP4, definately !

Thanks again.

Bo

The Slug
03-10-2016, 23:36
So are you ever in the UK?
I guess you have more chance over here?

ponycars.dk
10-10-2016, 10:00
Point me in the direction of an owner that will give me a ride in the passenger seat (or even better, the drivers seat !) and I go buy i plane ticket ASAP ;-)

The Slug
11-10-2016, 01:44
Anyone able to offer a ride?

Speak up, even if its to say no!
Don't let the guy think we are a bunch of folks that don't reply to new people????????

Stratie.fr
11-10-2016, 08:45
Hi

I'm a bit far from Denmark! But if you're coming this side of Europe in a next trip
I will be pleased to invite you for a drive test with my car... It's not a LTR but one Corse S rebuilt with nice parts from Listerbell ( bodywork rear arches wheels brakes ...)
And you could compare in driving a real rally Delta Integrale!

Cheers10397

LPH_UK
11-10-2016, 11:54
My perfect garage! :cool:

Stratie.fr
11-10-2016, 15:24
Just missing one 037 to be perfect! ;)

LPH_UK
11-10-2016, 16:18
Correct - that would be better than perfect!

Why does the Stratos get a carpet but the 'grale has to put up with concrete?

Stratie.fr
11-10-2016, 16:52
No reason at all...only have one carpet after moving in a new garage!
Both cars are fully deserving one and now they have one carpet each...No jealousy!! LOL

ölmännchen
11-10-2016, 19:52
hi bo,

you are invited to come to Germany and make a testride on my Stratos gr.4 Alitalia.i live near Frankfurt.take a plain and i will pick you up at the Airport1039810399

Steve C
11-10-2016, 21:01
Bo

Drop me a PM and we can if we can arrange a test drive around North Wales.

Steve

Guy Mayers
11-10-2016, 22:01
Try another garage day Steve? I think there were a few biccies left after the last one?

Guy

ChrisCar6
11-10-2016, 22:05
happy to give you a trip round the Scottish Borders, but understand if we're too remote here!
Chris

Steve C
12-10-2016, 19:59
Guy, no biccies left now...fatter dogs!

Will do another garage day, next trip is to Wales Rally GB with Pistonheads, only 15 minutes up the road.

StruanR
13-10-2016, 22:20
Always happy to show/give rides in my two GP4 Hawks.
I'm only 20 miles from Dover....
Struan

ponycars.dk
05-12-2016, 12:46
Wauw.....

That`s a very generous offer - where (approxemately) are you situated (what airport is the nearest to you) ?

Thanks

Bo

ponycars.dk
05-12-2016, 12:52
Thanks guy`s, I am stunned !

I will try to find out where it would be the easiest place to go (i.e. plane/car etc.) and I also guess it would make sense to wait until spring arrives ;-)

Regards

Bo