04-10-2016, 13:41
No link to seller.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C795425

Bernard
04-10-2016, 14:05
Looks a very nice build

Guy Mayers
04-10-2016, 14:35
It's a lovely build, redone by Chris Smith a few year back - belongs to David Hanman. He's been talking about selling it for a while now but deferred it until the Safari car was done. I guess it's time to pass it along to a new owner.

Good luck with the sale David!

Guy

Bernard
04-10-2016, 15:54
redone by Chris Smith.......... thought I recognised the exhaust boxes !

Sando
04-10-2016, 22:03
It's a very nice car, with some nice original bits, and very best of luck with the sale. But one question I'd like to put out there - should it be described as a Lancia?
Or Transformer/ Hawk?

We had a lot of bad press in the past because people (dealers quite often) were trying to pass off replicas/recreations/kits (-however you want to describe them) as the real thing. I'm sure that's not the case here, as the advert does go on to say it's a replica, but the title just set alarm bells ringing to me.

Being a Hawk owner myself, it does also make me smile when all the hype comes out sometimes about suspension /geometry /pick ups/ interchangeable arms / etc etc being the same as the original.......they are similar, but not the same at all. They may handle similarly, have similar geometry, but perhaps we could look at an original rear upright, or group 4 front pick ups and adjustable steering arms.....nothing like anything on my Hawk!

It's a kit car made from box section / tube steel and fibreglass. With similar features and suspension. You can build it to look as original as you like.......whichever kit it is. (and I admire those cars that do look so good) but if you start thinking its the real thing or telling people it's sooooo authentic then there needs to be a reality check :-)

Soz had a bit of a rant there!

Rob

LM mic
04-10-2016, 22:56
You are absolutly right Rob !

And specially when some one is stating that the rear suspensions is built with the rear original geometry !!!!!
This car if it is built ( I guess) with Hawk rear uprights, have nothing similar to the real deal !!!! the upright is a welded part ( from modified standard automotive part !!) and pick points have nothing to do with originals ones !!!!
May be this car is fit with many original parts but for what use ? does this makes her closier to a real Lancia Stratos ?
Say ..... fiat X 1/9 door handles ? fiat X1/9 brake handle Fiat 850 rear lights ? etc etc........ so all kits are close to original car !!!!! LOL

Would it be better to state only that the car was built and maintained to a very hight standard quality and that the handling was superior to any other builtkit .... SIMPLY and REALY !!!!! LOL

And I think that I know what I mean ; This is my last built and when am out with her I prefer ( far away ....) state that it is only a "replica for fun" made like a "glance" to the guys in the 70's who ingineered so nice cars !!!
Even every body watching at her found it is "autentic" !!!!!

In French worlds there is a famous small phrase saying ; "on appelle un chat , un chat !!! "- so replica's are replica's " !!!! and that's all !!!!!!

LPH_UK
04-10-2016, 23:46
Michel that looks amazing in the first picture - great build!

But whose is the white car? :D

ProtoTipo
05-10-2016, 08:31
David's car certainly is a cut above with all those nice parts.
'Wish I had £50k.

Stratie.fr
05-10-2016, 12:45
David's car certainly is a cut above with all those nice parts.
'Wish I had £50k.

For Sure...wish to be a billionaire for buying this one and a real one!! ;)

Stratie.fr
06-10-2016, 10:06
Maybe the Cheapest genuine Stradale for sale never seen...or a fake?!
No reply from the private seller to my contact !!10384

ProtoTipo
06-10-2016, 11:01
Maybe the Cheapest genuine Stradale for sale never seen...or a fake?!
No reply from the private seller to my contact !!

Photos lifted from this I think Frederic?:
https://ranwhenparked.net/2014/07/30/all-original-lancia-stratos-hf-stradale-headed-to-auction/

Stratie.fr
06-10-2016, 11:26
That's right Chris...
I'm a bit disappointed as I believed to have found a really good bargain!! LOL :)

LM mic
06-10-2016, 12:11
Frederic !! You have been very "non so carefull" to send a message to those sort of adds !!!
It's quite well known that when there is this sort of offert ( say miraculous ) hidden to the fake sale can be a hacker site to catch your mail for sending publicity
or even doing bad use of your mail ???
i would be very carefull when watching these sort of crap adds !!! :mad:

But may be not ??? am too suspicious and there was only a mistake in typing the price ? 700 000 in place of 70 000 LOL :confused:;) :D

Stratie.fr
06-10-2016, 13:16
Michel
Thank you for your advice
Of course I didn't use my current email address for contacting this alleged seller...who lives certainly in Africa as numerous hacker and scammer on internet!!
I thought also it's a mistake but 700.000€ For a Stradale even if is full restored...it's a bit pricy! ;)

LM mic
06-10-2016, 14:53
:o:cool::cool:

ProtoTipo
04-12-2016, 11:55
David's Hawk for sale:
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C816631