PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Wales

Karnevil
04-11-2016, 20:34
Following a good chat with Mel and I think Graham and their respective good ladies at Cholmondley Sat 29th,I have got myself on the Facebook page and,obviously,here in the hope that I can steer my way to building a Stratos replica.

My first experience of the Stratos will have been at the bottom of 'The Warren' in Wykeham forest in 1975 during that years Lombard RAC and aged 12 remember being totally blown away by it.
All I could remember of it was the manufacturer Lancia so wrote to them and they kindly sent me a brochure,wish I still had it today!

Currently I have a Proton Satria GTI a Triton Green Triumph TR7 2.0 DHC and a BMW R1200GS!

I'm hoping for early retirement in early 2018 which is when my project could start in earnest which appears to fit in quite well with manufacturers lead times.

Any how hope to be able to tell tales of a Stratos build in the not too distant future but for now I will leave you with a pic of my TR!10561

red5
04-11-2016, 20:53
Welcome.
Lovely car, getting better with age. Convertible TR7 is my wife's favourite classic, think she would be happy if I was to swap my LB for one, it's not going to happen:)

LM mic
04-11-2016, 21:00
Welcome to the group
Very nice Tr7 with wonderfull landscape ; semms you would have intersting roads to test a future Stratos build !!!!:cool:

LPH_UK
04-11-2016, 22:10
Welcome.

Only ever been in a TR7 convertible one. Sheffield to Bradford, came back in a BMW 3 series Tourer that my mate traded the TR7 against! That' a nice colour - what is it? My mate's was a sort of pale metallic green.

I remember Tony Pond rallying his TR8 in my youth.

john
04-11-2016, 22:33
Welcome!
Yes a nice car in a nice setting. That's not Nanmor near Beddgelert is it? Looks familiar.
A couple of friends of mine managed to upturn a TR7 convertible on Axe Edge near The Cat and Fiddle many years back on an ERO club rally. One blames his subsequent hair loss on the incident! Happy days.
Good luck with your retirement project.

Karnevil
05-11-2016, 14:42
The colour is Triton Green Metallic (Code HAG).

Karnevil
05-11-2016, 14:46
It is the unclassified road that runs passed the Ogwen Valley Ranger station.

Cadami
05-11-2016, 15:00
Welcome Andy, Nice car in deed. I'm only up the road from you in Hawarden...

StruanR
05-11-2016, 19:02
Did a few rallies/sprints in my TR7, ended up with gas-flowed head, cams and comp exhaust, eventually melting a piston on the M2 one night!
Runs a Rover V8 now.
Struan

Karnevil
06-11-2016, 15:07
Are those all your cars StruanR?
Not one I would kick out of my garage........................except maybe for the AItalia one...........................so common
dontcha know!

StruanR
06-11-2016, 15:40
Yes, that's my toybox. They all run, after a fashion, first three not currently MOT'd or insured for the road.
Common Alitalia one, goes in for MOT this week hopefully...
Struan

Karnevil
06-11-2016, 15:44
Welcome Andy, Nice car in deed. I'm only up the road from you in Hawarden...

You most ikley have seen Teear Seven out and about then.
Currently he is away having some TLC after a big Czech truck took his rear end out on he way back from LeMans Classic!105691056810567

Karnevil
06-11-2016, 15:51
Yes, that's my toybox. They all run, after a fashion, first three not currently MOT'd or insured for the road.
Common Alitalia one, goes in for MOT this week hopefully...
Struan

Gotta love an Alpine,and they have come back too!New model looks really good.

The Alitalia colour scheme really is the dogs tho......................hope you do OK with the MOT.

StruanR
06-11-2016, 16:21
Ouch!
I wacked the armco at Goodwood coming out of the chicane in my TR, just marked the rear bumper though...made a few marshals run.
Found afterwards the rear axle suspension rubbers were shot.
Struan

Karnevil
04-11-2017, 13:51
Well that's it I have parted with my £26.00 membership,I've contacted Craig(?) at Lister Bell and am trying to arrange a visit to view and discuss the build/order process.
Bring it on...................................................................................................

Stratie.fr
04-11-2017, 14:43
Good decisions at all...Welcome in the club!!
Do you have an idea of which kind of car you would like to build? Group 4 or Stradale? Livery and color?
Regards

Karnevil
04-11-2017, 15:00
Stradale interior,creature comforts decent ICE,aircon etc with a Grp4 body lamp pod,chin spoiler,roof spoiler,roof air intake.
Would really like the lime green but there are a lot of those!Not sure I would want a rally livery to live with day in day out.
Lotus Essex blue is a very nice colour but so is the 'signal' yellow so mot sure yet.

As a kid I wrote to Lancia UK and they sent me a Stratos brochure.Now I seem to recall there were blocks of colour printed in it and there was an almost purple blue BUT it is a very very long time ago I was 12/13 I could be imagining it!

Guy Mayers
04-11-2017, 15:24
One of these brochures by any chance?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Stratos-original-sales-brochure-1975/292312131807?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

They usually sell north of £60?

It'll be good to have another builder here in the North West!

Guy

Karnevil
04-11-2017, 18:03
Yes that's the one............................................
Anyone ever reprinted them?