PDA

View Full Version : Travel in Southern England

Stratie.fr
05-11-2016, 16:38
Glad to come back again in England for a week end in Hampshire!
Not with a Stratos but another good old lady car!
Visiting National Motor Museum...with some great people met!! :)1056410565

Lancialulu
05-11-2016, 18:36
Buying again? National Motor Museum is in "the Midlands"??? Event???

Stratie.fr
05-11-2016, 19:32
Tim
we are at Beaulieu national Motor museum near Southampton!

Stratos Fear
07-11-2016, 11:04
I was there a few weeks back - a great museum - and a lovely looking Mustang ! (one of my favourites !) Hope you had a good trip - I was in Brighton yesterday looking at 100 year-old cars on the London to Brighton run - amazing cars and surprising they are still going after more than a century. Hope the Stratos cars can keep going as long !

Peter

john
07-11-2016, 18:50
I'm in Brighton today Peter and there are still plenty of interesting vehicles about and starting their journeys home.
Yes, it would be nice to think a Stratos might be making that trip a century on but sadly I don't think any of us will be driving!

Guy Mayers
07-11-2016, 18:54
Well if my car is still going then I'll be with it as that's my ashes are going to be interred...

Stratos Fear
07-11-2016, 19:35
Great idea Guy - a moving memorial (in all senses!!)

Lancialulu
08-11-2016, 08:57
Tim
we are at Beaulieu national Motor museum near Southampton!
Hi Frederic, sent you a PM. Tim

john
08-11-2016, 09:22
Well if my car is still going then I'll be with it as that's my ashes are going to be interred...

A great idea indeed Guy. I think CJ could come up with a humorous cartoon on this subject!

Stratie.fr
08-11-2016, 10:45
Back at home today after a nice trip and a great stay in Hampshire!
Crossing the Channel with old Etretat ferry (which had one engine issued) was longer than usual but arrived safe in Normandy!!

Thank you Peter...it's one 1965 Mustang convertible that I like very much too!!

John ...we missed to see us if you are in Brighton these days!

Cheers

LM mic
08-11-2016, 11:18
Crossing the Channel with old Etretat ferry (which had one engine issued) was longer than usual but arrived safe in Normandy!!

Cheers

Fine ; you are back safe Fred

Yes this year there was so many others issues with Ferries !!!
At Brittany Ferries they suffer 3 times big issues with important delay on crossing !!
one of those was not able even to do 10/100 of crossing and had to be directed to Saint nazaire for big repair !!!!
Think about all these pasengers disapointed and rerouted on buses etc etc !!!
This why my visits to UK ( and the project!!) are very very rare during winter
I planned too to fly from Dinar to West midlands airport but was told yesterday that Ryan air stops their flight every year from November until April !!!

Really a pity I sold my chopper years ago !!!!;);)

Stratie.fr
08-11-2016, 11:37
For sure Michel...a pity you have no longer this nice shopper...I would join you for crossing the Channel and going there faster!
I like your chopper that it reminds me that one in a TV show I watched when I was young ...a Private investigator in Hawaï with a gorgeous 308 gts!! ;)

ProtoTipo
08-11-2016, 11:43
A great idea indeed Guy. I think CJ could come up with a humorous cartoon on this subject!

I can think of how 5 coffins would be arranged.
72 degrees apart.

LM mic
08-11-2016, 11:48
Ha ha !
That chopper was also a kit !!!!
Very nice and powerfull ( powered by small turbine ) but consumption was HAWFULL !!
And on top of that It was quite very sensible to speed wind as it was very light ( too much ) !!!:rolleyes:
Now they are using it ( with some others "brothers production " for short trips on Alps and for heli school
buidling it was an enjoyement as well as an Stratos LB !!!!!:o

Are you finally planning to come at Stoneileight with your car ?
Normally we will be a lot of French guys Strat fans there ( some planning aldo to have their delivery on the week following the show !!)