PDA

View Full Version : Lederhosen and sauerkraut - A new member from Germany.

Sotarts
16-11-2016, 20:48
Good evening, everyone!

My name is Christoph, I'm 26, petrol head and mechanic and I'm living somewhere in Germany.

I set myself the goal, to own a Stratos kit car by next summer.

I stumbled upon this forum, and thought it would be a great idea to join this community.

Glad to be here :-)

Best regards...

ah_sprite
16-11-2016, 20:52
Ah another youngster! I'm 25 next week. We must bring the average age of forum member down to about 85 now.

Welcome! I've recently put in an order for a Lister Bell - 12 month wait for the chassis so I'm busy preparing all the donor parts required!

Sotarts
16-11-2016, 21:00
Thank you :-)

Yeah... I suppose getting all the correct donor parts will be quite hard. One of the things I'm worried about.

Guy Mayers
16-11-2016, 22:49
Welcome to the madhouse! I think it's worth joining the club to get full access to the site - there's so much freely available information and we can point you in the direction of the donor parts original fitments. Being in Germany you may find that there's less competition for Fiat X19 over centre catches and door handles and that prices might be more reasonable?

Cheers

Guy (one of the old farts on this site but nowhere near 85!!!!!)

LM mic
16-11-2016, 23:10
Welcome to the group
Guy is absolutly right with the advise to join the club !! You will find on somany threads tons of very good informations and pics !!!!!
Beside the fact we are old ( I am 170 !!!!!) we are also fan nuts for building cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sotarts
16-11-2016, 23:12
Thank you, Guy :-)

Haven't looked for parts so far (at least not seriously). But I can imagine, it isn't much better in here. Even though here are less Stratos on the road.

Sotarts
16-11-2016, 23:22
Thanks Mic!
Yup, I think so. Seems to be a good idea.

Old is relative. I think those cars keep their owners young :-)

Stratie.fr
17-11-2016, 08:46
Willkommen in diesem Klub!

Es gibt keine Alters wir sind alle Kinder mit diesen Autos!

Gruß

Strat Fan
17-11-2016, 09:51
Good evening, everyone!

My name is Christoph, I'm 26, petrol head and mechanic and I'm living somewhere in Germany.

I set myself the goal, to own a Stratos kit car by next summer.

I stumbled upon this forum, and thought it would be a great idea to join this community.

Glad to be here :-)

Best regards...

Hello Christoph and welcome,

As I am sure you aware the regulations in Germany are quite strict regarding kit cars so make sure you do your research locally to ensure you can register your car once it is complete.
Enzo, on here has experience of importing some previously registered second hand replicas into Germany so he may be able to advise you on the current regulations/requirements.
Better to know what you are up against before committing to the project.
I hope you are successful in your research.

Regards.

Sotarts
18-11-2016, 17:21
Thanks, everyone :-)

Yup, I know. Might be a long way to get the registration.

But where there's a will. There's a way.

Griff
18-11-2016, 18:57
'Guy (one of the old farts on this site but nowhere near 85!!!!!)'

What? your even older than that?

Guy Mayers
18-11-2016, 22:59
I don't think I'll dignify that with a response......

actually I remember the days when youngsters gave their elders the respect they deserve!

Stratie.fr
19-11-2016, 23:21
And we could add with no offense... " the difference between boys and men is the size of their shoes and the price of their toys" :p

Allora#2
29-11-2016, 11:52
Hello Christoph and welcome,

As I am sure you aware the regulations in Germany are quite strict regarding kit cars so make sure you do your research locally to ensure you can register your car once it is complete.
Enzo, on here has experience of importing some previously registered second hand replicas into Germany so he may be able to advise you on the current regulations/requirements.
Better to know what you are up against before committing to the project.
I hope you are successful in your research.

Regards.

Hallo und Willkommen hier im SEC!
Hello and welcome here to SEC!

Das sind die Aktuellen Stratos die in Deutschland zugelassen sind.
These are the current Stratos registered in Germany.
M-V 9005 Andreas Schmoll
GL-DD 200 H Dieter Krämer
GRZ-HF 30 H Stephan Krauss
GG-HF 76 Reimund Stotz
BM-GR 4 H Enzo Michelini
OG-HF 25 Marcus Uhl

Viel spass bei der suche bzw. Bau eines Stratos.
Have fun by the search or build a Stratos.

salluti Enzo