PDA

View Full Version : Lancia Beta Engine - free!

Normb666
17-12-2016, 19:59
Chaps,

Had a bit of a clearout of the garage not so long ago (not that you could tell if you looked in there now, haha!) and came across a Lancia Beta motor that'd been sitting there covered by all sorts of boxes etc. for what must be 25 years. It's not complete - although the bottom end is all there with sump, the head has valves but no cam boxes. No ancillaries either.

Realistically it's going to be seized, and I've no idea what capacity it is (it was given to me as a spare by someone). I realise that not many people are using these any more, but thought it might be of use to someone, so if you want it, come and get it. I'd offer to post it but it might cost a bit, and the Herpes courier might also struggle getting it through your letter box ;)

Cheers!

Norm

Normb666
06-01-2017, 20:56
So no-one's interested in a free Lancia twin-cam these days...unless it's cos it was Christmas, and you can't afford it. ;)

Come on, SOMEBODY must want it. Maybe one of you has a boat and needs a new anchor??

Suppose if it's still here at the end of the month, I'll dig a hole and bury it. Just have to think of a suitable inscription for the headstone..."Here lies Twinky, once in demand by all the Stratos boys. But now they only have eyes for bigger motas, she was left on the shelf to die of neglect".

...or summat like that!

Guy Mayers
06-01-2017, 22:26
Have you tried BetaBoyz Norman? I'm sure someone would come and take it away?
Guy

westonTB
06-01-2017, 23:25
I will mention it on the beta forum, VERY tempted myself but short of space, time & talent!
Tim.

Normb666
07-01-2017, 18:35
Cheers Fellas, ta for the replies!

Guy, good idea, hadn't thought of that one - prob cos I've not been doing much Lancia-wise for a good few years. And Tim, never mind being short of space...do what I did, bury it under a pile of junk for the thick end of 30 years :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, came across another item that's not much use to me now - a proper Fiat twin IDF (downdraught) manifold (the waffle-pattern one). No good on a Lancia engine cos it's meant for vertically-mounted motors, although seeing as it's been home to a number of arachnids it might be just the thing for a Spider ;)

Normb666
18-01-2017, 21:39
Well, in a fairy-tale-type ending, and thanks to Prince Charming Tim (above), it looks like the Old Lump has actually found a new home. It's going to Tim's mate Mark, who's got a rather nice Beta, and will probably sit in his garage for yonks instead and serve to remind him just how bad things can get if you don't look after them :)

Thanks again to Guy and Tim, and all youse who read this (even if you thought I was nuts for one reason or another).

Cheers! - Grimm Norm