PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Track Day April 1st 2017

Lancialulu
09-01-2017, 09:29
No it is not a joke!!!

Lancia Motor Club is holding its annual track day at Goodwood (as always!) on Saturday April 1st.

Cost is £195 for a full day or £125 for half a day. Track time is c15 minutes per session and only 8 cars out on the track at any one time, so you get to drive at your own pace. (not open pit lane)

You don't have to be a member of Lancia Motor Club as temporary day membership can be had for £10 per person, passengers need to be members or temporary members for insurance purposes.

Noise limit is 98db.

Track instruction is available from the Goodwood team (foc possibly), and a professional photographer should be in attendance to capture you spinning out of the chicane!!!

This is great value to drive on such an iconic circuit and is always fully subscribed. If you would like an entry form be quick and PM me for an entry form.

Tim

Stratie.fr
09-01-2017, 14:45
April Fools or not!?!
Very tempting to run in Goodwood!
Are our rep welcome for this event?
Will you be there with Shades?

Guy Mayers
09-01-2017, 17:11
If the only cost was the track time...!!!!! The drive down there is expensive enough in fuel plus a hotel for a night or two. Shame as I'd love to try it one day!

Lancialulu
09-01-2017, 17:25
April Fools or not!?!
Very tempting to run in Goodwood!
Are our rep welcome for this event?
Will you be there with Shades?
The short answer to your first question is Yes!! Especially with your Munari casque....The second question is a bit more difficult. I am in the middle of a front (and rear) suspension/steering rebuild which if dialled in it is v likely we will be at Goodwood, but my fall back is our trusty 1.6HF....
Go on you know how to get there.....with a trailer or just drive....

Lancialulu
09-01-2017, 17:28
If the only cost was the track time...!!!!! The drive down there is expensive enough in fuel plus a hotel for a night or two. Shame as I'd love to try it one day!
Guy, I agree, its 300mile round trip for us and one night (we always drive back knackered) hotel, but careful use of BnB or airbnb makes that a bit less painful. Do it while you can is our moto. It would be great to see your fab Transformer strutting its stuff....

Redline
09-01-2017, 18:20
Tim,

At 5200 (3/4 max rpm 7000) I was 102dB at 0.5 metres from exhaust, so a bit too noisy for the Lancia day. But I've just discovered a 105dB day that they are planning for 4th Feb (not yet published), that I'll try and get along to. It's a normal Goodwood track day and a bit more expensive than yours, but limited to 5 cars on the track.

Goodwood is only an hour from me and I'll drive there and back (fingers crossed).

Mark

Lancialulu
09-01-2017, 20:57
Tim,

At 5200 (3/4 max rpm 7000) I was 102dB at 0.5 metres from exhaust, so a bit too noisy for the Lancia day. But I've just discovered a 105dB day that they are planning for 4th Feb (not yet published), that I'll try and get along to. It's a normal Goodwood track day and a bit more expensive than yours, but limited to 5 cars on the track.

Goodwood is only an hour from me and I'll drive there and back (fingers crossed).

Mark

hi Mark

lower your redline!! I just mark the tach with a bit of red insultaion tape at 6000 max. Do you need more?

our day is a bit of a general sporting lancia (of all ages) fest but doubt any 037's or S4's before you start drooling so a nice day out if Lancia is your passion!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
10-01-2017, 12:50
Hi,
If anyone would like a quotation for track day insurance for this event then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Redline
22-01-2017, 11:45
The 102dB 4th Feb event that I mentioned has been moved into March (awaiting date confirmation), so I'll hang on until the March event.

Mark

Stratie.fr
22-01-2017, 15:56
Happy to confirm my participation in this nice event...I will be in Goodwood with my car

Many Thanks to Tim for the organization and Also John for joining and helping me to come back for Stoneleigh one month later!

Hope to see other SEC Fellows there! :)

Lancialulu
22-01-2017, 17:46
Tres bien Frederic. Nous sommes tres heureux de votre decision!

Stratie.fr
24-01-2017, 15:40
Tres bien Frederic. Nous sommes tres heureux de votre decision!

Merci Tim nous aussi sommes très contents de venir avec vous à Goodwood!

LM mic
24-01-2017, 19:58
Frederic
it's avery good news to read you will be at stoneileght !!!
Meet you there then !!!
Am not sure to be in Uk when Donington take place but who knows ? could be possible ( waiting for parts to collect on these days !!! )

Stratie.fr
25-01-2017, 08:07
Hi Michel
Thanks
I'm very happy to come back in England with my car for Goodwood & Stoneleigh events!
Hope to see you...with yours ( finger crossed for completing it at Time) :)
Frederic

LM mic
25-01-2017, 11:22
Hi Michel

Hope to see you...with yours ( finger crossed for completing it at Time) :)

Frederic

Hummmmm !!!!!
Not sure at all
Bodywork still to be done !!!:rolleyes:

Lancialulu
28-03-2017, 17:57
Today I fabricated some additional sound absorbing to Shades exhaust to bring it down to 98db from 105db. With (good) advice from John I stuffed the megaphone trumpets with as much stainless pan scourers and held them in place with some perforated aluminium.

With 3 pans scourers per side the exhaust reduced to 104db. With 6 (couldn't ram any more in....) it dropped to 101db. So Shades not coming to Goodwood for a 98db track day. I will see folk in our 1600HF which tips in at 100db without additional quietening.

Bon voyage Frederic!

john
28-03-2017, 19:48
A valiant attempt Tim! Shame it would not go down a bit more.
I remember fondly all the Saturday evenings in North Wales when the local shops would all run out of pan scourers as 100 Road Rally cars would try and satisfy Jack Romain's noise meter ( which seemed to read higher at every event....)

Stratie.fr
28-03-2017, 21:13
Hi Friends

@Tim I'm sorry you didn't reduce more Shades exhausts noise and a pity you cannot come with Shades...I was hoping to see it and runs with Stratie together in Goodwood
@John It's a good and very helpfull idea for reducing noise of our cars...hopefully Stratie is under 98db!

Now Stratie is ready for this long trip after a full service and some good repairs ... all is fine now!!

See you soon
Frederic

Redline
29-03-2017, 17:43
With 3 pans scourers per side the exhaust reduced to 104db. With 6 (couldn't ram any more in....) it dropped to 101db.

Bon voyage Frederic!

Tim,

perhaps bring your sound reduction kit down with you. I have disassembled and repacked my exhaust boxes with further wadding and reduced my max rpm indicator to 6000..... but access to those extra 4dB may be useful.....

Mark

Two-Eight-Six
29-03-2017, 17:51
What about 'Supertrapp'?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/universal-exhaust-silencers/supertrapp-disc-only-clamp-on-silencers

Fitted these on mine - but varies from car to car how much noise they'll suppress, sometimes none! (And will affect performance).

Lancialulu
29-03-2017, 21:27
sent you a PM
Tim,

perhaps bring your sound reduction kit down with you. I have disassembled and repacked my exhaust boxes with further wadding and reduced my max rpm indicator to 6000..... but access to those extra 4dB may be useful.....

Mark

Lancialulu
29-03-2017, 21:34
Re Supertrap. Looks interesting but how to fit to a trumpet?? I guess I just need to make a more silencing expansion box for Goodwwod track days. No - I will go to 105db days elsewhere......!!!

Strat Fan
29-03-2017, 23:32
Re Supertrap. Looks interesting but how to fit to a trumpet??

Weld the super trap to a secondary trumpet which slides up inside of the trumpet already fitted on your exhaust. Drill 1 hole in the underside of your existing trumpet/tailpipe & fit a rivnut or weldnut into the trumpet you are inserting to bolt the super trap in place.
Simple.

Lancialulu
30-03-2017, 08:36
Weld the super trap to a secondary trumpet which slides up inside of the trumpet already fitted on your exhaust. Drill 1 hole in the underside of your existing trumpet/tailpipe & fit a rivnut or weldnut into the trumpet you are inserting to bolt the super trap in place.
Simple.

Thanks Craig. I am resolved to a longer term solution of a different back box design that can take track-day mufflers if necessary. My current box sounds superb but is in mild steel and was built in 1992 so time for a change....

Redline
02-04-2017, 19:54
Some good photos of Stratii and other nifty cars here (http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albums/01-04-2017-lancia-goodwood-photos/index.html). This was a Lancia Motor Club day, hence the predominance.

Tim and Sarah, Frederic, John and myself were in attendance. I think some of the other guys may have some videos but i'll let them put them up for viewing.

Mine was just on the 98dB limit for the static test, and I was warned (a few times) when opening it up around the circuit. Advice was to use 1 gear higher and limit the revs. Did about 100 miles and drove it home afterwards.

I'm attending a 105dB day later this month so should be able to release those constraints a little.

Mark

Stratie.fr
02-04-2017, 20:28
A great pleasure to be there with you for this great trackday!
I deligthed to meet you with your great car and drive together!
Frederic

john
02-04-2017, 21:39
Indeed a great day all round and a pleasure to meet with my good friend Frederic and to make the acquaintance of Mark, Tim and Sarah.
As you say Mark some great shots of the interesting and impressive cars present.
Love the overhead Stratos pics and respect for the good lines on evidence through the chicane boys. Well done!
Is the pheasant pate ready yet Sarah?
Don't tell Lord March about the poaching......

Stratie.fr
02-04-2017, 23:05
A few more pics...Thanks for LMC and especially for Tim+Sarah
Many Thanks to my excellent codriver, mechanic...and good Friend JD

Stratos Fear
03-04-2017, 20:50
I was intending to come but was confused over the dates! When I checked the Goodwood website early on Saturday morning I saw that the open Track Day was the previous day - so thought I had missed it ! Didnt realise it was a Lancia track day !

Perhaps I should have asked - oh well there is always next year! (might have my car ready by then!)

Peter

Stratie.fr
03-04-2017, 22:22
Some good photos of Stratii and other nifty cars here (http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albums/01-04-2017-lancia-goodwood-photos/index.html). This was a Lancia Motor Club day, hence the predominance.

Tim and Sarah, Frederic, John and myself were in attendance. I think some of the other guys may have some videos but i'll let them put them up for viewing.

Mark

A small one here : https://youtu.be/-mIVrvicXNc

Stratie.fr
05-04-2017, 11:02
Two more pics from Aaron Edwards of our Strato's duo... On attack around the chicane!!

Stratos Fear
07-04-2017, 10:36
I hope these pictures are high definition - we could use them in the calendar next year !