PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage Cert

rutthenut
10-01-2017, 22:34
Help: Anyone have a copy of the roll cage certificate for the Transformer/Hawk HF?

I recall including details of it in the club newsletter many years back (probably around 1998) but can't find my actual doc.
If not a copy of the cert, just the certificate number would do, so I can contact the MSA with that.

Bernard
11-01-2017, 11:06
Hi JR

I assume that you have contacted JH ?

If you have problems I will take a look tonight

Cheers

P

The Slug
11-01-2017, 11:32
Hi John,

There is a copy in Newsletter 19 but its so badly copied you can't use it. However if JH is not able to help drop Carol (Membership) a note as she may have a copy of what you looking for.

Media
11-01-2017, 17:21
Hi John,

Are these the ones you require.

Hi John,

There is a copy in Newsletter 19 but its so badly copied you can't use it. However if JH is not able to help drop Carol (Membership) a note as she may have a copy of what you looking for.

Lancialulu
11-01-2017, 17:26
Would I be right in assuming all HF 2000 Transformers were built with these???

colin artus
12-01-2017, 16:07
Chassis with a SPY prefix (manufactured by Spyder Engineering '87 to '90) have a lighter cage structure than those made by Safety Devices (1990 on) to which the cert applies. These cages don't meet current regs which call for 44mm(?) tubing.

rutthenut
19-01-2017, 22:45
Hi John,

Are these the ones you require.

They were, yes thanks. Gerry did come back to me with them too. Will now see if MSA are happy to accept this as a 'homologated' (aka certified) rollover protection structure for current use.

mel lewis
19-01-2017, 23:06
Give me a call John, I got mine log booked and John Butts has his sorted also.

ChrisCar6
20-01-2017, 07:49
I got my logbook on the basis of that too, although it was nearly ten years ago.

john
20-01-2017, 16:36
It's more down to who you deal with than any paperwork you have........

rutthenut
21-01-2017, 08:18
Cheers Mel, John, Chris and others.
Chris - knew you log-booked your Hawk back then but have a feeling regs have moved on a bit since then. However, the cage structure had been approved and with roll cage certification, it doesn't need to use the larger tube diameters currently specified.
Mel/John - will be in touch at some point. Will need to switch seats over from the Manta, fit fuel sampling take-off and mud flaps, refit handheld extinguisher, use newer in-date belts and I think technically that should be enough to get the car tested. Other prep/re-prep work I want to do as well but that's a different aspect to MSA eligibility.

As you say, depends on the scrute. Will find out who my local log-booking scrutineer would be too as that can make a difference. Confirmation from MSA for the roll cage still being valid would help too.

StruanR
24-01-2017, 21:31
Chassis with a SPY prefix (manufactured by Spyder Engineering '87 to '90) have a lighter cage structure than those made by Safety Devices (1990 on) to which the cert applies. These cages don't meet current regs which call for 44mm(?) tubing.
Yes I have two different cage structures, later car is heavier.
Struan