PDA

View Full Version : For sale Alfa six speed quaife sequential gearbox

Big Healey
25-01-2017, 20:28
I am selling my Alfa six speed straight cut gearbox fitted with a quaife LSD diff .
This is a brand new , never fitted gearbox, the gearbox was built by quaife and all the gears have been super finished. The gearbox is complete with gear lever assembly and gear change light indicator unit.
I am only selling my gearbox because I ve come across ferrari dino engine and gearbox unit for my hawk kit , which I am building.
My contact number is 07714695532 or you can pm me

Strat Fan
26-01-2017, 22:33
Big Healey, have you considered one of these? 10823

It would appear to be the perfect accessory to go with your new engine and rear uprights.
They even do a full chassis with the steel roof and sides so this could create a near perfect replica when combined with the parts you are collecting and the fuel tanks you are making. You would only then only need to fabricate wishbones to the original dimensions (drawings are available in the original Stratos manual) & you can use the Grp panels glazing & lighting from your Hawk kit to complete the job.

LM mic
27-01-2017, 06:51
Big Healey, have you considered one of these?

It would appear to be the perfect accessory to go with your new engine and rear uprights

Seems .... weldings are perfectly "in period" ....... ;););););)

Big Healey
28-01-2017, 19:29
Yes looks good, I didn't know these were available. I had been thinking of building a steel monocoque unit, using the hawk front and rear, so it would be as original.
Thank you for info, if anybody has orginal drawings or dimensions of the original monocoque I could think of reproducing them .