PDA

View Full Version : AGM Stoneleigh 2017

mel lewis
11-02-2017, 13:47
AGM National Kit Car Show

Its that time again folks, another year gone by and the club needs YOUR HELP.

We need your input to what direction the club should take and we need your comments (constructive) NOW,.Basically if you don't tell the committee what you want from the club there will be a strong possibility you wont get ! and that's not good for the club, the more you put in the more you'll get out.

Also if there's anyone who feels they have the drive to offer there services as a committee member, please let me know before 30/04/17. The same committee has been in force for several years now and some committee members feel that they cant give any more positive input to advance the Club to the next level

A fresh face or two would be good for variety, and help spur the club onto the next level, so please let me know if you want to leave your stamp on the club, even if you cant attend on the day.

Time for the AGM will be Sunday 12.00 mid day, Prompt !

Please fill in BBQ poll if you want feeding and bring your own cup (although I think mugs are still available to purchase).

Find it here
http:// www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/3859-AGM-2017 (http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/3859-AGM-2017)

Mel
SEC Secretary

LM mic
11-02-2017, 16:37
AGM National Kit Car Show

Time for the AGM will be 12.00 mid day,

Mel
SEC Secretary

Yes Mel ! but which day ? sunday or monday ?
Thanks

mel lewis
11-02-2017, 17:37
Yes Mel ! but which day ? sunday or monday ?
Thanks

Sorry
good point Sunday

mel lewis
14-02-2017, 20:00
!!!!!!!!!!! ???????

LM mic
15-02-2017, 08:36
Sorry
good point Sunday

Ok
Thanks!!!! Hope to be there ,then

mel lewis
19-02-2017, 18:22
Well folks it looks like its going to be a very short AGM this year as according to the poll only 9 need feeding, there are no items on the Agenda, And no one offering to become a member of the committee.

Looks like you dont need the club ??? Please try and prove me wrong !

mel lewis
08-04-2017, 22:43
Well folks it looks like its going to be a very short AGM this year as according to the poll only 9 need feeding, there are no items on the Agenda, And no one offering to become a member of the committee.

Looks like you dont need the club ??? Please try and prove me wrong !

Anyone ????????????

The Slug
09-04-2017, 02:05
Here something to debate...

1. I propose that Committee members have free membership whilst being a titled member on the committee.
2. I propose that the Committee look at hiring a track where all members can take part in a fun track day, maybe take some members out for a ride who might not have a car.

LM mic
09-04-2017, 07:25
Ian
Hope to attend at the AGM and will discuss with you and Mel if I can be for a help !
I remind you what we said some month ago ; I will be with the camper van and if possible will more than be happy to locate it at the same place than
last year ?
As said it will be open for coffee and more to any friend member club:o
Will bring also some tools in case of giving help to members coming with their cars and needing to fix any "little" issue to go back home

hollytree
09-04-2017, 10:01
I plan to be there on at least on one of the days, but dont know which yet.
Regards
Steve

Stratos Fear
10-04-2017, 12:35
Hi Mel
What time do we need to be there ? I'll be driving up from the South Coast so need to ensure I leave early enough.

Peter

mel lewis
10-04-2017, 23:37
Hi Mel
What time do we need to be there ? I'll be driving up from the South Coast so need to ensure I leave early enough.

Peter

12.00 See you there
Mel

Martin Crikey
11-04-2017, 06:02
Thinking of coming down with the Stratos, if so can I just turn up on the day or do you need a entry booked. Trips out in in the car normally means a list of jobs after but I have breakdown cover so may risk it . Not sure if luck favours the brave or a big bill , I will have to see.

mel lewis
11-04-2017, 22:58
Come on down, look forward to seeing your motor, no need to book just roll up.

ProtoTipo
12-04-2017, 08:09
Regarding arrival timing at the Kit Car Show, Stoneleigh:

Between 9:45am and 11:00am, you'll likely be in a traffic jam when you get near the venue.

Lancialulu
12-04-2017, 10:03
what time does it open?

Lancialulu
12-04-2017, 10:05
Supplementary... what number the SEC stand??

ProtoTipo
12-04-2017, 11:05
what time does it open?

Gates open at 9:30am (for the public, that is) Tim:
http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/contact_us.php

Club cars have been allowed in earlier than that when I used to attend in a Stratos.
That's quite a long time ago now though.

Lancialulu
12-04-2017, 11:10
Thanks Chris

So If I have got this right I can turn up in a Stratos Rep and get in for free just £10 for a passenger??

Tim

ProtoTipo
12-04-2017, 11:34
Thanks Chris

So If I have got this right I can turn up in a Stratos Rep and get in for free just £10 for a passenger??

Tim

Yep, that's right. Unless one of you climbs in the boot?!
Is it CO1 free? (I mean the gas, not a Colchester post code)

Lancialulu
12-04-2017, 17:56
Is it CO1 free? (I mean the gas, not a Colchester post code)???????? It has no cat....

mariner
18-04-2017, 20:18
Hi,

Intend to be there on Sunday and hopefully Monday as well.

rgds Bob

hollytree
19-04-2017, 14:00
I will now be there on Sunday.(assuming nothing breaks on the way)
Regards
Steve

ah_sprite
19-04-2017, 16:39
Just booked tickets for myself and girlfriend, will see you all on the Sunday.

R

carol
21-04-2017, 23:02
Please remember to bring along your MUGS , eating irons, for your free help yourselves alcohol free liquids, and the barbecue after the AGM on sunday

This year there will be a one some special offers on the regalia items

see you all then
Regards carol

LM mic
22-04-2017, 06:58
Hello Carol
Me will bring too ; big cables and steel mudd rails ... in case some need help to be trailed out of grass !!!! LOL:o
Hope we will habe more sun than last year :p
See you there
Regards

turbonutter
23-04-2017, 14:15
Unfortunately, due to prior family commitments, I will not be able to make it to the AGM on Sunday, so please accept my apologies.

Hopefully I will make it down on the Monday.

cheers
Neil

red5
23-04-2017, 18:06
Hope to be there Sunday, weather dependent, currently forecast is dry so hopefully should be a good turnout.

john
23-04-2017, 19:27
After a promising first run today in Frederics car with its temporary radiator I am now confident we will be with you all on Sunday morning.

Ken Tomblin
23-04-2017, 21:54
HI Carol
Ollie and I will be at the AGM on Sunday and would like to be included for the BBQ

Regards Ken

Stratie.fr
23-04-2017, 22:03
After a promising first run today in Frederics car with its temporary radiator I am now confident we will be with you all on Sunday morning.

That's a great news John! :)
Hopefully this cooling and radiator troubles are behind us!! Many Thanks for your hard works these latest days for fixing all of that!
Thanks to Steve for his help to refit radiator with you during this sunny sunday! Thanks also other fellows from here for their advices and helps to find a spare rad in emergency before Stoneleigh

Pleased to see you at AGM!
Frederic

hollytree
24-04-2017, 21:39
Any idea what time we should turn up in Stratos to get in and onto Stratos area on Sunday.
What time are club cars allowed in?
Regards
Steve

red5
24-04-2017, 23:54
Any idea what time we should turn up in Stratos to get in and onto Stratos area on Sunday.
What time are club cars allowed in?
Regards
Steve

There is no restriction regarding access to the club areas at Stoneleigh, come and go as you please. As previous post, gates open at 9:30, not sure you would want to be any earlier, most cars don't arrive until late morning.

Skelly
28-04-2017, 09:55
I'll be there
don't think the the Strat will be finished in time

The Slug
28-04-2017, 17:56
Pull your finger out Man a few hours and you will have it all sorted ... or maybe you need a garage day!!

Lancialulu
28-04-2017, 19:24
Cant remember if I said but is it too late to book 2 bbq's on Sunday after the AGM. Mugs have been packed!!!

The Slug
28-04-2017, 19:54
We can fit you in yes.

ah_sprite
28-04-2017, 22:09
Pretty sure I've replied elsewhere but there will be two of us at the AGM and BBQ. Looking forward to it!

Ken Tomblin
28-04-2017, 22:51
HI Carol
Could you please include Paul Hassall for th AGM and BBQ !!
many thanks Ken

Lancialulu
01-05-2017, 11:46
Great day yesterday. Great selection of cars. Great SEC folk. Great AGM - the club has momentum from Ian's sterling work of past few years. As your new press officer I hope to be badgering the press to give SEC some more exposure.

Anyway a few photos for those members who could not make it!

Tim

red5
01-05-2017, 12:23
I thought the show was a lot better than previous years, the halls were busier, more manufacturers and generally better attended. Both Stratos replica manufacturers had impressive stands with a good mixture of cars.

Thanks to everyone in the club for the time and effort they put in to arrange these events. One very small criticism would be I think the club stand could have been arranged better, but guess we were not expected so many cars to turn up, I think there were up to 15 cars on the stand.

Thanks to the BBQ chef, burgers were cooked to perfection.

turbonutter
01-05-2017, 19:49
Had a good day at the show today, thanks to all involved.
Does anyone have any photos of the cars on the stand today? I forgot to take any...

The Slug
01-05-2017, 21:51
Not the best placed Marquee this year but we have to use what we are given, we don't have much say in where they put it on the pitch having completed the ground work form.
Would have been better closer to the road by the fairground giving more parking space on just one side.
That said its down to you guys who turned up on mass this year, supporting the club, better to have a headache thinking where are we going to put you all than a big open space. Even today was well supported with 7 cars.

Maybe next year folk can give a positive "I'm coming" so we have a good idea.

mariner
02-05-2017, 11:25
Had a good day at the show today, thanks to all involved.
Does anyone have any photos of the cars on the stand today? I forgot to take any...

These are the only two photos I took over the weekend

rgds Bob

turbonutter
02-05-2017, 12:29
Thanks Bob

Normb666
02-05-2017, 19:55
Thanks to everyone for the welcome on Saturday. First time I've met most of those who were there - good to know I'm the best-looking (but I'm used to it by now.) :)

Big Ta to Burger Girl (soz, did'nt catch your name, and couldn't ask cos my mouth was full of burger and coffee!) and Jayne, who forced me against my better judgment to hand over £5 for a keyring for a car that so far only exists as as an email saying "ta for your initial bond, we'll be in touch - don't call us" or similar.

Anyway, hope to meet y'all again soon...if you're not careful.

The Norm

LM mic
02-05-2017, 22:15
Back to work on stratos projects for this week ; I thanks a lot all team from the Sec for their so warm welcome ! For that so excellent barbecue !! and of course for the very friend diner we had reminding me
those diners under the tent on circuits on the 80's when racing was so ...... cheerfull:rolleyes:

Stratie.fr
03-05-2017, 00:47
Back to Southern France after a long journey with John and my car (!) I would like to thank all the staff for this great week end and specially Ian for his warm welcome!
It was a great pleasure to meet at last plenty fellows members of our club!
A special Thanks to Carol Jayne and Nicole for their nice dinner under the Marquee :)

Here a few more photos of some cars on the stand

The Slug
03-05-2017, 21:06
I would just like to say a big thank you to the chef on the day Jane Penfold for doing the cooking on the day whilst we all had a chat in the AGM.

Its the thankless tasks that often go unmentioned but make the club what it is, so Jane A big thank you for your efforts.

mel lewis
03-05-2017, 22:28
I would just like to say a big thank you to the chef on the day Jane Penfold for doing the cooking on the day whilst we all had a chat in the AGM.

Its the thankless tasks that often go unmentioned but make the club what it is, so Jane A big thank you for your efforts.

Hear Hear excellent job.

ProtoTipo
04-05-2017, 08:41
so Jane A big thank you for your efforts.

Yes, thirded.

Jeff
04-05-2017, 15:52
Yes, thirded.

I'll pass on the message to 'er indoors. I'm sure she'll be surprised and delighted at the mention.

ChrisCar6
18-06-2017, 00:46
Did the Chequered Career Trophy get awarded this year?
Mel is an early nominee for next year, and I have hopes for Guy, something has to go wrong with his garage arrangements!

ChrisCar6
28-06-2017, 16:15
No news? ��

The Slug
01-07-2017, 16:19
Minutes from the meeting.

LM mic
02-07-2017, 09:38
Intersting minutes to read :rolleyes:

It will be nice to talk effectivly ( new thread ? ) about the possibility to organise that forum challenge we spoke concerning the best thread poster of the year ?

Mel ?? Ian ???:)

ChrisCar6
02-07-2017, 15:10
Minutes from the meeting.

That reads as a sign of a healthy club.

Griff
02-07-2017, 20:46
and Ian has kept me up to speed, it will be going to the next 'lucky' recipient Griff