PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I just joined the club

Stradale493
20-02-2017, 23:03
My name is Graham and I'm in the North-West, close to Blackpool.
I've been a fan of the Stratos (Strato's ? not sure on forum etiquette re the apostrophe) since the late 80's and always planned to build my own.
After many years of "not getting around to it", a couple of years ago I read an article about the ListerBell car, a lot of emails and a few visits later and I'm hoping to have my "factory-built" ListerBell STR on the road very soon.
As I was always a fan of the road car first I've gone for a Stradale replica.
Since almost every internet search for useful Stratos-related info leads to these forums, I thought it was about time I joined.

Guy Mayers
20-02-2017, 23:14
Welcome to the madhouse! A Lister Bell Stradale - that'll be a rare beastie! Not so many of us in the North West these days...

Guy

LPH_UK
20-02-2017, 23:48
Welcome.

How did you manage to get a factory built one? When I first went to LB that's what I wanted but I left having agreed to build it myself somehow!

Is you car currently in build? If so I've probably seen it at LB. I'm there again this week - prob Wed.

Stradale493
21-02-2017, 00:05
I think Craig and Lydia took pity on me - yes it's in build, last photos I saw had bodywork fitted and trim mostly done. If there is a car that looks like a red stradale there's a good chance its mine (although someone else is building another LB that looks like its twin !)

ah_sprite
21-02-2017, 00:24
Welcome along! I'm also a Northerner and am currently waiting for my chassis to be built. My car will also be a Stradale, but lime green. Much more stylish than all these boy racers with their wide wheels and arches :p

john
21-02-2017, 07:36
Much more stylish than all these boy racers with their wide wheels and arches :p

.....and much more practical in those Manchester traffic jams, eh Richard?!

Welcome along Graham. Potentially quite a few new cars in the North-West over the next year or two then?
Richard, Norm and myself even aswell as your own.
Am I forgetting anyone else? I'm just on the verge of pouring an Epoxy floor in my new garage and then I can retrieve my LB prototype from storage and get on with it at long last.
I'm guessing the other red LB Stradale will be Pauls in NZ?

Stradale493
21-02-2017, 08:49
I'm guessing the other red LB Stradale will be Pauls in NZ?

I don't know, photos were posted on the ListerBell facebook page back in Feb 2016 after body fit.

It certainly seemed like Stradales are under-represented at any event I've attended - maybe that's starting to change though if there are a few in build

LM mic
21-02-2017, 08:51
Welcome to the Group !!

Guy Mayers
21-02-2017, 09:17
Am I forgetting anyone else?
Ok! Doesn't Liverpool count as NW?

mel lewis
21-02-2017, 10:54
Ok! Doesn't Liverpool count as NW?

Well I know Im going on a bit but if everyone used the members map we would know (roughly) where our closest member was. !!!!!

mel lewis
21-02-2017, 11:01
Welcome to the club Graham, Nice to see you have a knack of getting a conversation going, Keep it up...

Nip over to the prom this weekend as there will be a couple of Stratos out at the Northwest Stages, and have a chat with the drivers. I would have liked to be there but I cant get out of working (again).

Stradale493
21-02-2017, 12:04
Done - managed to find myself floating off the coast of Africa, now dragged to within sight of Blackpool tower.

The Slug
21-02-2017, 13:45
Since almost every internet search for useful Stratos-related info leads to these forums, I thought it was about time I joined.

That's good to know....

Normb666
21-02-2017, 17:43
Hiya Graham, good to see another one in the North West... I'm in St Helens, which is a mere charabanc ride away from Blackpool (or it was when I was a kid - maybe they've moved it since, I dunno).
Think I saw your car back in late October when I visited LB. Is it the one they'd just accidentally dropped a motor through the roof of? Ha ha, only kidding....it was a gearbox :)
I too wanted a factory-built car, but there was always zero chance of that cos Craig knew I'd already built an Allora back in the day and he didn't believe my tales of arthritic joints and failing hand-to-eye coordination. Or maybe I just didn't turn up with enough HobNobs. So it's the nail-it-together-yourself route for me, assuming I've still got the mental capacity to navigate back there and pick it up when it's ready.

When will you be getting your mitts on yours, then? Bet you can't wait!!

North-West Stages on the prom, eh? Hmmm....I think I sense a trip up the road coming on...;)

Normb666
21-02-2017, 17:51
By the way - Guy - no, Liverpool's not in the North-West. It's generally regarded by others as a Foreign Land where you venture at your peril (and with a spare set of wheels if you'll be leaving the motor unattended for over 5 mins).

Naah, only joking. Nowt wrong with Scousers...it says here... :p

Stradale493
21-02-2017, 18:20
I'd always planned to assemble one myself but work commitments always got in the way and I didn't want to wait until early retirement was an option.
I've chipped in by sourcing and refurbishing most of the Fiat-source components. I was particularly proud of the new springs I made for the over-centre catches and the keys I had to cut for the door handles that had locks without keys.
Not sure exactly when it will hit the road, but hopefully sometime during spring