PDA

View Full Version : Track Day Curborough sprint course June 15th

The Slug
23-02-2017, 15:45
So the Sprint course day for this Year is on 15th June.

If your interested then let me know we are trying to get a collection of rally cars to go besides our Stratos.

2x Times and current Champ is Mariner.. Who can beat him....

So the date is June 15th track opens at 9 am till 5 pm give or take.

Gates will be open for 8 am.

You will need to wear helmets.

The total cost is £60, and you need to pay a none returnable deposit of £30 now, balance on the day, please via paypal direct to sprintandtrackday@hotmail.co.uk let me know when you have booked so we can keep a record of how many and who is going, also add your name to this thread please.

When you pay please add a note in paypal saying stratos club and tell then what your going to be driving.

As before a run to the local foody place will be made at lunch time and the guys will have menus on the day for you to pick from.

Its a fun event so do try and support it.

mel lewis
24-02-2017, 21:23
Im up for some of that, as I missed it last year..

turbonutter
25-02-2017, 17:30
So the Sprint course day for this Year is on 15th June.

If your interested then let me know we are trying to get a collection of rally cars to go besides our Stratos.

2x Times and current Champ is Mariner.. Who can beat him....

There is a good chance I will be home this year mid June :) Hopefully nothing gets in my way of being there this year, so put me down for it...

mariner
26-02-2017, 21:05
Hi Ian,

Thanks for organising another sprint day the previous two have been very enjoyable days.
I should be able to make it again this year so count me in, doubt I can manage 3 wins in a row though.

rgds Bob

The Slug
27-02-2017, 02:33
Going:

Mel Mel
Mariner Bob PAID DEPOSIT
Turbonutter Neil PAID DEPOSIT

Will add to it if any others come forward.

Lancialulu
27-02-2017, 09:32
Sorry am not able to come as abroad on a Lancia Fulvia rally. May be next year as I do want to test my new set up.

Nigel Wilkinson
27-02-2017, 21:23
Hi Ian
Can you put me down please. I'll sort time off work asap. Cheers Nigel.

The Slug
28-02-2017, 11:24
I have put the info and payment details on the 1st entry. Please all check, this gets filled up very quickly from other clubs as well and this year we are trying to get past Rally cars on the day so Rallying history have been invited by Dan to take part.

Worth a visit just to see the cars... you cant beat a fire squirting Quattro Sport in the forests...( Its got 4wd thats why!)

Steve C
28-02-2017, 15:00
Cannot make this one as I am working, fingers crossed next year is during a break! Enjoy!
Steve

mariner
01-03-2017, 13:01
Hi Ian,

just to confirm deposit paid for Curborough sprint.

rgds Bob

turbonutter
01-03-2017, 16:39
My Deposit paid and I am scheduled to be home all of June this year, so after twice failing to make it, I will be there this year. :)

ducatiman
01-03-2017, 23:40
Should be able to make it.............

Nigel Wilkinson
02-03-2017, 21:22
Absolutely gutted ����. Tried to get time off work for this. Too many people off and can't have the time.

mel lewis
20-03-2017, 23:24
Deposit Paid ;);)

turbonutter
27-04-2017, 20:40
I see that Bob, Mel and myself have paid. Anyone else going to be on track? If not the worst I can do is come third.....

The Slug
27-04-2017, 22:06
Very true but watch out for the 9 year old in the micra!!!!!

Bob will tell you about him...lol

turbonutter
10-05-2017, 11:09
Just confirmed with Dan that I will be there... just need my ECU back from the USA - the DBW is playing up, so had to send the ecu back for repair.... should be back in 2 weeks, so still time to get the engine mapped with the WI :)

Bernard
10-05-2017, 14:09
Very true but watch out for the 9 year old in the micra!!!!!

Bob will tell you about him...lol

I sprinted at Curborough many years ago and FTD was a young lad about 18 years old in a very well prepared 1600 Vauxhall Nova..... apparently he lived next door to the circuit and went round it most weekends..... Never judge a book by its cover !

as he walloped me I shall remain anonimouse !!! lol

turbonutter
10-05-2017, 22:13
Last time I was there was in my first stratos..... FTD went to a Group B Quattro packing close to 1000bhp from its compound charged engine!:cool:

mariner
10-05-2017, 23:00
Hi,

I've also confirmed my entry for with Dan at Curborough.

rgds Bob

turbonutter
26-05-2017, 11:27
My ECU is apparently repaired and on it's way back from the USA, so all looking good for the sprint!

The Slug
26-05-2017, 12:57
Lets hope so a lot of people have been waiting to see the beast on track!!

turbonutter
26-05-2017, 13:39
Lets hope so a lot of people have been waiting to see the beast on track!!

Including me.... hope I don't dissapoint!

there should still be time for a quick tune up for the WI as well:cool:

turbonutter
02-06-2017, 12:23
Finally got the ECU back today, after it got stuck in customs - All working as it should, so just the tune up to arrange :)

The Slug
02-06-2017, 12:45
SO WE SHOULD HAVE 2 CARS NOW THEN ALL BEING WELL....

mel lewis
02-06-2017, 13:35
Sorry folks, wont be able to make it after all, slight off in Spain has caused a bit of suspension and panel damage !!!
BUT I'LL BE BACK ......

turbonutter
02-06-2017, 15:44
Sorry folks, wont be able to make it after all, slight off in Spain has caused a bit of suspension and panel damage !!!
BUT I'LL BE BACK ......

Maybe someone else can take Mel's place?

mel lewis
02-06-2017, 17:04
Maybe someone else can take Mel's place?
Yes please do. And now its half price...lol

NoCorseChris
09-06-2017, 19:05
I'm planning on attending as a spectator if that's OK

turbonutter
09-06-2017, 23:45
Spectators are always welcome :D

turbonutter
10-06-2017, 08:15
Had a moment at the dyno yesterday when I thought I migh have to cancel ........ for some reason after the first set of dyno pulls one of the gear cables stuck... I did think it might have been the gearbox until I disconnected the cable, but thankfully the box is ok... as is the cable it would appear that the harness buckle had got jammed in my fancy linkage... another reason to wear seat belts!

The Slug
10-06-2017, 22:33
Take it steady till Thursday.... at least get there!!

turbonutter
10-06-2017, 23:32
Take it steady till Thursday.... at least get there!!

Bar the Gear Issue it was all running good on the dyno :) Only plans are for a couple of short runs to verify the tune in the real world in case any tweaks are needed.....

turbonutter
13-06-2017, 12:54
Bar the Gear Issue it was all running good on the dyno :) Only plans are for a couple of short runs to verify the tune in the real world in case any tweaks are needed.....

Sorry to all, but I wont be able to make it :(
This time it is not the car that has let me down or work.

We have just been to the vets with our Dog Alfie & he has a very aggressive Cancer, so bad that the Vets are coming on thursday to put him to sleep :(:(

The Slug
13-06-2017, 14:11
Very sorry to hear the bad news Neil

Bernard
13-06-2017, 15:00
Sorry to hear that Neil and Bev .... the problem with pets is that you get terribly attached as they become a proper member of the family....

StruanR
13-06-2017, 18:00
Sorry Neil and Bev, been there too often ourselves.:(
Struan

mariner
13-06-2017, 20:40
Hi,

Sorry to hear you can't make it this year hopefully another time.

Think I'm the only one of us with an entry now but I'm ready to go so will be there.

rgds Bob

LM mic
13-06-2017, 20:55
Sorry to all, but I wont be able to make it :(
This time it is not the car that has let me down or work.

We have just been to the vets with our Dog Alfie & he has a very aggressive Cancer, so bad that the Vets are coming on thursday to put him to sleep :(:(

So sorry for you and wife
I know this difficult and hard situation to live ; I lost my good friend cat "felix " monthes ago ( car onto his head !!!!:() they are for us something we cannot explain and their lost is so painfull:(

turbonutter
14-06-2017, 14:51
Hi,

Sorry to hear you can't make it this year hopefully another time.

Think I'm the only one of us with an entry now but I'm ready to go so will be there.

rgds Bob

As Alfie left us yesterday, I will try to make it tomorrow and race in his name.

Thanks for all of the kind comments about Alfie

Lancialulu
14-06-2017, 20:57
Sorry I cannot be there as am on way to a rally of Fulvias in Belgium. If anyone takes some hi-res photos and emails them to me at tim348@aol.com I will try to get a press release out to promote the club to the wider motoring world.

Thanks

Tim
SEC Press Officer

turbonutter
16-06-2017, 23:21
We had a good day on Thursday, a bit of rain before lunch made the track interesting :) , but it didnt last long & the track soon dried out..

I had Alfie with me a wing man.... & we managed to be a couple of seconds faster than Bob :)

Hopefully next year we can get a few cars there?

Any photos Ian?

LM mic
17-06-2017, 07:22
Hello Neil
I understand Alfie being areal "mad codriver" even being in the clouds on top of your heart !!!!!:o

mariner
17-06-2017, 18:41
Sorry I cannot be there as am on way to a rally of Fulvias in Belgium. If anyone takes some hi-res photos and emails them to me at tim348@aol.com I will try to get a press release out to promote the club to the wider motoring world.

Thanks

Tim
SEC Press Officer

Hi,
Sorry completely forgot to take any photos must have been too busy enjoying myself on track

Many thanks to Ian and Jayne for arranging this event and the tea on the day, just a pity that there werent a few more of us.

For the record Neil also beat me on spins :)

Rgds Bob