PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Scotland

renmure
16-05-2017, 23:54
Hi from sunny (might be snowy, depends on the time of day) Scotland.

Put my deposit down on a ListerBell Stratos this morning after pestering Craig and everyone else on the LB stand at Stoneleigh with loads of daft questions a couple of weeks ago.

I am the least mechanically minded guy in the world so won't be nailing it all together myself but am already mega excited and looking forward to (a) getting the bits (b) getting the car and (c) joining in with stuff.

Hopefully you will all forgive any daft daft questions that spring from my keyboard when I am looking at all the build threads :D

Jim

Guy Mayers
17-05-2017, 00:37
Welcome to the club Jim, we look forward to your stories of your build as you progress it!

There's only one piece of advice at this point for you.

The ONLY daft question is the one you don't ask. If you're not sure about anything there are people on here who know the answers and are more than happy to share!

Guy

LM mic
17-05-2017, 08:49
Welcome to LB family owners!!

ChrisCar6
17-05-2017, 17:04
Hi from sunny (might be snowy, depends on the time of day) Scotland.

Jim

Furry boots?

renmure
17-05-2017, 19:15
Furry boots?

Somewhere in the countryside in the middle of Forfar, Brechin, Arbroath and Montrose..... so Norff East(ish)

ChrisCar6
17-05-2017, 20:30
My son and mother-in-law are in Forfar - don't go in the Stratos when I'm up there though. I'm near Melrose in the Borders.

renmure
17-05-2017, 22:29
I do some work in Forfar. Nice place but everyone knows everyone else there.
It's a decent place to spot nice cars tho. Quite a few nice ones in the area.
I pop down to Lempitlaw every now and again. Looks like lots of nice roads down there.

renmure
27-05-2020, 12:24
Bumpity bump.. Quick question...

Looks like I'm back being a free, non-paid-up member.
Did I miss an email or notification about that happening or does it just happen...?

Jim

ps... 3 years eh. Whoever would have thunk!

Redline
27-05-2020, 16:32
Jim,

tried to send you a Private Message but system says your box is full (perhaps because you are no longer a member!!)

Best thing to do is the following...

Click on the Settings menu item on the top right of the screen
Click on the Paid Subscriptions (not the Subscriptions item)
Click on the 2020 Membership and pay via PayPal...

Let me know if it goes OK

Mark

renmure
27-05-2020, 17:36
Hi Mark,
Thanks, that's me sorted again.
I'll need to pay more attention :)
Jim

Normb666
28-05-2020, 12:48
....as well as pay your subs.... ;)

Have to admit though, it caught me out too last year. So you all came very close to not having to put up with my mindless comments any more :)

renmure
28-05-2020, 14:02
....as well as pay your subs.... ;)

Have to admit though, it caught me out too last year. So you all came very close to not having to put up with my mindless comments any more :)

I only noticed because I was trying to send you a PM and it wouldn't let me do it.

I was trying to warn you that I thought your account had been hacked because some bloke on another thread was claiming to by you and also claiming to be good looking. Seemed very suspicious to me. Maybe it was a Russian Bot

ProtoTipo
28-05-2020, 17:17
I was trying to warn you that I thought your account had been hacked because some bloke on another thread was claiming to by you and also claiming to be good looking. Seemed very suspicious to me. Maybe it was a Russian Bot

I have heard about this 'New Norm' that people keep talking about...

Normb666
28-05-2020, 17:58
I heard that the hacker got a dose of the old Covid-19, so now he's ended up with a hacking cough.

There y'go, Norman service has been resumed :)