PDA

View Full Version : Donor 156 GTA engine and parts

powelly999
22-06-2017, 16:50
Hi all
Due to a change of plan, I've got a 3.2 GTA engine and six speed gearbox with other parts available suitable for a Lister Bell or Hawk Build.

The engine and gearbox have been removed from the donor car which is a genuine 2002 156 GTA. I have the log book and it is held on a SORN, so the kit could be registered on a 2002 plate avoiding a 'Q' plate if required.
The engine has done approx 71,000 miles, ran perfectly before I removed it, and I did a compression test to satisfy myself that it could be fitted into a Lister Bell with only a belts, tensioner, oil and filters change, but of course it's up to the new owner how far they would want to freshen it up if at all. I was going to fit it with the minimum needed as all was good after the compression test, and it was fine when I drove it.
It has the ECU's, ignition switch/key, loom and code ECU, and I also have the throttle pedal. The ancillary's are included (starter motor, alternator, aircon comp) and the gearbox is a six speed as expected. I believe it does not have a LSD fitted and would have checked before I fitted into the build.
I have along with above, the gear lever and change cables, heater vents, wiper motor and mechanism/spindles, and the fuel pump.

I've removed all of these donor parts so the hard work has been done and of course the shell of the car would not be needed but the log book could be transferred for the new keeper for registration of a kit.

Please PM for any more info or details
Regards
Andy.

josh33
22-06-2017, 20:16
Hi Andy,

How much do you want for the motor and box.

Cheers.

powelly999
22-06-2017, 20:38
PM'd you
Hi Andy,

How much do you want for the motor and box.

Cheers.

Stephan
23-06-2017, 17:08
Hi there.

Sorry I don't have interest in the engine but I am interested in the following.

"I have the log book and it is held on a SORN, so the kit could be registered on a 2002 plate avoiding a 'Q' plate if required."

I have an 2014 engine and when it's finished it would get registered in 2018 in the UK. But because I live in the Netherlands it will have to be imported and therefor it would be very nice to have it registered in 2014. That would save me a lot if TAX.

Stratos Fear
23-06-2017, 19:59
Stephan - not sure if you understood this right but I believe this engine will be sold with the log book which records at the Licensing Authority (the DVLA) that it is officially off the road ie it doesnt need to pay road-tax temporarily (the SORN is a statutory Offroad Notification). It is the way to transfer an engine and gearbox to a new car while keeping a period registration and avoiding a "Q" registration number. This log book will go with the engine.

Stephan
26-06-2017, 10:45
Thanks for the info. I'm afraid this is not going to work for my Dutch 2014 crashed 4C donor car :(11492