PDA

View Full Version : Made some progress today

tipo158
17-12-2011, 23:50
Well, we are having a break in our normal winter weather (very cold and raining), yesterday and today were above normal temperatures (upper 40's) and no rain, partly cloudy. I was waiting until Spring to do this, but took advantage of the weather. I had the driver seat installed and strarted installing the passenger seat yeasterday. Today I finished installing the passenger seat and took the chassis off the rotisserie and onto a dolly (I built yesterday) to facilitate assemblying the car prior to painting. I will take some pictures tomorrow, it was a long day today.

tipo158
18-12-2011, 19:06

Here are my new axles, there was an adapter made that goes between the Ford stub axle and the Alfa CV. I also show a picture of the front just sitting there, you can see that there is a problem the the center section, it sits too high in front. I'ff fix that later when it gets warmer, right now the fiberglass is too cold and brittle. There is another picture of my car with the rear section just sitting there also, I wanted to get a shot of what the completed car might look like. I also have a shot of the rear of the dolly I built to move the chassis around while building. Note it is braced so that I can put the engine and gearbox in.

tipo158
18-12-2011, 19:10
10951092Here is a photo of the front of the dolly that I built, also a photo of my seats installed, the center section of the seats are upholstered in my family's tartan (yes, I'm of Scotish blood).

Other photo in previous post.