PDA

View Full Version : Michael Stoschek Stratos - Limited Production

Griff
09-02-2018, 10:00
Manufacturing of a Limited Series
Manifattura Automobili Torino and New Stratos GbR have reached an agreement for the manufacturing of a limited series of the New Stratos.
The car developed by Michael Stoschek, Chairman of the Brose Group and famous German Entrepreneur, together with his son, and originally built by Pininfarina, has been licensed to MAT that will produce and sell a maximum of 25 units.
Paolo Garella, presently CEO of Manifattura Automobili Torino and former Program Manager of the New Stratos Project, has obtained from Michael and Maximilian Stoschek permission to replicate the New Stratos using the same design and technologies of their car.
The 25 units will be offered worldwide, with the customer having a choice of different options and variations. The base platform that MAT will use to build the New Stratos will allow the creation of a GT racer, a Safari version, but also a competent supercar for the daily use.
The striking design of the New Stratos follows the lines of its world-famous predecessor offering a new exciting interpretation of the most famous and successful rally car of the past. Its lightweight design, the engine that can deliver over 550HP and the specially tuned suspensions and the ideal balance deliver an experience that no other supercar can assure on tight and twisty roads. The classic and simple car interior is a perfect example of efficient and bespoke design. It maintains the characteristics of the original car, like the integrated support for the helmets in the doors and enhances the souls and the mission of the car: making it ready to be a new, winning rally car.
Michael Stoschek has commented on the agreement by saying: “I am delighted that other passionate car enthusiasts can experience how successor of the most fascinating rally car from the seventies still sets the bar for design and performance today”.
Paolo Garella added: “For MAT this agreement is a further step in our growth and allows our path to becoming a true manufacturer. A small production run is a new challenge for us. To have the opportunity to build the New Stratos is a great honor and a recognition of the capabilities that MAT has acquired over the last few years. From its foundation in 2014, MAT has been involved in 4 different projects for the design and development of supercars. Now with the New Stratos we will deliver an extremely refined supercar that can be used every day but also deliver excitement and exhilarating fun on twisty roads.”
The car in all its variants will be presented at the upcoming Geneva Motorshow at the MAT stand. Prices and terms of delivery will be announced during the event. Find more details about the car at www.new-stratos.com (http://www.new-stratos.com)
For any further information, please contact:

Manifattura Automobili Torino srl
www.manifatturaautomobilitorino.com
press@manifatturaautomobilitorino.com

Lancialulu
09-02-2018, 11:20
I better start selling my soul...

StruanR
09-02-2018, 11:23
One assumes some sort of accommodation has been reached with Ferrari!

Normb666
09-02-2018, 12:51
That's assuming it's got any Ferrari parts in it at all...maybe not? As they say in adverts, "other manufacturers are available"! Shame they're making so few though. Although even if it was a proper, low-volume production car, I still couldn't afford it! Pleased it's happening though.
In fact, thinking about it, I hope it HASN'T got any Ferrari bits in it, then they can give Ferrari the finger for being arsey :)

ProtoTipo
09-02-2018, 14:18
Give me the red and white one!...

john
09-02-2018, 14:48
There are references to F430 "base" model so I'm assuming the engine and transmission are at least from Ferrari.
Some more familiar with modern Ferrari construction may be able to say if the chassis seen in some photos on the site is a modified Ferrari item. It does say "shortened chassis" somewhere.

Normb666
09-02-2018, 17:40
I think the F430 references relate to the original "new" Stratos which was built back in 2010. It used the F430 as a base, with a shortened chassis, and I think that part of the website dates from that time. There's a separate part with the announcement of a run of cars this year...no mention there on what parts are being used. But since Ferrari put the kybosh on them using any of their cars and even forbade their suppliers to get involved, I can't see how they've got round that ban.
Having said that, I don't see how Ferrari could stop anyone buying a used F430 and cutting it up to make something else...after all, once you've bought a car, you can do whatever you like to it! Think a guy in America did a modern take on a P4 not so long back and Ferrari went ballistic. But like the guy said, it's not their car, it's his, so tough! :)

Strat Fan
10-02-2018, 09:01
I don't see how Ferrari could stop anyone buying a used F430 and cutting it up to make something else...after all, once you've bought a car, you can do whatever you like to it! Think a guy in America did a modern take on a P4 not so long back and Ferrari went ballistic. But like the guy said, it's not their car, it's his, so tough! :)

Jim Glickenhaus took a Ferrari Enzo and created the Ferrari P4/5.
Glickenhaus is a name you will see on the MAT website so I would imagine that they could have been involved in the P4/5 project as well. One of the shots on their website shows the second P4/5 which was a race car built on the 430 Scuderia platform.
There are plenty of images of the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus car on their site as well.

Guy Mayers
10-02-2018, 09:42
Shame the New Stratos won't carry the Lancia badge. I'm out. Didn't win the lottery last night.....

Stratie.fr
10-02-2018, 10:15
Shame the New Stratos won't carry the Lancia badge. I'm out. Didn't win the lottery last night.....

You have to win the big lot as the car price would be around 800K€!! No parts from Ferrari would be used and the engine not sure are Ferrari one, but the italian Manufacturer need to find 25 engines powered with 550hp...new ones or overhauled ...from 430 Ferrari?!?
More informations soon :p

Guy Mayers
10-02-2018, 10:32
Audi R8? That's got 550? Might make Ferrari change their minds....

Stratie.fr
10-02-2018, 11:45

That's could be an excellent choice as R8 engine is very powefull and pretty good for fitting on the new Stratos chassis
...it would be a very speed car as the R8 is more heavy!!
And Ferrari and Fiat group would be a bit goaded with that!!

ironman523
12-02-2018, 08:06
It could go down in history as the only Ferrari ever made that you could drive round in and not look a complete twat ��

Normb666
12-02-2018, 13:51
Oh I dunno Rob, you can always drive one with a bag over your head....although I suppose you'd still resemble the aforementioned item, but for a different reason and at least no-one would know who it was :)

Strat Fan
12-02-2018, 15:24
I've had a word with Andy but he seems reluctant to let me rebody his......:rolleyes::cool:

ducatiman
12-02-2018, 19:12
Sorry Guy, your down on the power for the R8, if you have the Gen 2, V10 Plus it's 605 BHP.................:);):cool:

The Slug
14-02-2018, 18:58
Andy Did you see it against that Tesla SUV on the Grand Tour this week??????

Just don't pic a fight with it from the lights....lol....

Guy Mayers
17-02-2018, 15:15
Ferrari 430 base announced, price £440k plus donor = £570k.

https://uk.motor1.com/news/233117/new-stratos-pricing/

Guy

ProtoTipo
17-02-2018, 17:52
Ferrari 430 base announced,GuyA stash of near 10 year new old stock 430 parts?The last year of production was 2009.

ProtoTipo
17-02-2018, 17:56
...but then Ferrari had finished with the Dino engine by the time of the original Stratos production run.

History repeated to a very small degree?

Stratie.fr
09-03-2018, 09:51
For those they missed it on Facebook
This is the teaser video of the new Stratos launched by MAT this week at Geneva Motor Show!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p_XOtDl8aRM&feature=youtu.be

Stratie.fr
12-03-2018, 10:23
A Few more photos on MAT stand at Geneva Motor show :)

Stratos Fear
12-03-2018, 11:21
I'm afraid I dont like it - the front end is too heavy looking - it lacks the grace, sharpness and fine lines of the original . I'll stick with my replica - Viva Bertone !

Stratie.fr
12-03-2018, 12:55
It's true the front end is different in length and thickness but the New Stratos is also larger and longer...like or dislike?!?

Lancialulu
12-03-2018, 13:25
Personally the Stoschek Strato's is a 21st Century pastiche with all the lines being blended/blurred rather than sharp - and yes the front is not elegant! No like!

Stratie.fr
12-03-2018, 15:06
Personally the Stoschek Strato's is a 21st Century pastiche with all the lines being blended/blurred rather than sharp - and yes the front is not elegant! No like!

Tim...I'm pretty sure that you much prefer the black original Stratos with silver wheels beside...which is looking very nice as your Shade! ;)

Personally I like the New Stratos but with this Blue scheme and yellow wheels !12690

Strat Fan
12-03-2018, 15:54
Personally I like the New Stratos but with this Blue scheme and yellow wheels !12690

I wouldn't say no to that one, but maybe my avatar gives that away already.

Strat Fan
12-03-2018, 15:57
If you don't like the "New Stratos" how about this one?:rolleyes:

Stratie.fr
12-03-2018, 16:09
If you don't like the "New Stratos" how about this one?:rolleyes:

whaouh!! It looks amazing... The Listerbell of the next decade!?! :rolleyes:

Stratos Fear
12-03-2018, 18:50
Not much ground clearance for the rough stages !! Amazing shape though - is this the next generation Lister Bell ?

Strat Fan
12-03-2018, 19:03
Not much ground clearance for the rough stages !! Amazing shape though - is this the next generation Lister Bell ?

Just something I found on Pinterest, all credit goes to the original artist (Cristian Vitali Design), it's not a commission!.
Looks good in green too!

LPH_UK
12-03-2018, 19:41
Green is where it's at!

Mind you I prefer the design in your avatar Craig.