View Full Version : Hawk (Transformer) HF for sale

ProtoTipo
27-02-2018, 18:59
In the Bonhams Goodwood Members Meeting auction soon:

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24874/lot/10/?category=list&length=10&page=1

The estimate is low, I'd say.

Guy Mayers
27-02-2018, 19:36
Probably Chris. But I would suggest that it's registration isn't correct which may be a problem at some time in the future? may need an IVA test? 1600 Beta Coupe registration but runs a Delta (!) Volumex engine per the listing.
Cheers
Guy

LPH_UK
27-02-2018, 22:52
Just spotted this on the lot list. Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

Lancialulu
28-02-2018, 08:13
This car is part of a larger lot of Brin Edwards Lancias and Lagondas. Looking at the cars generally they have not been well maintained but I guess where useable in a sense while Brin could use them. He was a past chairman, president and vice president of the Lancia Motor Club. He also enjoyed sailing. He passed away recently having been suffering from dementure.

The volumex delta error is not the only listing error by Bonhams. They listed and Ardea as an Aprilia!

ProtoTipo
28-02-2018, 08:49
Well, we'll see what happens when push comes to shove at the auction.

Here's the car when I took a photo in 1999 at AutoItalia, Brooklands:

tomsredstratos
18-03-2018, 15:28
£32000 plus commission = £36800 Total

Wow, that's double what I was thinking.

YouTube link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BD51hEEhE

Stratos is at 34m43s

Like they say at auction 'you only need two people that want it'.

Guy Mayers
18-03-2018, 15:57
Just wow. Speechless.

Lancialulu
18-03-2018, 15:57
FMBs!!! This is a good marker for the replica market. Add £10k for recommissioning and fettling....

Griff
18-03-2018, 17:20
Lot 10 1979 Lancia Stratos Replica by Hawk
Registration no. EAM 193V Chassis no. 0189677
Sold for £ 36,800 inc. premium

* Based on a Lancia Beta 1600 Coupé
* Lancia Delta Volumex 2.0-litre engine
* Present ownership since 2005
* Last used circa five years ago
* Requires re-commissioning

ProtoTipo
18-03-2018, 18:01
Just wow. Speechless.

I said the estimate was low at the beginning of this thread.
This is the going rate. Some would say "at last!".

Guy Mayers
18-03-2018, 18:03
I said the estimate was low at the beginning of this thread.
This is going rate. Some would say "at last!".

But for a car that's not properly registered Chris?

Normb666
18-03-2018, 21:06
Come on, Guy, have you misplaced your rose-tinted specs? ;)

I think us lot in the SEC are too close to the cars, and what it takes to build one etc., to see them as others do. We're still looking at them like we did 10, 15 years ago... we need to step back a bit and see the bigger, up-to-date picture. A "real" Stratos is now a highly-desirable and very expensive car. And a Hawk is seen as being the next best thing by many people out there, so £36K is a bargain in comparison (only 10% of the genuine article!). Also, you only have to look at the prices of other classics, where you need to spend £40K and upwards to get into anything really interesting (sorry to owners of MGBs and the like, but you know what I mean). Any registration issues can be sorted if necessary, given the car's history, so if you think about it, it should have fetched more - probably only held back by the need for recommissioning work... well that's my take on it anyhow.

john
18-03-2018, 22:04
And long may it continue!

ProtoTipo
19-03-2018, 08:32
But for a car that's not properly registered Chris?

I know, it's not ideal.
I think there'll be a good few that missed the amnesty boat, yet are happily carrying on.
It certainly didn't hold this one back?

Guy Mayers
19-03-2018, 09:36
Certainly didn't Chris. Unless the new owner isn't aware of the potential pitfalls.. Perhaps we need to start documenting sale prices within the club (not on public forums)? I can see that there might come a time for us to provide valuations to insurance companies? It would be nice to have some actual sales prices to fall back on should evidence be required?
Guy

ProtoTipo
19-03-2018, 15:43
Certainly didn't Chris. Unless the new owner isn't aware of the potential pitfalls.. Perhaps we need to start documenting sale prices within the club (not on public forums)? I can see that there might come a time for us to provide valuations to insurance companies? It would be nice to have some actual sales prices to fall back on should evidence be required?
Guy

Real selling prices are so difficult to prove.
The auctions are too few and far between, and therefore from different periods of collectors car values.
In any case, the 3 cars that I can think of that have been auctioned (this one, the 'Sony' yellow Hawk and the Pirelli Corse I) are all quite different to each other.

Lancialulu
04-09-2018, 13:56
Resurrecting this thread does anyone know who bought this car?? We want to repatriate some docs that belong with the car?

Tim

Guy Mayers
04-09-2018, 14:32
Perhaps an approach to Bonhams with a request to pass your contact details on to the buyer? You could photograph the documents you want to re-unite with the car for Bonhams so they know it's a genuine request?

Guy

Lancialulu
04-09-2018, 14:34
Our collective intelligence surely can do better, but may fall back to what you suggest. Thanks.

Guy Mayers
24-04-2019, 17:18
Well the car has surfaced again, it’s emigrated to Japan where the buyer is really struggling to register it. Thanks to Tim Heath and Ade Rudler we’re getting some paperwork but I doubt it will be much help. Does anyone remember EAM163V? Does the name Richard Braine mean anything to anyone? He may have been the builder out of Hook?
Guy