PDA

View Full Version : AGM 2018 Stoneleigh

stratwidow
03-03-2018, 18:31
AGM National Kit Car Show

Its that time again folks, another year gone by and the club needs YOUR HELP.

We need your input to what direction the club should take and we need your comments (constructive) NOW.
Basically if you don't tell the committee what you want from the club there will be a strong possibility you wont get ! and that's not good for the club, the more you put in the more you'll get out.

Also if there's anyone who feels they have the drive to offer there services as a committee member, please let me know before 30/04/17.
The same committee has been in force for several years now and some committee members feel that they cant give any more positive input to advance the Club to the next level

A fresh face or two would be good for variety, and help spur the club onto the next level, so please let me know if you want to leave your stamp on the club, even if you cant attend on the day.

Time for the AGM will be Sunday 12.00 mid day, Prompt !

We will again have a BBQ after the AGM, if you want a drink and bring your own cup.

Jayne
SEC Secretary

stratwidow
03-03-2018, 18:39
Posts that are up for re-election this year are:

Chairman
Vice-Chairman
Treasurer
Regalia
Membership
Press
Events
Secretary
Projects

The following people have confirmed they will be stepping down from the Committee in 2018:

I (Jayne) will be stepping down from Secretary
Michel has stepped down from Project.
Ian will be stepping down from Webmaster
Jane will be stepping down from Treasurer.

The Slug
03-03-2018, 18:49
As so of you know may remember, I started this club following the old one (Stratclub.com, Stratossupersite.com) disappearing.

Overnight I bought the forum, the domain, and other software, and then over the next 18 hours built it all.
Now we had everything to start this club as our own, instead of paying others as previously, and having nothing, and I have looked after it since then.

Thankfully some of the old club members found this club, some did not!

The time has come to now pass it on. It's now time for someone else to step up and run it, and make it better.

I will help the new Webmaster as much as I can until they have got to grips with it so as not to leave you all in the lurch, but I will not be looking after the site or backups following the AGM.

The Club has purchased a laptop for the person who takes over and all the software you need will be on it.

I'm happy in the knowledge that the club I'm leaving is in a better place then any previous sites you have had before.

Kind Regards
Ian

john
03-03-2018, 19:14
That's for sure Ian.
Sad news that yourself and Jayne are passing on the battens.
Can I be the first to say a huge thank you to you both?!

The Slug
03-03-2018, 19:59
Thank you John.

westonTB
03-03-2018, 23:36
The club is excellent, a credit to everyone involved, Thank You Ian & Jayne, see you at the AGM.
Tim.

strat24v
04-03-2018, 10:04
Over the years, there's been a few take on the running of the club etc, bit of a thankless task.
Thank-you Ian and Jayne for all you have done.

Bernard
04-03-2018, 18:04
As JH has just said these positions are often a thankless task.... So thanks very much to Ian and Jayne for all your efforts they are greatly appreciated..... I trust that you will not be disappearing from the club
cheers
Phil

shakey5
05-03-2018, 19:28
Thank you Ian and Jayne - you've been wonderful ambassadors for the club. Enjoy your hard earned spare time.

The Slug
07-03-2018, 14:02
As JH has just said these positions are often a thankless task.... So thanks very much to Ian and Jayne for all your efforts they are greatly appreciated..... I trust that you will not be disappearing from the club
cheers
Phil

Depends if you can lend me a car now and then to attend....lol

Bernard
07-03-2018, 14:21
Depends if you can lend me a car now and then to attend....lol

I should think we accept the occasional Porsche owner especially with his past service to the club !

dag
16-03-2018, 13:20
As so of you know may remember, I started this club following the old one (Stratclub.com, Stratossupersite.com) disappearing.

Overnight I bought the forum, the domain, and other software, and then over the next 18 hours built it all.
Now we had everything to start this club as our own, instead of paying others as previously, and having nothing, and I have looked after it since then.

The time has come to now pass it on. It's now time for someone else to step up and run it, and make it better.

I will help the new Webmaster as much as I can until they have got to grips with it so as not to leave you all in the lurch, but I will not be looking after the site or backups following the AGM.

The Club has purchased a laptop for the person who takes over and all the software you need will be on it.

I'm happy in the knowledge that the club I'm leaving is in a better place then any previous sites you have had before.

Kind Regards
Ian
Thanks to Jayne and Ian for the tremendous effort and time they have spent on behalf of us all. I can't organize my own dinner money let alone all the stuff and gubbins they have dealt with so brilliantly.Well done and good luck in the future, ps. if ever near Wrexham call in for a cuppa. All the best Dag.

mel lewis
30-03-2018, 12:41

Kind Regards
Ian

URGENT

We have all by now had the chance to read and discuss Ian's comments, yet no one appears to have grasped the severity of his resignation as Webmaster.

As many have posted their appreciation of the tremendous amount of time and effort Ian has put into the rebirth of this very popular club / website, without him none of this would have happened. and it will END / FINISH if no one comes forward to manage the website (simple as).

Ian has done a fantastic job of pulling this club together after the "Strat Club" Died. Its taken a lot of hard graft to get this Club up and running, and the majority of the work has been done by Ian, closely followed by Carol. I cannot find a level high enough to thank Ian enough for what he has done selflessly for this club. But all I can do is say THANK YOU IAN. I do hope all the rest of you will also show your appreciation, because without this club you will have no one to ask when your build hits a snag or what part fits what and where to get one etc etc etc.

It seem such a waste after all the tremendous effort Ian has put into this site, HIS site, ( some of the members of the previous "Strat Club" site falsely think this club is owned by Gerry (Hawk cars) IT IS NOT. so those members who think that, I suggest you keep it out untill you KNOW what your on about).Sorry about that but I cant stand idle Whingers. You know the type, Tell you how it should be done but run a mile when asked for help.

We don't need a computer genius,( Ian's done all that), the Website is PERFECT AS IT IS. It wont need any alterations just regular updated and dealing with the less capable members who cant find their way on the site, or have pressed the wrong buttons. Anything more than that Ian has said he would help with untill the new Webmaster gets to grips with the site.

If you think that you could do this, PLEASE let us know, even if you just want to know what the job involves, YOU will not be press ganged into the job just for asking. PM Ian or myself with a contact no and we'll have a chat.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Mel
SEC Chairman

colleyv12
30-03-2018, 12:53
I have only just joined the club, having been luck enough (I think) to acquire a Stratos Rep.

Ian has been great for the short time I have been here, and would be happy to discuss whats entailed with the running of the site, I work in IT, and have done web design and hosting before, just need to look at how much time needs to be set aside to keep it going

I will be at Stoneleigh this year

Will PM my mobile across to you if you want to chat this weekend

Regards Steve

StruanR
30-03-2018, 19:19
I'll add my thanks to Ian, and agree with all Mel has said.
The old supersite was lost and the club nearly disappeared then.
Ian has done a fantastic job to get us where we are today.
Struan

mel lewis
06-04-2018, 22:36
Hi folks

We have a bit of a lifeline with interest from some members willing to help with the webmasters duties, and Thank you to the members that have spoken up in this time of need, But we also need a club Secretary, So please come forward if you can help. Its not a demanding job but very much needed.

Cheers Mel.

mel lewis
06-04-2018, 22:43
Would all members attending please make a note of what you would like the club to do (activity wise) eg Track days, shows, Drive outs (also where), garage days etc etc you name it and well see if we can do something. Jot it down and hand it in at the AGM to get the wheels rolling.
Cheers Mel

Lancialulu
08-04-2018, 19:59
I am sorry I cannot be at this years AGM.

I am still willing to be press officer unless anyone else wants a go!

This year has been quite light only fielding a couple of enquiries and trying to get AutoItalia to do a piece (failed so far).

I would be happy to hear of any press initiatives you think the club should be trying to do?

Tim Heath

carol
11-04-2018, 18:04
TO ALL MEMBERS ATTENDING THE AGM:

Anyone who might any club banners, flags, are you able to bring along, Alan requires some for the Le Mans Classic club event, we require for The Trasmeria Festival Rallye.

Due to Mel & Ourselves requiring to be at Portsmouth docks for 8.30pm Sunday night sailing to Spain, we will have limited space, & catering material equipment. There will be refreshment there for both days, please just leave things tidy once we have gone, anyone there on the Mnday i would appreciate it if they are able to assist on the stand

Please may we have a list of who will be attending the AGM to enable me to get enough food for the BBQ on the Saturday, please bring along your drinking mugs & iron wear.

REGALIA:
Anyone wishes to purchase any Teeshirts.Jackets, Polo shirts, etc please let me know along with the size, limited stock

Thank you all in advance for my requests above.

I agree with all Mel's and other people comments Ian has always been on hand to the club 24 7, anyone who is a member are always welcome to any of the club events wither they have a Strat or not, we are an enthusiast club not an owners club, in case people have forgotten.

Regards carol

Stratos Fear
12-04-2018, 10:10
Hi Carol - I'll be there on the Sunday

Peter

ProtoTipo
12-04-2018, 10:49
TO ALL MEMBERS ATTENDING THE AGM:Please may we have a list of who will be attending the AGM to enable me to get enough food for the BBQ on the Saturday, please bring along your drinking mugs & iron wear.
Regards carol

I will be there on Sunday Carol.

David J
12-04-2018, 11:24
Carol
Please count me in for Sunday.

David

strat24v
12-04-2018, 12:00
Il be along, pam as well.

ah_sprite
12-04-2018, 12:15
Yes, I'll be there on the Sunday too.

Ken Tomblin
12-04-2018, 13:55
Hi Carol

Ollie and I will be attending on Sunday
Regards Ken

colleyv12
12-04-2018, 14:33
Ill be there all weekend, with Yvonne

Stratosit
12-04-2018, 19:39
Hi Carol,
I will be attending on Sunday. See all then.
Regards
Paul

Normb666
12-04-2018, 19:43
Yeah, me too, probably 2 of us - ta!

Stratie.fr
13-04-2018, 09:35
Unfortunately John and me couldn’t be there this year due to other commitments

I booked two single rooms at the Woodside hotel near the show for Sunday night and they are not refundable! If any fellow would like to get them at a reduced price...let me know and PM me!

Frederic

STR_Strat
13-04-2018, 18:38
I should be there both days

Dave

mariner
15-04-2018, 17:37
Hi Carol

I'll be there on the Sunday

Rgds Bob

Redline
18-04-2018, 21:33
Carol,

I'll drive up from the Brooklands thing on Saturday and will be there for Sunday and the AGM.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone,

Mark

renmure
18-04-2018, 23:03
I don't feel like a proper member yet since, apart from an engine, I don't really have any car bits (although for all I know that might change before the show)

But, I will be at the show on the Sunday as my wife wants to see her first Stratos and know what it is I've gotten into so I'll stick my head in and say Hi

Stratie.fr
19-04-2018, 14:59
One room is still free in a good hotel beside the show for Sunday night ...if anyone interested PM me!

Guy Mayers
19-04-2018, 19:22
Great hotel, staying there with Gerry & Co as usual. Be a shame to not use it... Breakfast is the best on the planet IMHO.

Guy

carol
24-04-2018, 23:26
Jim, we are a friendly bunch, bbq will be held after the agm at 12 noon, grub for around 12.30ish, for all including wives etc.

john
24-04-2018, 23:40
Yes, I do have to send my apologies I'm afraid.
As Frederic says I will be elsewhere.
Venice and Garda in fact. It's a ruby wedding and sixtieth birthday do so I can't miss that.
Not even for you lot!
Have a great weekend all.

Steve C
25-04-2018, 09:01
Apologies as I will be at the Rally and Supercar show in Oswestry with the car that day, have a nice sunny day!

Gordon Caro
26-04-2018, 13:00
I will be there with my LB Stradale both days.

Gordon

hollytree
28-04-2018, 09:47
I should be there all day Sunday with blue Corse.
Broke my leg in 9 places in July and just getting mobile, so should be a nice drive from St Albans.!!
Steve

strat24v
28-04-2018, 10:17
You missed a trick there, with that many breaks, you could have had it set with a built in stratos offset bias...

john
29-04-2018, 08:33
Blimey Steve! That was some serious break wasn't it? Has it been a slog to get it healed and then mobile again?

ProtoTipo
07-05-2018, 10:45
Thank you to the people who did the hard work yesterday:
Jane, Jayne, Ian, Carol, and anyone I've forgotten.

2 Photos from late afternoon with Skelly's ST220 powered Hawk, back on the road.

Stratos Fear
07-05-2018, 11:07
Yes - my thanks too to the ladies and gents who prepared the stand and the food for the SEC AGM. It seemed pretty well attended and great to see the range of cars on the stand - one day mine will be there too - but goodness knows when ! (its beyond my control)

LM mic
07-05-2018, 22:47
Attention to all SEC ( President , secretaries and comitees)

Michel's wife writting: I was very surprised to receive some very nice flowers from England ( and a little note for wishing me a quick recovery. Thank you so much to all of you, I felt very sensible to this kindness from you. With Michel , who has been helping me a lot since the begining, my children and grand-children are very close to me and I feel secure with the hospital treatment, and I am sure I will recover . Thanks again to all of you.
Nicole

ChrisCar6
28-05-2018, 22:16
Who got the Chequered career trophy this year?

ProtoTipo
29-05-2018, 08:50
Who got the Chequered career trophy this year?

Mel got it Chris.
I don't think he wanted it.

ChrisCar6
29-05-2018, 22:37
Mel got it Chris.
I don't think he wanted it.

For the spin on the Continent?

ProtoTipo
30-05-2018, 08:20
For the spin on the Continent?

Yep. Mel described it.

The Slug