PDA

View Full Version : AutoItalia Italian Car Day Brooklands Track demonstration May 5 2018

Lancialulu
13-03-2018, 13:49
All

I have had a message from Phil ward of AutoItalia asking if our club could muster some cars for the Brooklands event.

I realise it clashes with the club AGM weekend but it is on the Saturday....

This is the message below from Phil Ward:
You might like to consider running a group of your cars in the track demo during the Italian Car Day at Brooklands on May 5th.

We usually have John Rutter and Vince Abbott along, and sometimes actual GR4 cars.

Regards,

Phil

Tim

Ken Tomblin
29-03-2018, 12:36
Who's going to this event (static display or track demo)

Ken Tomblin * Tom Ransome * Paul Hassall * Mark(redline) *

tomsredstratos
29-03-2018, 15:55
Im coming :D

Redline
18-04-2018, 21:43
I'll be there with the Zenith STR and then head off for the Stoneleigh Show on Sat evening,

I'm running on M+S tyres and set-up at the moment (to be different) but if the track demo is not competitive, I may have a go

Mark

Redline
25-04-2018, 08:41
Ken,

Do I need to get a ticket for this or are with invited with free entry? I've never been before so am unaware of arrangements for meeting up, parking, track demo etc.

PM sent

Mark

Lancialulu
25-04-2018, 09:44
All/Ken (as I dont have Ken's email address...)
I asked Phil ward on your behalf of any special arrangements and got this reply

Tim,

He just needs to park with the Lancias as directed.

Phil

I still think you need a ticket which can be purchased I seem to remember on the gate or in advance

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/auto-italia-italian-car-day

Read the Brooklands website for more info.

I have done the hill but you have to register (how??) and dont forget to turn right at the end as there is a big oak tree.....

If Ken has more info then wait for that.

Ken Tomblin
30-04-2018, 14:53
I have just spoken to Phil Ward and confirmed that we will park our Strats on the Lancia stand , Re entrance tickets it is best to buy online from the Brooklands site as this gives a fastrack entrance

Regards Ken

Lancialulu
04-05-2018, 20:30
Get early or you will be in overflow carpark which will be a shame! I am now going but not in Shades but another Lancia. Will be there at 8am when it opens but will not stay for the track.