PDA

View Full Version : All Italian Car Meet

mel lewis
14-03-2018, 14:37
Just been sent this. Hope someone will be interested.

Dear Sirs, Madams, and Italian car friends,

As many of you may know we run a very informal Italian Car Breakfast Meet four times a year. (Apologies to those of you who are on this email list who have already spoken to, or mailed me about this year, and hello again to those of you I met last year.)

It is a completely free-to-attend and friendly meet, held on the first Saturdays of April, June, August, and October. On that basis, our first meet for this year will be held on Saturday 7th April.

In common with last year, the event will be held at The Departure Lounge Café, in Alton, Hampshire, starting at 10am. The Café has a good (free draining) field which the proprietor allows us to use to display our cars separately from the ‘regular’ car park. The address is as below:

The Departure Lounge
Basingstoke Road
Alton
Hampshire
GU34 4BH

The event is open to any Italian made car of any age, and at our last event in October we had just under 100 cars from classics, modern road cars, and super cars representing almost every major Italian marque and including some very special cars too. There is no need to book, and attendees can simply come along if they feel like it to show their car, chat to other enthusiasts and have some breakfast if they would like to.

This is organised loosely by a few Italian car fanatics for nothing but the pleasure of seeing beautiful and interesting cars, not by any club, so we would be very grateful if you could add our event to any websites,forums, newsletters etc that you send out. Please feel free to pass this on to any other people who you think may find it of interest, and we would love to see you at one of our meets.

I have attached our flier in case you would like to use it.

Kind regards,
Ross

Cheers Mel

Redline
14-03-2018, 19:39
Hey, us Southerners could have our own 'Garage Day' in the field in Hampshire, if there is anyone else out there that might go along.... but I might keep Phil's Garage day in reserve if not....

Mark

Stratos Fear
15-03-2018, 08:58
Yes I could come along - anyone else?

Redline
31-03-2018, 20:03
Peter and I will attend in my Zenith STR, if there are any other club members who fancy turning up, let us know and we'll try and get together.

Mel, see pm, I'm after the flier...

Mark

mel lewis
31-03-2018, 20:43
All ive got is this Mark, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGN3Pk8e1TA&in... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGN3Pk8e1TA&index=24&list=PLO0uU7Fv3P0snHkym6pzCwKrH39bZDC3k) looks to be good fun..

gtmpaul
02-04-2018, 22:49
Hi Mark,
I'm hoping to go to this one, just trying to move a couple of other commitments and weather permitting of course, what sort of time are you planning to get there?

Paul

Peter and I will attend in my Zenith STR, if there are any other club members who fancy turning up, let us know and we'll try and get together.

Mel, see pm, I'm after the flier...

Mark

GrahamH
02-04-2018, 23:00
I will be attending. Will be good to meet you all. Fingers crossed for better weather!

Redline
03-04-2018, 11:54
Paul,

Looks like it's a morning meet, starts at 1000, I'll try and get there with Peter (StratosFear) for 1000.

Mark

Birdman
03-04-2018, 16:34
I'm hoping to be there around 11:00 hrs. Weather forecast isn't looking good at the moment, but there again what do those meteorologists know.....:)

gtmpaul
06-04-2018, 20:29
Gents,
Looks like I'm now not going to make it which has me very ***** :mad:, my attempt at moving my other commitments has failed, apparently collecting eldest daughter is more important.

Now that we have a Southern area group I think It would be good to look for a "Local" and maybe have a meet every month or so.

Paul

Hi Mark,
I'm hoping to go to this one, just trying to move a couple of other commitments and weather permitting of course, what sort of time are you planning to get there?

Paul

Stratos Fear
07-04-2018, 19:35
Sorry you couldnt make it Paul but we had a good meeting with a variety of interesting Italian cars - although we were a bit light on the Lambos. On the plus side there were countless Alfas and I even saw a little Fiat Topolino painted in noddy car colours, but the driver disappointingly wasnt wearing a red pointed hat with a bell on the end! There was just one Fiat X19 which managed to leave with door handles and roof clips intact.

So we managed to round up 3 worthies in addition to Mark and myself - so thanks to :
Gary (Birdman) Bird and his good lady wife Deborah . (Gary is on track for one of the fastest LB Builds yet),
Graham Halstead (GrahamH ) - who as an engineer at McLaren Cars is very interesting on all manor of Formula 1 stuff as well as re-building a Hawk and
Steve Pratt who as an engineer and rally enthusiast is building a motorsport LB .

It was a useful session and we were so busy talking to each other that we didnt get much of a chance to walk around and look at the other hardware. We will definitely arrange further sessions and Paul's suggestion of a regular meet would be a good idea. Any other thoughts on this?

So thanks to everyone who came - and until next time !

Peter

GrahamH
07-04-2018, 22:49
Great to meet you all and hear about the interesting and varying projects your all doing.
good to finally put some faces to the names.
great also to hear some of the cars today.
thanks to Mark for bringing his LB along which drew a lot of attention. Always great to see a project Finally on the road.

ProtoTipo
08-04-2018, 08:56
We will definitely arrange further sessions and Paul's suggestion of a regular meet would be a good idea. Any other thoughts on this?

The 'Saturday Club' reborn?

Birdman
08-04-2018, 16:43
It was great to meet all you Guys.

Nothing like a good old chin wag to get those creative juices going and can only serve to bolster enthusiasm for our own build projects.

Very impressed with your Stratos Mark :cool: and thank you for your patience with my numerous technical questions relating to your build.

Deborah wishes to apologise for not contributing to the discussions regarding the Stratos. She said she didn't want to embarrass you all with her extensive knowledge on the subject ;-)

Yes, pencil me in for future meetings with the southern contingent.

Gary