PDA

View Full Version : Rallying and the Rear Clam

Karnevil
27-03-2018, 18:27
So in it's 'works and works supported' championship points scoring time how often did the Stratos compete in this state?
What did other teams/scrutineers have to say about it?
In 1987 Austin McHale drove an Opel Monza but removed the rear glass tailgate during the course of the event and it was said that the scrutineers noted the 'weight loss with interest'

https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=729&gal=gallery&type=full

john
27-03-2018, 19:37
I don't think it was ever intentionally run like that!

LPH_UK
27-03-2018, 20:26
That's the result of an accident. Not intentional!

Normb666
27-03-2018, 21:11
Waldegard on the '75 RAC - the officials excluded it from the results after the accident as it wasn't then road legal. But he continued anyway...top man! Remember it coming through as I was marshalling in Wythop near Bassenthwaite Lake....'kin fantastic to see and hear! Them were t'days, etc.

Karnevil
27-03-2018, 21:33
Waldegard on the '75 RAC - the officials excluded it from the results after the accident as it wasn't then road legal. But he continued anyway...top man! Remember it coming through as I was marshalling in Wythop near Bassenthwaite Lake....'kin fantastic to see and hear! Them were t'days, etc.

That's the result of an accident. Not intentional!

Yes I'm well aware its an accident and not intentional or a design feature,im just wondering how often it happened and if as in the case of Austin McHale whom,as I said, removed his glass tailgate due to damage,was there reprecussions from other teams or officials.