Ken Tomblin * Tom Ransome * Paul Hassall * Geraint Davies *

The early bird ticket offer closes on Wed 04/04/18 £15.00 per ticket

Regards Ken

tomsredstratos
29-03-2018, 15:57
Me my car and Max, please. :D

Revs
19-04-2018, 15:08
Is there still space? Time to get the car back on the road :)

Ken Tomblin
14-08-2018, 15:11
Rally day is fast approaching, are there any more club members that would like to display their cars on the club stand!!
It would be good to have a bit more club support for this event than we had for Silverstone!!

Revs
Did you manage to get your car back on the road???

Bernard
14-08-2018, 15:52
Hi Ken

Sorry can't make it as we are off to Italy on the 20th

Hope you get well supported

Cheers

Phil

Revs
14-08-2018, 17:26
Hi Ken,

Sadly my car is still in the garage with yet more repairs, looks like one of the head gaskets went on the test drive after the last repairs. It's an expensive summer.

If they can get the heads skimmed and back on in time, I will be there but sadly no timescales yet.

If anyone saw the Facebook comment from the Elvetham Heath organisers saying they had one Stratos coming and wanted more, I guess I should warn them their one now looks unlikely :(

Ken Tomblin
19-09-2018, 11:52
Club tickets and car display passes are on the way for Saturdays gathering !!!

tomsredstratos
19-09-2018, 11:54
Arrived,thanks Ken

carol
19-09-2018, 23:01
Regarding regalia, if anyone wants anything who is going to Rally day, please let me know, and I shall bring it down with me.
thank you
regards carol

tomsredstratos
23-09-2018, 18:46
Just returned home from a wet Castle Combe. :(

Met up with Ken,Paul and Geraint and had a wander round in the rain. Public attendance was well down on years previous because of the forecast rain but there was still plenty to see.

We walked from almost Tower corner to Quarry But didn't see Mel and John...where were you guys parked? By then around 2.45pm we were wet and cold so the decision was taken to 'go to the pub'.
So after a good 10 minutes of bailing the water out of my car and demisting the screen we were off.
My demister has never been great and is next on the list for an upgrade. The pipe may even be off....

I am going to make a cover for the engine when at shows and rain is about. Maybe some sort of vinyl material? Just to lay over the top as when the rear of the parked car is slightly higher the water pours straight in the louvres. When the front is higher it runs straight off to the rear bonnet.
Also, the car cover/top caps, mentioned on the club funds thread would be a welcome addition when parked overnight and rain is about. I must have the prize for the worst leaking Stratos in the club;)

Thanks to Ken and family for the very enjoyable overnight stop.
Geraint, Sorry we didn't find you to say goodbye.

A few pics

ducatiman
23-09-2018, 19:59
Well done to the four of you.......................I have to put my hand up in the air and say that I was one of the people who didn't travel down there as the weather forecast at one stage was shocking.

Tom.............. no heated front screen ?

ProtoTipo
23-09-2018, 20:25
I am going to make a cover for the engine when at shows and rain is about. Maybe some sort of vinyl material? Just to lay over the top as when the rear of the parked car is slightly higher the water pours straight in the louvres. When the front is higher it runs straight off to the rear bonnet.
Also, the car cover/top caps, mentioned on the club funds thread would be a welcome addition when parked overnight and rain is about. I must have the prize for the worst leaking Stratos in the club;).

I think I'll ask 'soft bits' for prices?
It would be good if we could get a Stratos to them?

tomsredstratos
23-09-2018, 20:27
Nope........No heated front screen :(

I am very jealous of those that have :mad:

Media
23-09-2018, 21:18
Heated windscreen in my car did come in handy especially with the wet weather we have in Wales. We thoroughly enjoyed the event this year again, and thank you Ken for organising the tickets, hope to see more there next year. We also missed out on seeing Mel and John, were you there?

The Slug
27-09-2018, 20:19
I can tell you John had an issue with the car that hopefully will be fixed very soon, no doubt you might hear about it when running, well lets hope so!