PDA

View Full Version : Give these a try Classicline Insurance

The Slug
16-05-2018, 15:06
Folks,

I have been speaking with these guys over the past few months Classicline Insurance and have received very good service from them and good quotes.
They have told be that not only will they insure the Porsche with an agreed value, at a much better cost than any others listed on this site, but happy to look at insuring the Stratos.
THey have said they will give a quote on build insurance as well.

So when you have tried the others it may be worth giving them a call...

Please post the results so we can see if they are indeed good value.

My Porsche was almost half the cost with agreed value from my existing insurer.

01455 639 000 Russell very helpful.

STR_Strat
16-05-2018, 21:11
Hi Ian,

What company is it?

Dave

ChrisCar6
16-05-2018, 22:19
Classicline Insurance according to Google

Normb666
16-05-2018, 22:22
My ninja powers and years of experience harnessing The Force lead me to conclude that Classic Line Insurance it is, young Jedi :-P

...or maybe it was because the thread title said "Classic Line"... hahaha"

STR_Strat
16-05-2018, 22:33
My ninja powers and years of experience harnessing The Force lead me to conclude that Classic Line Insurance it is, young Jedi :-P

...or maybe it was because the thread title said "Classic Line"... hahaha"

In my defence if you click on "New Post" it takes you directly to the thread bypassing the thread title:D

john
16-05-2018, 22:53
I was guilty of that too Dave.

tomsredstratos
16-05-2018, 23:39
I have used Classicline for the past 20 years. TVR's, Porsches etc.
Always been very happy with their product and service....and price.:)

STR_Strat
17-05-2018, 07:25
I was guilty of that too Dave.

Thanks John, I was beginning to think it was me:)

I have always used AF in the past, but when I came to renew my build up cover they did me a favour and refused, saying they couldn't do two years in a row. This made me shop around and I ended up with Classic Line who were more than happy to cover the car during the build and also transporting it to shows, rolling road etc and with a significant saving over AF. Will have to wait and see when it comes to full on the road cover, but I suspect it will be competitive.
Good experience so far:)

Normb666
17-05-2018, 07:56
Dave, John, don't try and cover up your lazy forum searching with a half-hearted apology....be Real Men and scan all the topics, or you'll never pull the wimmin :-P

ChrisCar6
17-05-2018, 22:54
Dave, John, don't try and cover up your lazy forum searching with a half-hearted apology....be Real Men and scan all the topics, or you'll never pull the wimmin :-P

I admit I do try and memorise all the posts on here, but I missed the thread title too.

The Slug
18-05-2018, 12:22
Boy's...Boy's... lets not fall out over a thread title ... lets try and get the best deal for all of us when it comes to insurance ect......

I've changed the title now so it more obvious for all hopefully....

Thanks

Normb666
18-05-2018, 21:50
Ian, don't worry, I'm not falling out with the guys here - as you know, I fall out with EVERYONE....absolutely no favouritism here, y'know! :) :)

LPH_UK
19-06-2018, 11:53
I've finally got round to taking out build insurance - after 2 years!

These were the best quote by far and offered a higher level of cover too. Very simple set of questions, insured to a requested value on the chassis number.

Very helpful and easy to deal with.

The Slug
22-06-2018, 11:34
Glad the thread proved useful

Neil63
29-08-2018, 12:30
Just took out laid up build policy with them. Exactly same as Leigh’s experience. Includes cover whilst trailering and value can be increased as build progresses. Whole process less than 15 mins on phone.

The Slug
01-09-2018, 23:46
Maybe the Treasureror or a committee member could talk to them ref a deal with the club like l set up with Adrian Flux about a commission for the club if people use them?
When I spoke to them they appeared happy to consider the idea and I know we have 4 people using them now.

Stratos Fear
03-09-2018, 16:55
I'd be interested in cover - particularly for transporting my chassis (trailering) to and fro.

Redline
03-09-2018, 19:55
I'll see what I can do,

Mark
Treasurer

Longtimefan
07-11-2018, 13:22
Following the experiences referred to in this string, decided to give them a try. Suffice to say that my experience was similarly pleasant to the others with simple questions, a quick and very, very satisfying conclusion.