PDA

View Full Version : Green Strat

ah_sprite
24-05-2018, 22:31
Nice little video which appeared today, HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN7TIJP-dIQ)

maxlouis
25-05-2018, 01:59
Great video :) Where in France - I want to go there...!

Nice little video which appeared today, HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN7TIJP-dIQ)

Normb666
25-05-2018, 08:08
No point...he'll have gone home by now :)

Strat Fan
25-05-2018, 08:55
Nice Video, nice location. sounds good.

Title could be slightly misleading and may lead to more resentment from the owners of original car as was witnessed in the aftermath of Trasmiera.

Its the Cyclone V8 powered Hawk that has been around for quite a while now. See HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHa-lJ7aKUI) for an early (much lower quality!) video from 2007.
I first saw it at the Autosport show back around that time, I believe it has full carbon or Kevlar body work as well.

Stratie.fr
25-05-2018, 10:09
Looks like this video is filmed in Auvergne Mountains...If my informations are correct, this car could be seen soon in Tour de corse or other historic events with a french registration :confused:...To be continued!!

Bernard
25-05-2018, 10:56

Title could be slightly misleading and may lead to more resentment from the owners of original car as was witnessed in the aftermath of Trasmiera.

Its the Cyclone V8 powered Hawk that has been around for quite a while now. See HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHa-lJ7aKUI) for an early (much lower quality!) video from 2007.
I first saw it at the Autosport show back around that time, I believe it has full carbon or Kevlar body work as well.

Completely agree with Craig.... Why do some people have to call it a Lancia Stratos when it is not ?....whatever type of replica you have be proud and name it as such !

Stratie.fr
25-05-2018, 11:26
Completely agree with Craig.... Why do some people have to call it a Lancia Stratos when it is not ?....whatever type of replica you have be proud and name it as such !

Fully agreed...it’s a shame! And this fact is often done by dishonorable people to mistake others and make maximum profit in a sale as recently seen in several transactions ...particularly this side of the channel!! :(

strat24v
25-05-2018, 11:33
I think going forward, the right thing to do is remove any external Stratos badging and state on any entries, promotional stuff or media that it is a Hawk, Lister bell, Corse or any other earlier flavour.
Over the last few years, there has been a softening of attitudes to the replica owners by original owners so no sense in spoiling it.

Normb666
25-05-2018, 14:13
Woulda thought you're OK with "Stratos" and "Bertone" badges, as that's the exact (??) shape of it, and which was, indeed, penned by the aforementioned Bert. As for Lancia badges, hmmm...well, there are enough lookalikes out there badged as such, and as long as you're honest if/when asked, I don't see the harm in that (some "reps" are better-built than the real thing, so you could argue they're actually doing Lancia a favour...). But to enter such a car into an event as a Lancia Stratos is very naughty, cos it most certainly isn't. If you're not actually going to call it what it really is (Lister Bell STR, Hawk HFwhatever, etc.) then you should say "Lancia Stratos replica", or "homage", or similar - suppose you could say that most people won't know what a LB or Hawk is, but they'll know about the Stratos, so you're giving them an idea of what they're coming to look at.

Agree totally with Craig re. this video. Nice car, great video, very naughty boy.

Bernard
25-05-2018, 18:19
Nice car, great video, very naughty boy.

Thats it in a nutshell

john
25-05-2018, 23:05
I could never be comfortable with trying to pass a replica off as an original and have always been very quick to fess up when asked if I've been out and about in Frederics cars.
But I'm also well aware how much interest the cars generate at events and with the scarcity if participating original cars I can understand organizers latching on to
The appeal of having a "Stratos" on their entry list.
I was impressed with the Costa Brava event Frederic did in his Hawk where there was a defined category for replicas and specials.

gtmpaul
26-05-2018, 21:34

As Craig says it's the Cyclone V8 car it's currently undergoing a gearbox conversion to run a Hewland set up.

Normb666
27-05-2018, 22:31
Another thing about passing off replicas as real ones - it must really p*ss off Craig and Gerry not to get recognition after all the hard work and years of refinement they put into their product, especially these days when "replicas" are looked upon favourably in their own right (look at the continuations etc. from Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin). There's no need to be ashamed at having one of the finest cars of its type you can buy!

Craig, rest assured that when mine's finished and on the road, and likely looking like a total shed due to ham-fistedness and general lack of ability etc, I'll be sure to let everyone know it's a Lister Bell...unless you'd like to come to a little arrangement... ;)

Stratos Fear
28-05-2018, 00:27
- even if it's banana yellow with pink springs !

Normb666
28-05-2018, 17:17
I'm hoping ESPECIALLY because of that :)

sdebez
25-02-2022, 14:29
Anybody know what happened to this film, wanted to watch it again.

Longtimefan
03-03-2022, 16:44
Anybody know what happened to this film, wanted to watch it again.

Don't know what happend to the Video, but I think this is the car it featured. (Failed with 2 of the photos sorry)!!!!!

It was a couple of years ago when I took these at a Hill Climb that I was officiating at, and the owner did say he wanted to sell at that time, and is fully road legal (so I was told at the time).

ducatiman
03-03-2022, 18:09
Interesting layout on the cooling system as it looks like there is a header tank at the front and back.............

sdebez
04-03-2022, 11:19
Great pictures. Thanks for posting.
Certainly an interesting car