PDA

View Full Version : Best events to see lots of Stratos cars

GerryA
20-06-2018, 17:33
As a newbie to SEC what are the best events to attend (shows, comps, motorsport etc) to be able to view a large number of Stratos?
Just looking to increase my knowledge / get ideas etc in advance of my STR build next year.

renmure
20-06-2018, 17:59
I was in a similar position and found that the Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh was a godsend. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Stratos outside the show.

Between the display cars on the LB and Hawk stands at the show along with at least a dozen owners cars in the Club area I was able to see a great cross section of cars. That was great for doing my own tick-box exercise about things I saw and preferred on some cars to others and ment I came away with a fairly good mental picture of how I wanted my car to look in terms of exhaust, engine, arches, lights, interior, dash, colour, graphics and other options.

My build should be starting this month and not much has changed in my head from how I envisaged it all when I paid the deposit.

Stradale493
20-06-2018, 18:47
Silverstone Classic might be a good opportunity

Guy Mayers
20-06-2018, 19:23
Rally Legends in October. San Marino Italy. You should see a few originals plus a load of rally cars being driven in anger that you never see in the UK. If you get the chance then go. Not sure when the next outing would be, it's a while until Stoneleigh next year so your best bet is to keep an eye on the forum for anyone organising a garage day or trip out.
Guy

GerryA
20-06-2018, 23:54
Thx for the suggestions guys
Silverstone is on my doorstep but I will be on holiday and San Remo is unlikely :-(
Does the rally event at Castle Combe in Sept get many Stratos?

ProtoTipo
21-06-2018, 09:00
Thx for the suggestions guys
Silverstone is on my doorstep but I will be on holiday and San Remo is unlikely :-(
Does the rally event at Castle Combe in Sept get many Stratos?

Only 2 Hawks and an Allora at Silverstone in any case. I hope that improves.
Rally Day at Castle Combe is probably the best chance for the this year.
The Lombard Bath event features some replica Stratos. 20th to 22nd October.
The 2018 (May Bank Holiday) Kit Car Show is by far the best bet.

hollytree
21-06-2018, 15:19
Now my leg is better and the rear bearings/cvs/diff has been done!, there will be a Corse I at Silverstone.
Also Classics on the Common at Harpenden
Also Knebworth show.

Steve

GerryA
22-06-2018, 00:01
I learned a lot at Stoneleigh this year.
Hopefully be able to get to Castle Combe and perhaps even Bath

The Slug
22-06-2018, 12:05
Pop up to Curborough 15th August I think we have 4 cars going round the sprint track, you never know I may be able to get a lift in one!

We don't seem to get the support like years ago. the Abingdon CAR-nival used to be popular, but I don't thing a stratos has gone for a few years to that now.

mel lewis
22-06-2018, 12:25
There are 4 Stratos entered at Castle Combe Rallyday this year. Not sure if I should call them "Stratos" as it might offend some !
but if you dont, joe public wont know whats turning up ???

Sando
22-06-2018, 19:20
So long as they’re not entered as Lancia though eh? :p
Like the ones in the Trasmieria Festival?......:rolleyes:

mel lewis
22-06-2018, 20:30
You want to get your facts right before you speak ...3 Hawks of various ages .1 original Stratos 1974 and 1 Stratos 1974 which when first quizzed was genuine but later admitted it had lister bell parts on it. Then when Dave Evans name came up he admitted what it was.

Sando
22-06-2018, 21:07
Hopefully I’m not going to offend anyone ......but I did check the entry list this year first.
This is how the rest of the club saw us represented.

mel lewis
22-06-2018, 21:26
Nice to have a follower (or stalker). But you didn't get the programme did you. I'll post that later it will also show the others (the ones you have omitted to show (conveniently).

Sando
22-06-2018, 21:55
Blimey you cut and paste a bit of an entry list...... I said hopefully this doesn’t offend anyone!
;)

carol
23-06-2018, 18:15
No idea what on earth is being said about John, firstly i have always made out and place any entry forms to any events we have ever attended not john, i just ask him for any information that is needed that i am not sure of in filling out these forms as they vary at times i.e make model etc, as (LANCIA STRATOS HAWK REPLICA. ENGINE SIZE ETC.) i have never said or stated at any time on any application anything different than it is a Lancia Stratos Hawk Replica.
I contacted Tim Nash to see where we stood, in this matter, see below my email and Tim's reply.
I cannot see why i need to apologize to all the SEC members for errors that are made by the publishing organizers of the events about Johns car, with being a club committee member makes things even worst on this matter. If any member wishes me to resign, please feel free to pm me.

(Carol

I will have a look over the weekend, but as far as I remember your car is listed as a replica. You didn't enter as the "real" thing, I do remember that.

Whatever it is listed as, how would you like the car listed when the programme is printed?

Tim Nash

Normb666
23-06-2018, 22:21
As suspected, a simple admin error. Now let's all chill out, move on, and get back to moaning about summat else that's likely even more important, such as the price of beer, and asking the really hard questions, like "why has a milking stool only got 3 legs?"

The Norm

mel lewis
24-06-2018, 00:51
As suspected, a simple admin error. Now let's all chill out, move on, and get back to moaning about summat else that's likely even more important, such as the price of beer, and asking the really hard questions, like "why has a milking stool only got 3 legs?"

The Norm

Not Quite Norm I think an apology is required.

strat24v
24-06-2018, 11:02
It's down to the entrant to make sure the entry is correct. If you are looking for an apology from me, you'll be waiting a long time.
If we are being picky, is it a transformer or a hawk? Two different companies.

Sando
24-06-2018, 21:31
Well done Carol ! Glad you got to them to change it on the published entry list.

Whilst bringing this to the fore on the forum, it is something I spoke to John about at Stoneleigh face to face, and I hope you understand it was with the best interests of the reputation of the club that it has been brought up for discussion with John, and on here. As until you’ve emailed them this weekend, nothing had been done to ensure it was correct on the published entry list, for what is a very high profile event.
There are other entry’s on there that clearly state their cars are Hawks (in this instance) So something may have been done differently.

We used to be an MSA affiliated club, I dont believe that they would accept anything other than the manufacturers of our cars clearly stated for event entry’s and log books. Maybe it’s these standards we should be aiming for as a club, and ensuring organisers list the cars correctly.
As I posted on the other thread, my opinion is that this is something we need to be sharper on as a club, if we are to be taken seriously on these events.