PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Revival

LPH_UK
10-09-2018, 12:17
Anyone else watch it over the weekend on the Youtube live feed? It must be the best event of the year. The racing is breathtaking.

Estimated £200m grid for the Kinrara Trophy and they certainly don't hold back.

And Troy Corser's ride on the 89 year old (1929)solid framed BMW Supercharged bike was nothing less than poetry in motion! Or totally insane depending on your viewpoint :D

ChrisCar6
10-09-2018, 15:39
Yes, we were there for Friday and watched the Kinara race. The day has to be one of the best days I've had, from the costumes to the cars to the racing, the music, the aeroplanes....really merited the term 'awesome'. It really is a 'must do / bucket list event for a petrolhead (and non-petrolhead sidekicks).
Nothing newer than 1966 allowed on site, - the public car park was an amazing field of machinery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpdJcDs3g0g
https://www.facebook.com/festivalofspeed/videos/1824527797584019/?t=0

doug_porsche
10-09-2018, 20:15
My brother and I were talking today how great the racing was!

our consensus was; Hmmm. Now if we could get F1 to run on 5 inch wide wheels again....

ChrisCar6
10-09-2018, 22:03
Yes, having got used to watching aero downforce cars on telly, it was a pleasant surprise to see them skipping,squirming and twitching so much on the limit

john
10-09-2018, 23:00
Sporting a full set these days I see Chris.
Looks like a great event which I still haven't seen.
Reminds me of my childhood visits to Oulton at an age when Goodwood only meant the chicane on Scalextric.

ProtoTipo
11-09-2018, 08:47
That looks brilliant Chris, but I was sold already.

'Highlights tonight and last night on ITV4

Stratos Fear
11-09-2018, 10:22
I saw the highlights on ITV 4 last night - very enjoyable. Chris as you say a "must-do" for all petrol heads at least once. Although I live only 8 miles from Goodwood I didnt go this year - my favourite event is the Goodwood Festival of Speed - which is very similar in character but without the dressing up (although this seems to be increasing each year) - and it has a greater variety of automotive activity - and covers a wider area. The major difference is of course that it is a hill-climb and not a circuit race.

Anyone fancy a get-together at the Festival of Speed next year - usually in June or early July and just before the British GP ?

ProtoTipo
11-09-2018, 11:30
So 'RoboRace' is to run alongside 'Formula E'.

Has everyone got their tickets booked?

tomsredstratos
11-09-2018, 11:38
Number 16 above....that's our Tojeiro:D

A bit underpowered this year:confused: