PDA

View Full Version : Current pricing for V6 166 engine?

peteracs
31-12-2011, 17:33
Hi All

Just curious what sort of price you would expect a running V6 166 engine with a fair few miles would be at present?

Assume highish miles, no rebuild, but belt changes etc as for normal servicing undertaken?

Thanks

Peter

Guy Mayers
31-12-2011, 19:15
I don't think that there's a going price Peter, whatever you find you have to judge if you're willing to pay what the seller wants for it but don't forget to factor in additional costs if it's not a manual box.
Guy

Jeff
31-12-2011, 19:21
Year before last I paid £600 for a 166 Super with 50k miles on it. I think I was lucky in more than one way - the seller (once I got there) looked entirely "suspect" but checks on engine numbers and VINs were OK.

turbonutter
31-12-2011, 19:29
I don't think that there's a going price Peter, whatever you find you have to judge if you're willing to pay what the seller wants for it but don't forget to factor in additional costs if it's not a manual box.
Guy

If its a 2.5 you want then they go for £200 upwards, you might even get a whole car for that.. The 3.oL & 3.2L are hard to find, so its more a case of finding one than the price...