PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body to airflow meter pipe needed

The Slug
09-10-2018, 17:44
Does anyone have a flexible pipe from the airflow meter to the throttle body that John Griffin can buy beg borrow or steal for a 12valve Alfa engine?

Needs it asap.

Please reply below and John will get in touch or contact him yourself if you know his handle on here...

Thanks everyone...

Guy Mayers
09-10-2018, 21:33
Just had a look through my spares and nothing usable found. I have a vague recollection that someone found an alternative BMW pipe that worked? Can't remember who or where though..

ChrisCar6
09-10-2018, 23:49
You can use a silicone bend if you don't need all the side connections

Griff
10-10-2018, 06:50
Guy thanks for looking, anymore clues re the 'BMW' part (from anybody) would be helpful, this is what I'm looking for, many thanks Griff
Chris, I'm running standard induction, crankcase ventilation, etc, so unfortunately I do need the extraneous connections

colleyv12
10-10-2018, 07:21
Does anyone have a flexible pipe from the airflow meter to the throttle body that John Griffin can buy beg borrow or steal for a 12valve Alfa engine?

Needs it asap.

Please reply below and Joh will get in touch or contact him yourself if you know his handle on here...

Thanks everyone...

Is it different to the 24v?

Strat Fan
10-10-2018, 08:20
Chris, I'm running standard induction, crankcase ventilation, etc, so unfortunately I do need the extraneous connections

Silicone hose with the addition of 2 of https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/bolt-in-heater-take-off? (https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/bolt-in-heater-take-off)

Griff
10-10-2018, 22:11
Craig, many thanks for pitching in, I have now found one in the good old US of A. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the month.
Colleyv12, yes it is different, about 50mm longer than the 24v version (as I found out today!!)
Ian, many thanks for the original post.
Lastly, I should mention the mysteries of plastic welding, some friends have a bodyshop (they painted the car) and they 'plastic welded' the hose today, adding plastic to the tear. It might not be a permanent fix, but at least the car idles & runs properly, and hopefully will last until the replacement gets here.

Lancialulu
10-10-2018, 22:35
Low density silicon also works well to repair splits on this particular piece

Griff
11-10-2018, 17:41
The 24valve version is too short for my use, if anybody wants one, I'll take what I paid for it (£50) Griff

ChrisCar6
11-10-2018, 18:25
Low density silicon also works well to repair splits on this particular piece

What form does that take? liquid, patch....?

Lancialulu
12-10-2018, 20:57
What form does that take? liquid, patch....?I should have said low modulus silcone in a cartridge.....

ChrisCar6
13-10-2018, 11:49
Pardon my iggirance, is that common-or-garden silicone snotter from a DIY shop?

Lancialulu
13-10-2018, 14:46
Pardon my iggirance, is that common-or-garden silicone snotter from a DIY shop? think it was toolstation....

john
13-10-2018, 21:17
I think it's low modulus silicone?
Ah! Sorry should fully read the thread before chipping in!
And you can add plasterers fibreglass scrim cloth in to the silicone to reinforce it.

Revs
16-10-2018, 07:50
Alfa Aid pointed out that mine is on the way out as well, and that they are getting rare.

Judging by eye I think that is just small enough for the build area of my 3D printer and a quick Google says that TPU is resistant to oil which sounds breather hose friendly. A project for the winter perhaps to see if I can print a replacement, though the only flexible filament I have is some Ninjaflex which might be too wobbly so it might need semi-flex.