PDA

View Full Version : ONLY Road Legal Aston Martin Vulcan in the world

ducatiman
30-10-2018, 00:58
The world's' only street legal Aston Martin Vulcan by RML Group, interesting changes and requirements to get through IVA.....................worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg2rGEVLoTY

AndyGuyton
30-10-2018, 12:02
Great video...incredible car!!

Stratos Fear
30-10-2018, 12:21
Great looking car but I think they could have been a bit more adventurous with the colour ..... (I know a lovely bright lime green!)

LPH_UK
30-10-2018, 12:22
My boy sat in one at Donnington. Amazing attention to detail and quality of finish for a track only car. Always loved Aston's designs. If I have the money a One-77 would be on the list.

Longtimefan
30-10-2018, 13:15
Where is the front number plate??

LPH_UK
30-10-2018, 13:52

Erm, it must have fallen off somewhere, Officer................

renmure
30-10-2018, 14:45
I loved one of the comments on the video...
"must be the most awesome sh1t coloured cars you can get!"
Good judgement methinks.

Longtimefan
30-10-2018, 18:16
Erm, it must have fallen off somewhere, Officer................

That seems to be happening a lot around our neck of the woods, must be the pot holes!!

Willtord
02-11-2020, 10:35

Hi, I owned a left hand drive car a few years ago, which was actually a development car from a British manufacturer, destined for the American market. I was constantly being pulled over by the federalis here. The law states that a front number plate has to be fitted where the manufacturer has provisioned for one, or words to that effect. Perfect get-out! If the manufacturer hasn't provisioned for one, there is no legal obligation, officer.
They hated me. Probably.
:o

ChrisCar6
02-11-2020, 13:29
Hi, I owned a left hand drive car a few years ago, which was actually a development car from a British manufacturer, destined for the American market. I was constantly being pulled over by the federalis here. The law states that a front number plate has to be fitted where the manufacturer has provisioned for one, or words to that effect. Perfect get-out! If the manufacturer hasn't provisioned for one, there is no legal obligation, officer.
They hated me. Probably.
:o

So that would excuse us a front plate? I see no manufacturer provision for one on the Stratos.....
Preferable to the nailed-on afterthought that they often look. IMO.

Gordon Caro
02-11-2020, 15:26
Have a look at this https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/561/contents
If I have read it correctly all cars built after 1903 and registered in the UK need to have a front licence plate fitted.

Willtord
02-11-2020, 18:37
I stand corrected!
Seems the legislation was changed around 2001.
I obviously didn't get the memo, officer!

(Thanks Robin:))

Willtord
27-11-2020, 12:30
Interesting, the Arial Atom here doesn't have a front numberplate, either: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjBYNQUiels
I think the front numberplate detracts from the purity of a beautiful shape (the atom isn't!) like the Stratos.

hedge
28-11-2020, 08:49
Most Atom owners carry the front number plate sticker in the "boot", just in case they get a tug from the Old Bill. But, according to the law, that's not right. You are left to the whims of the police officer as to whether you'll get fined etc.

You find that certain police forces are hotter on this than in others. Places like Cheshire, for instance, are v hot on it. Many others, in the SE, are otherwise. 9 times out of 10, when you get pulled, they just want to have a chat with you. Ask if you know The Stig, etc etc.

I'd disagree that the Atom isn't beautiful. But then I would I spose.

Cheers,
Hedge