PDA

View Full Version : Classic car Show 2019

ducatiman
17-11-2018, 10:45
Classic car Show 8 - 10 November 2019 - Dates announced.

Didn't go this year but a friend went and he mentioned it was the biggest Classic Car Show that he had been to and couldn't get around it in a single day. What about getting a Club stand here, OK it's November but it is all indoors.

ProtoTipo
17-11-2018, 18:16
Classic car Show 8 - 10 November 2019 - Dates announced.

Didn't go this year but a friend went and he mentioned it was the biggest Classic Car Show that he had been to and couldn't get around it in a single day. What about getting a Club stand here, OK it's November but it is all indoors.

I mentioned this on the 'club funds' thread Andy.
My brother and I go most years, but this year the total hall area was increased, and you're right, one day's visit didn't do it justice.
We'd just got into the last large hall, when we got the 'the show is closing in 15 mins.' announcement.
Manning a stand for the whole weekend would be hard work. The show is great value for the visitor though.

The Slug
20-11-2018, 09:33
Was this the one at the NEC?

ProtoTipo
20-11-2018, 10:34
Was this the one at the NEC?

Yes Ian, the NEC show.

The Slug
20-11-2018, 17:06
Yes we had a stand there a few years ago, the next year we tried but were told "We did not fit in with the ethos of this years show being replicas" so we did not get a stand!!
Odd really when you look round at some of the "other" replicas on show...

Normb666
20-11-2018, 18:25
Yeah, they didn't seem to mind Gerry being there with his Cobras and Stratos when I went...some peeps need to get a sense of perspective.

What was the public's reaction like?

The Slug
21-11-2018, 10:22
To be fair we weren't in the best place, but had a steady flow of people passing by, and sold a few Tee shirts etc.
I know we got 1 new member at least. It did not help having the stand behind us with a large MX5 banner printed on both sides, the times we were asked if it was a re-bodied MX5....!

Have a look at this thread. (https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/2746-NEC-Classic-Car-Show-Nov-14-16th?highlight=Classic)

ducatiman
21-11-2018, 11:11
That's all interesting...........................forgot about this. I wonder if we could get in 2019 though...................