PDA

View Full Version : Imposter

pgrbff
23-11-2018, 09:12
Hi everyone. I'm afraid I'm not the genuine article.
I have a friend building at the moment and he doesn't speak a word of English. So I'm here on his behalf.

Normb666
23-11-2018, 09:24
Hi Paul the Imposter, don't worry, you don't have to have a car to join! In fact you're probably doing the right thing - let someone else have all the pain, and you enjoy the good bits!

Is your friend building a Hawk or LB?

pgrbff
23-11-2018, 09:39
Hawk. I get the bad bits, not the good bits.
Like, translate the manual and try and source all the awkward bits. Used X19 parts are like hens' teeth here in Italy.
He builds rally cars for a living and does normal car repairs. At the moment I'm trying to find some black door handles. I know they are X19/GT4, and I know that replicas are available, but apart from eBay I'm not having much luck.
We've 3D printed a kit to fit on a demon tweaks micro heater if anyone is interested?

The Slug
23-11-2018, 11:16
Hi pgrbff,

Does your friend know that if he joins the club and clicks on the Italian flag in the header it will translate the forum to Italian for him? Not the greatest translation but enough to hopefully understand. Like wise if he types in Italian it will translate back to English for ourselves to read his posts?

Regards
Ian

GerryA
27-11-2018, 00:06
Hi - try here for black door handles
https://www.bielstein.com/Door-handle-set-BLACK-Fiat-X1-9
Hope that helps