PDA

View Full Version : NEC - Autosport International - The Racing Car Show. 12-15th Jan 2012.

Monte76
05-01-2012, 11:33
Anyone else going to the NEC Autosport International The Racing Car Show 12-15th Jan 2012?

We've been invited to take the car up on Wed 11th and it'll be on the Hawk stand for the duration of the show, pop over and say hi, it'll be good to see some familiar faces.

It's always a good show and I picked up plenty of goodies for my Strato's build from the various suppliers at last years show.

See you there, hopefully.

Vince.

turbonutter
05-01-2012, 11:48
I Hope to be there on one of the days, not sure which day yet though......

Hopefully see you there :)

Elliott
05-01-2012, 17:22
I plan to be there on the Sunday. I'll pop along.

:)

Guy Mayers
05-01-2012, 20:21
Should be there Saturday & Sunday too helping on the stand as usual!

Guy

Sando
05-01-2012, 21:42
Good turn out for us then:) I'll be there all 4 days/Wed too, so will see you there - My car will be on the CSMA stand
Rob

turbonutter
08-01-2012, 00:32
I Hope to be there on one of the days, not sure which day yet though......

Hopefully see you there :)

Ok I will be there on sunday - Hope to see some of you....

Monte76
08-01-2012, 00:55
That's great, pop by and say hi, it'll be great to put some faces to usernames and also exchange some build ideas.

See you there,

Vince.

Bernard
16-01-2012, 12:52
Hi Vince
Great to see your car at the show............ exceptional attention to detail.... car looks superb !!
Cheers
P

Monte76
16-01-2012, 14:22
Thanks Phil,

Glad you liked it, it was also great to speak to so many Strato's fans in general, all four days were very busy. The show was superb, loved the new single seater Mono road car and the GT3 version of the new McLaren MP4-12C, the shear quality of competition parts on offer these days is staggering. Thanks to Guy for fielding a lot of the questions so that I could skive off and catch the rest of the show, thanks also to Rob for all your helpful advice, your car looked great on the CSMA stand. Driving out of the show on Sunday night in convoy with some of the other exotic cars on display was a particular highlight for me.

I picked up a copy of the new McKlein publication "Group 4 - From Strato's to Quattro" plenty of new Strato's photos, all of which I've never seen before. Big thick hard back book with plenty of content, a bargain for £45.

Guy had some exciting news to share after chatting to the chaps on the Pirelli stand, I'll let Guy share the potential good news on a separate thread.

Lastly a big thank you to Gerry for the invitation and ever generous hospitality, hard to believe we've clocked up 24 years of Strato's ownership already, I hope the show was a success - roll on next years show.

Vince.

ChrisC
16-01-2012, 16:17
I bought the book as well - well worth the money. Great to see yours and Robs car on the stands. Looking forward to seeing the results from that camera mount.

ChrisC

Monte76
25-01-2012, 18:34
Nice blog about the Autosport show containing a few familiar cars:

Speedhunters Gallery (http://speedhunters.com/archive/2012/01/21/event-gt-gt-autosport-international-s-rally-heroes.aspx)

Vince.

Elliott
25-01-2012, 19:17
A good write up and very complimentary towards our members' cars. Thanks for posting that.

ProtoTipo
25-01-2012, 21:40
A good write up and very complimentary towards our members' cars. Thanks for posting that.

That is good a write up Elliott?
Thanks Vince.