PDA

View Full Version : AGM 2019 - Stoneleigh - and Volunteers for Committee Positons

Normb666
23-02-2019, 20:22
All,

The 2019 AGM will be held as usual at the National Kit Car Show, Stoneleigh, on May Day Bank Holiday Sunday, 5th May, at 12:00. Also as usual, there'll be the marquee and a BBQ and tea/coffee afterwards. If anyone has a topic they'd like to be discussed, then let me know and I'll add it to the agenda. Kit car drivers get in free, also as usual, and you'll be able to park in our own stand (51B) and pose shamelessly.

Also this year we have several committee positions up for grabs, due to the current incumbents stepping down. The positions are (current holder in brackets) :-

Membership Secretary (Carol Butterfield)
Regalia Secretary (Carol Butterfield)
Webmaster (Jeff Penfold)
Chairman (John Butterfield)
Vice Chairman (currently empty)
Secretary...maybe...but see below

If you think you might have the necessary skills/abilities and fancy doing your bit for the club, or you know someone who could, then let me know by the end of March latest, please, as in the event of there being more than one candidate for a position, we'll ballot you all electronically rather than having the usual votes by just those who turn up for the AGM - that way everyone gets to have a say. Of course even if there's only one volunteer for a post, you'll still be told who those new people are in advance.

There's already one nomination for the position of Chairman, and that's me - I've been asked if I'd like to take over from John, and I've accepted, pending approval by you lot, which means anyone else can still stand as well but it'd then go to a vote. Therefore, having been nominated (by John) and seconded (by Carol), if there are no other candidates and no objections, I'll take over from John at the AGM.
This means that I could end up holding two positions - Chairman and Secretary - and although that's allowed for in the club rules, I'd rather not do both, so if anyone fancies a go at Secretary, let me know, otherwise I'll continue for now.
If it does happen that I become Chairman, then it'd be good if we could get someone from further south to be Vice-Chair, so both ends of the country could be covered/represented...although that doesn't mean you get expenses to travel to Aus/NZ :)

Cheers!
Norm

Stratos Fear
24-02-2019, 09:51
All,

The 2019 AGM will be held as usual at the National Kit Car Show, Stoneleigh, on May Day Bank Holiday Sunday, 5th May, at 12:00. Also as usual, there'll be the marquee and a BBQ and tea/coffee afterwards. If anyone has a topic they'd like to be discussed, then let me know and I'll add it to the agenda. Kit car drivers get in free, also as usual, and you'll be able to park in our own stand (51B) and pose shamelessly.

Also this year we have several committee positions up for grabs, due to the current incumbents stepping down. The positions are (current holder in brackets) :-

Membership Secretary (Carol Butterfield)
Regalia Secretary (Carol Butterfield)
Webmaster (Jeff Penfold)
Chairman (John Butterfield)
Vice Chairman (currently empty)
Secretary...maybe...but see below

If you think you might have the necessary skills/abilities and fancy doing your bit for the club, or you know someone who could, then let me know by the end of March latest, please, as in the event of there being more than one candidate for a position, we'll ballot you all electronically rather than having the usual votes by just those who turn up for the AGM - that way everyone gets to have a say. Of course even if there's only one volunteer for a post, you'll still be told who those new people are in advance.

There's already one nomination for the position of Chairman, and that's me - I've been asked if I'd like to take over from John, and I've accepted, pending approval by you lot, which means anyone else can still stand as well but it'd then go to a vote. Therefore, having been nominated (by John) and seconded (by Carol), if there are no other candidates and no objections, I'll take over from John at the AGM.
This means that I could end up holding two positions - Chairman and Secretary - and although that's allowed for in the club rules, I'd rather not do both, so if anyone fancies a go at Secretary, let me know, otherwise I'll continue for now.
If it does happen that I become Chairman, then it'd be good if we could get someone from further south to be Vice-Chair, so both ends of the country could be covered/represented...although that doesn't mean you get expenses to travel to Aus/NZ :)

Cheers!
Norm

Very clear Norm. You have my vote for Chairman - what's involved in being Vice-Chair? (shame about about the Antipodean expenses!)

Normb666
24-02-2019, 11:26
Ta for the vote of (maybe misplaced) confidence, Peter...I'd advise you, and anyone else considering a committee position, to firstly have a look at the club rules which are posted in their own section on this forum. Most positions are self-explanatory - but being Chair or Vice-Chair means you represent the club, and are effectively its public face. You could be called on to settle internal disputes, or prevent the club being brought into disrepute, etc....it's basically a management position. As Vice-Chair you'd be expected to assist the Chair if necessary, or step into that role if the Chairperson was unavailable for any reason. As it happens we've got a pretty well-mannered bunch of peeps here, possibly because we're not that big a club, so it tends to manage itself, which is cool. I'd certainly be going for the hands-off approach as much as possible, which some may say is very similar to my driving style ;)

Redline
25-02-2019, 20:57
I'm happy to pick up the Membership role (alongside the Treasurer function I currently have). I developed the gist of looking at how this works when we did the calendars last year and am keen to see how we can support our members both near and far....

Mark

Normb666
25-02-2019, 22:24
Cheers Mark, there's some logic in that thinking, so to everyone else - will anyone second that proposal?

Stratos Fear
26-02-2019, 11:46
I'll second that proposal.
P

Normb666
26-02-2019, 14:46
Thanks Peter, - in that case I reckon we've got someone to be Membership Sec. Doesn't stop anyone else putting their hand up, but....why would you??

Again, Big Ta to Mark. Top bloke!

The Slug
28-02-2019, 14:58
Norm..
John Griffin has reached out to me to say he would be happy to stand as Vice-Chairman.

That being the case, I would like to propose him.
Any one second that?

All to be ratified at the AGM of course.

Ken Tomblin
28-02-2019, 17:37
Club members attending Stoneleigh this year please note that due to redevelopment our site is 51B and not our old site 51C

Regards

Lancialulu
01-03-2019, 08:24
I will second him.

Norm..
John Griffin has reached out to me to say he would be happy to stand as Vice-Chairman.

That being the case, I would like to propose him.
Any one second that?

All to be ratified at the AGM of course.

Normb666
01-03-2019, 10:15
Cheers Tim, that's another position filled (provisionally).

So we've got Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Sec, Press Officer....still need someone to take over as Webmaster from Jeff (a biggie!) - and is Alan still up for being Events Organiser, do we know? Alan, can you drop me a line to let me know what you're doing, please?

I know we've got nobody (yet) for Regalia after Carol steps down at the AGM, but I don't think that one's a show-stopper (he says, as massive orders for sweatshirts and keyrings suddenly flood in from all corners of the globe...)

Lancialulu
01-03-2019, 10:47
We sorted regalia at Lancia Motor Club by finding an online fulfilment company, and all (I say with thanks to the guy that stepped forward in LMC’s case) was needed was someone who could apply the club logos etc to a variety of merchandise. Folk ordered direct and the company gave a small margin back to the club for every sale.

Normb666
02-03-2019, 21:05
That's an interesting way of doing it...let's see if anyone steps up and if not, maybe that's the way to go.

Just had notification from Alan that he'll be stepping down as Events Officer at the AGM, so that's another post we could do with filling. Anyone?

ProtoTipo
12-03-2019, 16:55
I've got a bunch of £Free stickers available for any club members attending the AGM.
'Like last year...

Could that go on 'matters arising' or wherever?
Thanks.

Normb666
12-03-2019, 21:37
Sure thing Chris, I'll be putting out an agenda (different to my hidden one, mwahahahaaaa) in April so I'll bung it in.

ProtoTipo
13-03-2019, 09:18
mwahahahaaaa

Was that your best 'Bond Villain' world domination laugh, Norm?

Normb666
13-03-2019, 09:33
The very one, Chris. It also comes in handy when I'm doing my best "Mr. Evil Scientist" or "Summoner of Demons from the Pit" thing...suppose just "Leader of the Forces of Darkness and Tyranny" in general really. Is it working? :) (mwahahahahaaaa, again, just for effect.)

Normb666
02-04-2019, 22:04
Folks,

Still short of peeps to take on the Webmaster and Events Officer roles. Nobody fancy doing a bit for the club? Come on, you don't really want to be pressganged by the committee at the AGM, do ya (he said, thereby ensuring no-one will turn up...)

Should have an agenda knocked up shortly too, which I'll add to this thread.

Ta

Norm

Normb666
04-04-2019, 13:51
As threatened/promised - AGM Agenda. If there's anything anyone wants to bring up or discuss, let me know and I can add it into the "A.O.B." section. That's not to say topics can't be discussed ad-hoc on the day, though.

Cheers!

Norm

Normb666
08-04-2019, 12:02
More info -

For those attending, we're aiming to have sticky labels for you to put your forum name and real name on, which you can stick onto your lapel/t-shirt/naked chest, the idea being it'll be easy for people to identify who's who, and you can also put a face to your favourite forum heroes (other descriptions are available).

Also, given that I don't know shorthand and I'm not wonderful with a pen, we'll be recording the AGM itself on a dictaphone for later transcription into a document, so it'd be great if anyone who wants to say anything could start with their name to save me attributing a witty quip or whatever to the wrong person...

Ta!

Norm

ProtoTipo
08-04-2019, 12:35
More info -

For those attending, we're aiming to have sticky labels for you to put your forum name and real name on, which you can stick onto your lapel/t-shirt/naked chest, the idea being it'll be easy for people to identify who's who, and you can also put a face to your favourite forum heroes (other descriptions are available).
Norm

I could make those for you Norm.
I thought, including the Avatar too, if there is one, exactly how it appears on the forum?

Normb666
08-04-2019, 14:46
Wow Chris, that'd be great if you could do that. Send the bill to Mark Eaton (Redline) and he'll reimburse you from the infinite pool of wonder that is the Club Funds :)

ProtoTipo
09-04-2019, 07:54
Wow Chris, that'd be great if you could do that. Send the bill to Mark Eaton (Redline) and he'll reimburse you from the infinite pool of wonder that is the Club Funds :)

'No problem.
I'll need a list of probable attendees.
Anyone who hasn't got an Avatar, and would like one, I can sort that too.

Stratos Fear
09-04-2019, 11:47
'No problem.
I'll need a list of probable attendees.
Anyone who hasn't got an Avatar, and would like one, I can sort that too.

I'll be there on the Sunday ! (Peter Cutler)

AndyGuyton
09-04-2019, 13:31

Me too! (should see you beforehand Peter) Name as displayed...but with a space. :D

Normb666
09-04-2019, 13:42
Hmmm, knowing in advance who'll be there is probably a task best attempted by Gypsy Rose and her Crystal Balls (another case of gender reassignment, or maybe some sort of Romany Punk outfit). Therefore, Chris, may I suggest you make up badges for the Usual Suspects (as not seen on TV), plus anyone else who puts their hand up on here, and I'll bring the sticky labels as backup for anyone else who turns up. Or to catch the flies around the barbecue.

As for sorting an avatar for those without...sod off, do you think I was born yesterday??? :p ;) Hahaha!

Stratie.fr
09-04-2019, 15:08

I will be there too...if I'm not blocked at Portsmouth border control by some brexit issue!;)

STR_Strat
09-04-2019, 15:21
I will be there both days.

Dave

ProtoTipo
09-04-2019, 15:21
Therefore, Chris, may I suggest you make up badges for the Usual Suspects (as not seen on TV), plus anyone else who puts their hand up on here, and I'll bring the sticky labels as backup for anyone else who turns up.

Probably best to work on last year's list of people who signed on, plus the obvious people who are showing an interest this year?
Can I get last year's list from anywhere, if it's not on last year's AGM thread?

I meant Avatars to forum members own ideas, and if they hadn't worked out how it's done.
'Not images 'forced' on them. No pink swarf content etc.

ProtoTipo
09-04-2019, 15:42
Probably best to work on last year's list of people who signed on, plus the obvious people who are showing an interest this year?
Can I get last year's list from anywhere, if it's not on last year's AGM thread?

It's ok, I've found the list now.
31 people signed on.
I'll work on that as a basis, and add names to it, as needs be.

mariner
09-04-2019, 17:15
Hi Chris,

I'll be there Sunday only.

rgds Bob

renmure
09-04-2019, 18:28
Sunday only for me.

Bernard
09-04-2019, 19:21
Apologies... I wont be there
cheers
Phil

Longtimefan
10-04-2019, 08:22
Norman & Chris, Carol and I will be there for the AGM

Regards, Robin

Steve C
11-04-2019, 20:25
I will be there on the Sunday only.

Steve

Phubb
12-04-2019, 10:38
I'll be there on Sunday.

Peter Hubbard

The Slug
12-04-2019, 13:22
Apologies, we wont be there this year.

Regards
Jayne & Ian

Revs
20-04-2019, 15:53
We'll be there on Sunday.

Richard & Kirsty

ProtoTipo
29-04-2019, 08:24
Hello All,

I need to make name tag stickers that include names with forum names.
Of people on the list of attendees, there's a couple of surnames I don't know.
Could someone PM me with these surnames please:
Richard ?? (Revs) and
Jim ?? (renmure)
I've got 22 people on the list to date. If you're attending and have not said so on this thread, please do.
Thank you.

Redline
29-04-2019, 08:39
Chris,

I'll be there, arriving Sat pm and leaving Monday pm,

Redline, Mark Eaton (Treasurer)

Gordon Caro
29-04-2019, 08:40
I'll be there both days.

Gordon

GerryA
29-04-2019, 08:50
Hi Chris
Hoping to be there on Monday
GerryA - Gerald Andrews
Thanks

gtmpaul
29-04-2019, 08:51
I should be there Sunday, Paul Irvine.

ProtoTipo
29-04-2019, 08:53
Thanks Gordon.

Mark, you were already on my list.
That makes 23.

tomsredstratos
29-04-2019, 08:56
I'm planning on attending.

Tom

ProtoTipo
29-04-2019, 09:00
Thanks Tom, Paul,

26 now.
No doubt Paul Hassall too, so that'll be 27.

Stableblock
29-04-2019, 09:32
I'll be there too.

Peter

ProtoTipo
29-04-2019, 09:37
I'll be there too.

Peter
Thanks Peter.

Update:
I've found 'Revs's' surname now, so it's just Jim's (renmure) to find out.

strat24v
29-04-2019, 09:52
Il be there Sunday

Lancialulu
29-04-2019, 10:23
I should be there on Sunday.

Ken Tomblin
29-04-2019, 11:25
Ken and Ollie Sunday

tomsredstratos
29-04-2019, 11:43
Yes Chris,Paul H is coming.

Stratie.fr
29-04-2019, 13:13
I’ll be there both days with John arriving Sunday morning from lovely Cheshire!
Frederic aka Stratie.fr
it’s also the name of my first car, the second one is named Bernie in tribute of a famous French rally champion ;)

Normb666
29-04-2019, 13:55
What, Bernie Ecclestone is French and used to drive rally cars?? I never knew... ;)

Stratie.fr
29-04-2019, 14:02
Ha ha Norm you always have a funny word! :)

colleyv12
29-04-2019, 17:26
I will be there all weekend.

Regards

Guy Mayers
29-04-2019, 19:05
I'll be there all weekend but probably tied to Gerrys stand most of the time! Come say hello!
Guy

westonTB
29-04-2019, 20:13
I will be there on Sunday (with apprentice co driver)
Tim & Jacob.

ProtoTipo
30-04-2019, 10:56
I will be there on Sunday (with apprentice co driver)
Tim & Jacob.

32 total to date.

carol
01-05-2019, 23:17
To all who are attending the AGM, please bring your eating irons & mugs.

To enable the committee to make an inventory on all club assets ( I.E. banners, flags, tools, marquees etc) anyone who has any in their possession please bring along to Stoneleigh this weekend.
This will help the new committee to plan if anything is to be purchased going forward for the future of the club events.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter

Regards carol

Revs
03-05-2019, 11:28
The map on the Stoneleigh website says it is from 2016, I presume the plot hasn't moved?

It'll be my first visit to the show, so was trying to do some homework to know where I am going :)

https://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/downloads/Stoneleigh_2016_Site_Plan.pdf

ProtoTipo
03-05-2019, 12:16
The map on the Stoneleigh website says it is from 2016, I presume the plot hasn't moved?

It'll be my first visit to the show, so was trying to do some homework to know where I am going :)

https://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/downloads/Stoneleigh_2016_Site_Plan.pdf

The 2016 map is valid Richard.
Ken says we are still on the number 51 patch, (which I have indicated on this quickly drawn map) but in a different position on that patch to the normal position.

Revs
03-05-2019, 12:32
Area 51, should be easy to remember. Many thanks :D

ProtoTipo
04-05-2019, 11:28
I could make those for you Norm.
I thought, including the Avatar too, if there is one, exactly how it appears on the forum?

I'm assuming none of the following are attending this year?:

Richard Craig
Leah Bouchrif
Chris Smith
Sarah Earnshaw
Mark Earnshaw
Jeff Penfold
Alan Hayne
Paul Johnson
Martin Hathway
Jason Lycett
Steve Cook
Ian Ford
Jayne Ford

ah_sprite
04-05-2019, 13:01
Sorry Chris, I was sure I had replied to this post to say that I will be attending!

I believe Norm will be bringing Leah, along with friends Mark and Sarah, but they are not club (or forum) members.

ProtoTipo
04-05-2019, 13:07
Sorry Chris, I was sure I had replied to this post to say that I will be attending!

I believe Norm will be bringing Leah, along with friends Mark and Sarah, but they are not club (or forum) members.

Thanks Richard.
I should have guessed that that was Leah's full name?

Normb666
04-05-2019, 13:08
Correctamundo, Leah and Sarah are only there for the Prosecco stall just outside the club site ;)

Ian and Jayne Ford have told me they won't be there this year either.

See y'all tomorra...

The Slug
04-05-2019, 19:49
Apologies, We wont be there this year.

Regards
Jayne & Ian

That's correct Chris as per post 37.
So should be in the minutes of the meeting after the event, with the other apologies received.

Have a good day all of you ... Take a brolly!!

Lancialulu
04-05-2019, 20:59
That's correct Chris as per post 37.
So should be in the minutes of the meeting after the event, with the other apologies received.

Have a good day all of you ... Take a brolly!!
not goin to rain

Normb666
04-05-2019, 23:05
Not on our parade, anyway...

ProtoTipo
04-05-2019, 23:18
Printing members ID stickers now.
Yes, it's taken that long!

ProtoTipo
05-05-2019, 22:50
Big thank you to Carol today, and 'Fireman Mel'.
I'm trying to think of a 'blaze of glory' joke?........ Norm?...

One photo of the SEC stand from me today, before the two Corse I's turned up:

I lost an off cut piece of white upholstery vinyl today.
'Just in case anyone found it lying on the floor?

ProtoTipo
06-05-2019, 09:27
A few more photos.
I don't know why the tennis balls have gone 'alien' coloured?

Normb666
06-05-2019, 22:25
Chris, I'm thinking more of the covering on the table with the regalia....a sort of "baize of glory" :)

Love that pic of Robin in the background with Carol, blessing his own car...I think we have a new committee position, "Club Pope"

Also, want to say Thanks to all who attended the AGM on Sunday - good turn-out! Big Ta for having me as Chairman, and even Bigger Ta to Carol who single-handedly fed the assembled multitudes, as well as manning the Regalia stall. Carol, can you show me that trick with the loaves and the fishes again...? ;)

I'll knock up/transcribe the minutes shortly, when I get a...er….minute...I'll also post a thread with the names of the new committee members.

Cheers!

Norm

carol
07-05-2019, 00:36
Dedication

Chris, I'm thinking more of the covering on the table with the regalia....a sort of "baize of glory" :)

Love that pic of Robin in the background with Carol, blessing his own car...I think we have a new committee position, "Club Pope"

Also, want to say Thanks to all who attended the AGM on Sunday - good turn-out! Big Ta for having me as Chairman, and even Bigger Ta to Carol who single-handedly fed the assembled multitudes, as well as manning the Regalia stall. Carol, can you show me that trick with the loaves and the fishes again...? ;)

I'll knock up/transcribe the minutes shortly, when I get a...er….minute...I'll also post a thread with the names of the new committee members.

Cheers!

Norm

ProtoTipo
07-05-2019, 09:40
Cheers!Norm

The chap in the check shirt stood next to Robin is a rallying legend.
Robin introduced me, but I'm sure I was 'worthy'?
Then next thing, he was at our AGM. I felt like shouting "look, it's John Bloxham".

Normb666
07-05-2019, 12:10
That's an L of a coincidence, cos he told me he almost shouted "Look, it's Chris Jarvis", but he didn't cos he was frightened people might get trampled in the rush.

ProtoTipo
07-05-2019, 12:16
That's an L of a coincidence, cos he told me he almost shouted "Look, it's Chris Jarvis", but he didn't cos he was frightened people might get trampled in the rush.

He didn't have to Norm. I was wearing a sticker that said as much.

ProtoTipo
07-05-2019, 12:34
There were 22 Stratos replicas there on Sunday:

10 Hawks
8 LBs
3 Corse
1 Allora

Quite a turn out.
I wonder what the record is, when and where?

Longtimefan
07-05-2019, 14:26
Chris, do you think that could be down to Norms fatal attraction or Carols BBQ? I think the latter.

ah_sprite
07-05-2019, 14:49
I know what my money's on, Robin!

I forgot to take any pictures until Sunday afternoon at about 4pm so these are the only Stratos-related ones I actually took!

Longtimefan
07-05-2019, 17:36
Richard, if I didn't know better, i would have guessed that that was Norman in my car with a wig on for disguise trying to take the door off!!!

Normb666
07-05-2019, 17:48
I'm deeply hurt by this almost-allegation. I'm obviously standing in the background berating John over something or other (probably his failure to stand on a chair while speaking to me).... then again, that could be the cardboard cut-out stand-in I brought along to misdirect people while I steal doors. Obviously didn't work. Grrr.

Normb666
03-06-2019, 21:47
AGM minutes compiled and attached....