PDA

View Full Version : All Italian Car Meets - Hampshire Area

Normb666
24-02-2019, 20:41
Folks,

In my capacity as Club Sec, I got a mail from the organiser of the above event(s), which is open to all Italian car owners and enthusiasts. Although most of the cars owned by members of our club are replicas and therefore British, I think we're covered alright ;)
It's basically a breakfast meet for petrolheads - just turn up and enjoy, no need to book, no fees to pay. Here's what he mailed me:-

"Hello Italian Car Friends,

I hope this finds you all well and looking forward to the 2019 season ahead.

The sunshine has made me think about getting on and sending out some reminders for our meetings this year. On that basis, I attach our 2019 flier in .PDF format, which you can feel free to use on your websites, forums, or newsletters - I put this together myself using a photo from last year.

As with previous years, this remains a free to attend event with no need to book. Most of you probably know the arrangements by now, but for anyone who doesn't or wants some detail for their club websites etc, we use the solid and well draining field at The Departure Lounge Café, just outside Alton in Northern Hampshire, so we can display our cars away from the public car park. We meet on the first Saturdays of April, June, August, and October, starting at around 10am when the café opens (although some people do arrive earlier) and then attendees are free to come and go as they please. It usually tails off around 1-2pm.

This is really just a friendly and simple meet up for enthusiasts and owners of Italian cars of any marque or age, and we really enjoy the variety we have had.

Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you will make it to this year's events too - I look forward to seeing you and your cars there.

Kind regards,
Ross"

I can't attach the PDF file he included as it's too large, but basically it just contained the dates - 6th April, 1st June, 3rd August, 5th October. So if you're at a loose end and fancy showing off your pride and joy, or even the Strat, give it a go and let us know how it went.

Cheers!

Norm

Stratos Fear
25-02-2019, 11:13
This is the event a number of the southern members attended last year and it was a good friendly meet with some interesting cars. Anyone up for it this year ? Saturday 6th April?
Mark are you available? My car still only in working chassis form ( but would make a good off-roader !)

Birdman
25-02-2019, 17:33
I will be interested, Peter.

Redline
25-02-2019, 20:52
Yeah last year was a good chance to catch up with some of the other southern contingent of the club.
I'll look to bring the Zenith STR along, it'll still be in Goodwood set-up from the previous weekend with the Lancia club, so a firm ride (but a quiet exhaust!)

Mark

Stratos Fear
25-02-2019, 21:39
Great - thanks Gary and Mark - any more southern members like to meet up at this event ? A good chance to meet local fellow members and compare notes on builds.

Birdman
31-03-2019, 23:16
What time you guys planning on being there next Sat?

Redline
01-04-2019, 09:03
Should get there between 0930 and 1000.