PDA

View Full Version : SupercarFest - Shelsley Walsh - July 20th

Normb666
06-03-2019, 21:43
Gang,

Got an email from the organiser of this event, inviting us along as a club. Looks like a top do, at a top place... this is what he said:-

"
Dear Club Secretary,

I would like to introduce you to a new event for 2019 called Supercar Fest. A supercar themed festival held at the world's oldest motorsport venue, Shelsley Walsh, located in the stunning Worcestershire countryside.

The one day event taking part on Saturday 20th July will be showcasing the best modern day and classic supercars ever built as well as a supercar paddock, non stop supercar demo runs & parades, motorsport demonstrations, car club displays, classic & sports car show, concours, VIP hospitality, live music, trade stands, food & drink, camping and more.

Supercar Fest was launched just over a week ago and has had an incredible response from both car clubs and the general public. So far we have a great variety of clubs attending the event from classic to modern day.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally invite your club to join us at Supercar Fest where your members will receive 50% discount off the gate price and a trackside reserved parking area. We will also create a custom landing page on our website for your members to register and create any adverts for your monthly magazine or newsletter.

If your club has not visited Shelsley Walsh before it’s a hidden gem filled with motoring heritage which should not be missed. For more information please click the link below and should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me by replying directly to this email or calling me directly on 07710935539.

https://www.supercarfest.co.uk/carclubs

Kind regards,
Robin

Robin Webb | 07710 935539
https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fuc%3Fexport%3Ddownload%26id%3D1_sb-oMkMfwQDl8vxUh2FFbo9q6ipVbbg%26revid%3D0BwBTnfggM1xAbGtBeWxPR2FzRXdWRnZJRmQrakh0U0J2bVRJPQ&t=1551904005&ymreqid=819dee66-cb82-38b7-1cbb-810014012500&sig=flGnqlERfdO6C56Z06ZL2Q--~C (http://supercarfest.co.uk/)

Follow us: Facebook (http://facebook.com/supercarfest) | Instagram (http://instragram.com/supercarfest)

I imagine there are a few here who'd like to attend, so would anyone fancy picking up the baton and sorting out a club stand? Yes I know we've got an Events Organiser, but he's standing down after the AGM and as of yet there's no-one to replace him - and with this being well after his vacation of the position, it's more appropriate for someone else to sort this one.

If anyone does fancy getting to grips with this, post your intention on here first before getting in touch with Robin the organiser, just so we don't get 3 or 4 people ringing him about the same thing... :) If we get enough interest from peeps, maybe we can arrange a marquee, refreshments, etc. etc. from the club funds.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I don't sort something - 1) I probably won't be going, 2) I don't know if I'll have a car, and 3) I've got my own event (The Northern Drive-Out - watch out for details soon!) scheduled a couple of weeks after this. So there, yah-boo-sucks.

Hope we can do summat…

Cheers!

Norm

Normb666
06-03-2019, 21:44
Bloody L, that logo came out a bit bigger in real life than it looked when I was composing the post....oh well, at least you all know what the idea is :) :)

Normb666
07-03-2019, 18:50
Got a bit more info from the organisers....they want a couple of "liveried up" cars to make a few demo runs up the hill...

"
Also, we would like to demonstrate one or two Stratos cars (fully liveried version/racing/rallying looks) and if you have contacts for these we are prepared to offer full demonstration places to these two owners worth £149 each to include high profile position in the paddock, 2 entrance passes, sponsors goody bags and a photographic record of their day. We would need to agree these in advance and feel free to give out my mobile number 07710 935539 and email address to anybody who might want to take this up. They would be our guests and would have at least three runs up the hill. Passengers will be allowed and only a normal driving licence is required."

This is a separate request from the club stand invitation, so if anyone with a suitable car wants to go for this - give Robin a bell on the number above, or email him at Robin@supercarfest.co.uk

Ta!

Norm

STR_Strat
07-03-2019, 21:11
Hi Norm,

I have dropped a note to Robin to offer my car, will post here when I get a response.
If you would like me to co-ordinate a club presence I'd be happy to do that also.

Regards

Dave

Normb666
08-03-2019, 08:21
Hi Dave - thanks for sticking your hand up! And yeah, if you could be the Main Man for the club as a whole, that'd be ace too. Hopefully we can get enough members who want to go to make it worthwhile having a tent, etc. I'll PM you about the behind-the-scenes stuff separately and we can keep this thread for who's going, updates, news, etc.
So, everyone else, now someone's volunteered to be coordinator, you're safe to say you'll go :-P Haha!

Cheers

Norm

Longtimefan
16-03-2019, 00:30
Dave, subject to my LB being operational, I would love to join you on the day at Shelsley, although it is unlikely to be decked out. Hopefully by then, a few other enthusiasts will be able to join in, it should be a fascinating and entertaining day.

Robin

STR_Strat
16-03-2019, 09:14
Hi Robin,

Excellent, if you could just drop Robin (this is going to be confusing) a note using the contact details in Norm's original post, he will get in touch and ask for some information on the car.

As and when I get more information on the event itself, I will post an update here.

Dave

Steve C
16-03-2019, 22:25
Dave

If Robin cannot get his car ready I will like to put mine forward - could do with stretching its legs locally(ish) after the winter hibernation.

Steve

STR_Strat
21-07-2019, 09:23
Well after taking a day off to prep and clean the car I was a little disappointed to wake up to rain early Saturday morning, but the forecast wasn't too bad so it was an early start to get to Shelsley for just after 8. By the time we arrived the sun was shining and we made our way to our allotted garage in the paddock, clearly when Shelsley Hill Climb paddock was built, cars in general were much narrower. I think we had about 20mm either side of the arches.
Steve was already parked up when we arrived and there was already a small crowd gathering to take pictures and ask questions about the cars, lots of interest as they were somewhat different to the mainstream SuperCars that were there, if you had just bought your shiney new McClaren and expected to stand out at this event, you would have been disappointed, get a Strat instead:)
The format for the day was simple, park up, sign on, collect your tokens and start queuing up with all the exotica for a blast up the hill or 6:roll eyes: We had 3 runs each, but at the end of the day when the tokens ran out you could blag a few more goes, it was generally very relaxed.

https://youtu.be/hjOi6gSp7Zo

Jump to 00:18 and 06:28

Dave

Normb666
21-07-2019, 18:17
Dave and Steve, thanks for representing the Club at the do! Dave, the car looked pretty quick in the vid, impressive! Hadn't realised how many McLarens they've made though, or was every single one of them there?? :)

Sounds like you had a good day, any idea if they'll be running it again next year? Hopefully I'll be able to get along if so (was on one of those steam train days out over the Settle-Carlisle yesterday - very enjoyable, but probably not as fast...)

Cheers!

Norm