PDA

View Full Version : Lister Bell STR

red5
24-04-2019, 21:27
As some of you are aware Ive been thinking about selling my car at some point this year.

I really enjoyed the build and do like the car but just don't get the chance to use it as much as I should.

Plenty of pictures on the forum.
https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/3896-IVA-Pass

Build thread:
https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/3012-Blue-Stratos-North-Les-tah

Brief description:

Bodywork:
Group four round arch bodywork with roof scoop.
Painted in Chardonnet blue with white louvres and yellow wheels.

Engine and Gearbox:
Alfa Romeo 3.0 V6 CF3 Busso engine, refurbished prior to fitting in car including new water pump, cam belt, tensioner, head gaskets, valve stem seals etc.
6 speed manual gearbox
GTA flywheel and clutch assembly.
New Quaife LSD differential
Standard Alfa CF3 ECU, maintaining the original Alfa ignition immobiliser for added security.
Ceramic coated manifolds
Laminova oil cooler

Interior:
GRP seats trimmed in black vinyl and grey alcantara
Sabelt 4 point
Dark blue carpet set.
Grey alcantara dashboard.
Lister Bell supplied Lancia replica dash and instruments.
Heated front screen
Air conditioning
Key fob operated central locking
Wiring for reversing camera

Running Gear:
Two piece coffin spoke alloys with Toyo ProxesR1Rtryres
Twin brake master cylinders with bias adjustable pedal box
4 pot calipers, ventilated disks
Fully adjustable Gaz dampers, front and rear
Eibach progressive rate springs, front and rear
Adjustable anti-roll bars, front and rear

Im not desperate to sell as currently dont know what the next project will be.

All being well, the car will be at Stoneleigh Sunday and Monday. If anyone is seriously interested drop me a PM for further details.

LPH_UK
24-04-2019, 21:42
Shame to see you sell Nick. Might see if I can make it to Stoneleigh, the OH is working and me and my boy will need something to do!

For those interested in this car I've seen it on numerous occasions and studied it in detail to help me with my build. The quality of the build is top notch, it's a very well sorted car.

red5
24-04-2019, 22:21
Cheers Leigh. Don't think I can quite match you for attention to detail, pleased you think my car is top notch, a nice endorsement.

mel lewis
25-04-2019, 22:26
Nice looking job Nick, Have you asked Craig if someone may be interested in jumping the Q ???

red5
26-04-2019, 12:36
Cheers Mel

Craig has been kind enough to advertise the car for me on his facebook page, had a ridiculous amount of interest in less than 12 hours, obviously a lot of dreamers!

The car is also going to be on the LB stand at Stoneleigh so hopefully pick up some serious enquiries.

AndyGuyton
27-04-2019, 12:17
Cracking job on that car....looking forward to seeing it in the flesh next Sunday.

ProtoTipo
29-04-2019, 08:13
£54,000

Nobody would build you one for that, and there's no wait?:
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1104545

LOFT6.6
04-05-2019, 18:53
Nick, you had mentioned that you were thinking of selling. Now appears to be a reality. Shame after all of that work, but as you say the next project beckons.........
Good luck with the sales process and not too many tyre kickers and time wasters.

red5
06-05-2019, 20:03
So, the car has spent the last 2 days on the LB stand at Stoneleigh and will be going to its new owner on Friday. Sold to a lovely couple who live in Hertfordshire so hopefully the car will be seen again at some point at UK events.
Big thanks to Craig and Lydia at LB for all their help and for allowing me to advertise my car on the show stand.

Also a big thanks to all the positive comments and praise from SEC members that have seen my car, not just this weekend but over the last few years.
Currently no plans to build another, but who knows, I'm sure I'll meet some of you again at future events.

Cheers Nick

Few pictures taken on the LB stand:

renmure
06-05-2019, 20:21
Congrats.

Not overly surprised it sold easily. It looked ace on the LB stand.

gp4124
07-05-2019, 00:19
Congratulations on the sale

Cheers
Chris

ProtoTipo
07-05-2019, 08:44
Congrats.

Not overly surprised it sold easily. It looked ace on the LB stand.

Me too.
A 'no brainer' for anyone who had the money?