PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all those involved in setting up the stand at Stoneleigh

Stratos Fear
06-05-2019, 14:12
My thanks to everyone involved in setting up the stand and arranging the food and drinks at Stoneleigh yesterday. It was a great day and good to meet new people and put faces to names - and what a good idea the labels were !

The show seems to be smaller again this year but great to see the enthusiasm from all the clubs gathering for the occasion - that element is certainly as strong as ever!

Peter

gp4124
06-05-2019, 14:44
Any pics from the event?

Cheers
Chris

Normb666
06-05-2019, 22:40
Peter, I'll second that sentiment. Although the marquee itself is supplied, delivered and erected by an outside firm, all the decorations, regalia stand, food and drink was sorted by John and Carol, whom I can't thank enough. Someone else will have to do all that next year....so if we're not careful we could be having the club's first open-air and refreshmentless AGM...

Chris, few pix here and there in various threads, but especially in the AGM one. Enjoy!

The Slug
07-05-2019, 00:08
Why someone? as in singular

The club has enough members to sort this, despite the old committee doing it for the past X amount of years.
People also need to be on the site to manage it and talk to visitors, buy the food, cook it, clean the BBQ after it and pack away at the end.

I don't know when the next AGM will be, was it decided at the AGM?

But you have the best part of a year to all step forward and offer to help.
Get yourselves a rota if needs be.....Its not as bad as you might think!

carol
07-05-2019, 00:29
Over the past 10 years of being membership Secretary, i would like to thank all members for their support, going from 40 odd members to now being just over 200.

Thank you also goes for the regalia support as well, over the past few years.

Thank you all again

Regards Carol

carol
07-05-2019, 00:47
Not that many years ago, we had to put up & take down our own shelters, in rain hale and sunshine,(taking them down seem to be left to the same people who put them up ) when the club had hardly any funds, this luxury has only been granted the last 4-5 years approx.

Peter, I'll second that sentiment. Although the marquee itself is supplied, delivered and erected by an outside firm, all the decorations, regalia stand, food and drink was sorted by John and Carol, whom I can't thank enough. Someone else will have to do all that next year....so if we're not careful we could be having the club's first open-air and refreshmentless AGM...

Chris, few pix here and there in various threads, but especially in the AGM one. Enjoy!

Normb666
07-05-2019, 08:37
Ian, I did indeed mean "someone" as in "more than one". But as you say, there's 12 months to set that up.

The date for the next AGM is set by the Chairman, and having had a good mooch round the show, I get the distinct feeling that it won't be long before there's no more Stoneleigh - maybe a couple of years at most. So perhaps it's time to consider a new venue, maybe Silverstone? Dunno yet, maybe we can get another year? Might be a subject for a thread of its own...

ProtoTipo
07-05-2019, 09:17
Over the past 10 years of being membership Secretary, i would like to thank all members for their support, going from 40 odd members to now being just over 200.
Thank you also goes for the regalia support as well, over the past few years.
Thank you all again
Regards Carol

Carol, surely no one has done more for the Stratos club than you?
You're just brilliant!

While I'm here, 'sorry for littering the regalia section with those left over stickers on Sunday. I did intend to tidy those up at some point before leaving.

Stratie.fr
07-05-2019, 13:21
We’re still on roads between England and Spain with my favorite co-driver Bill!
I would like to Thank again all of you in committee and Especially Carol for her warm welcome and nice BBK with big flames !
Thank you also for Teddy Bear which will see Trasmiera again with us ( A big honor for us to represent SEC this year!)
Cheers
Frederic
ps hope you liked French wines of my friend ;)

ah_sprite
07-05-2019, 14:43
I'd like to echo the comments of everyone above - many thanks to all involved in the organisation. It was a great weekend with a great turnout of cars!
Thanks especially to Carol and John for the huge amount of work they've put in over the years.

Cheers
Richard