PDA

View Full Version : Grp 4 Wheel Arches

tipo158
07-01-2012, 15:44
I was going to ask this later when I got close to doing this, but the point was brought up in another post of mine, so I thought I'd ask now. I have a set of Group 4 wheel arches for my rear section, holding them up to the body section I can see that some of the existing body work needs to be removed. So my question is, is there a pattern available that shows how much needs to be removed. Or does someone have picture of the process, kind of a step by step photo session?

john
07-01-2012, 18:07
Post a picture up of what you have for the arches.
Some will go for cutting as little away as possible (say 50mm above the Stradale wheel arch moulding) to, as most seem to do, cutting the whole of the side of the rear clam away to the top body line.
Lets see what you've got but for an idea I'd say minimum cut if you've got square arches, the whole side if they are round arches. Also dependent upon whose mouldings you've got.

tipo158
07-01-2012, 19:03
Post a picture up of what you have for the arches.
Some will go for cutting as little away as possible (say 50mm above the Stradale wheel arch moulding) to, as most seem to do, cutting the whole of the side of the rear clam away to the top body line.
Lets see what you've got but for an idea I'd say minimum cut if you've got square arches, the whole side if they are round arches. Also dependent upon whose mouldings you've got.

I've been told that they are round arches, and you would have as better clue as to where they came from than I would. From what I know, they came with the kit from Lionel. Nice picture, but what I was really looking for was a before, during and after shot (something that I will do on my build).

john
07-01-2012, 19:43
You can see where the join is from the picture I posted?
Those are Corse round arches.
Probably not from the same moulds yours are from.
I'm not saying you won't get the pictures and info you want, but it's a long shot. I don't have it.

tipo158
07-01-2012, 21:22

I got to thinking about where these arches may have came from. Reed, who imported my kit to the USA purchased a lot of Lancia Stratos original parts, these could be part of those pieces. Anyway, I have attached a photo of the arches.