PDA

View Full Version : CASTLE COMBE RALLYDAY 21 September

Ken Tomblin
21-05-2019, 14:42
Club display for 10 cars For more info go to www.rallday.com

If you would like to attend this event please contact Ken Tomblin

Revs
07-06-2019, 11:35
Hi Ken, I sent a PM on the forum, is there a different way I was supposed to contact you?

Ken Tomblin
22-08-2019, 13:27
WHO'S GOING -: Ken Tomblin * Paul Hassall * Richard (revs) * Dave Evans * Tom Ransome *

For more info go to www.rallyday.com (http://www.rallyday.com)

STR_Strat
22-08-2019, 21:38
Hi Ken,

I'm planning on going.

BR

Dave

tomsredstratos
23-08-2019, 11:36
Myself and Max are coming

Ken Tomblin
29-08-2019, 13:01
Club entry tickets close on Friday 30/08/19 !!!! I will order tickets tomorrow for the club members that are listed above, if you no longer wish to take part please contact me ASAP

Ken Tomblin
30-08-2019, 14:15
Five cars confirmed ,which only just allows us to have a club stand if any other club members wish to attend this event I now have until Monday the 02 /09/19 to add additional cars. This year there will a good number of Lancia‘s on the rally stage including a Delta S4

For more info go to www.rallyday.com (http://www.rallyday.com)

Regards Ken

Ken Tomblin
02-09-2019, 18:04
Ticket order placed for 5 cars !!!!!!!!

Revs
03-09-2019, 13:26
Awesome, thanks!
Are these admission tickets for driver or just a pass for the car? Sorry, couldn't find the answer on the rallyday site.

Ken Tomblin
03-09-2019, 14:50
Richard

The ticket is for the car and driver, could you please PM me with your address and phone number thanks

Regards Ken

Revs
03-09-2019, 19:29
Cheers, PM sent and I shall go order a passenger ticket then. See you there :)

Ken Tomblin
16-09-2019, 15:28
Rallyday tickets are in today's post!!!

Revs
17-09-2019, 13:25
Tickets turned up today, many thanks!

threep
20-09-2019, 23:28
I’ll be popping along tomorrow to say hello!

Revs
21-09-2019, 22:04
Well that was an awesome day :D

tomsredstratos
22-09-2019, 15:05
How nice it was to arrive to bright sunshine rather than the downpour of last year. All club members parked up soon after 9am and the interest in our cars began.
Walking around you could see Rally Day had invited some great cars. Many I had not seen before like the RS1700T. What a machine!
Counted five 6R4's and a great collection of Lancias.

After the event four Strats had a sprited country lane drive to the pub with Ken giving a demonstration of car control to the enthusiastic locals in one village!

Many thanks to Ken and family for the evenings hospitality and inviting myself and Max to stay over.
Drove back Sunday morning in convoy with Paul H in pouring rain. We really were lucky with the weather on Saturday.

This is a great rally car event. Sign up for next year as we only just get club parking with five cars.

Here are some pics from the day.

tomsredstratos
22-09-2019, 15:08
Some more pics

tomsredstratos
22-09-2019, 15:09
And some more

tomsredstratos
22-09-2019, 15:25
And off we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2SxHtwLkbM

tomsredstratos
22-09-2019, 15:28
Video found on YouTube of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YjejWXE28g

ProtoTipo
22-09-2019, 18:15
What we need, is an SEC Cotswolds run, on the Friday.
Rally Day on Saturday.
Drive home Sunday.

Bernard
22-09-2019, 20:07
What we need, is an SEC Cotswolds run, on the Friday.
Rally Day on Saturday.
Drive home Sunday.

nicely volunteered Chris !!

ProtoTipo
23-09-2019, 08:42
nicely volunteered Chris !!

It would be a bit difficult, as I live a very long way from that area!..... which is the whole problem of it being a one day event.
Rally Day is a great event, 'right up our street, but just one day, and only realistically within striking distance of the more southern SEC members.

Seriously, would the idea get any backing?

Normb666
23-09-2019, 09:13
With my Chairman's hat on - many thanks to Ken for organising all this. And on a personal level (OK, yeah, thanks to Ken again!) - it's a do I'd have liked to attend, but as Chris says, perhaps a bit too far for a one-day event for me (Merseyside). As a stay-over weekend thing, however, it suddenly becomes a lot more appealing, so if anyone fancies getting it together to sort out a group booking in a hotel for a couple of nights, I'd probably be up for that. Don't know if a Friday run would work though as you'd have to get down there early doors on a weekday with all the traffic etc....and then do another drive... that's why I do the Northern Run on a Saturday, with a Friday stop-over, so you can have a leisurely brekky before a fun drive round and then another night with like-minded peeps.

Anyone in that area fancy sticking their head above the wall? And anyone else who fancies a stayover - put yer name down here so we get an idea of numbers...

STR_Strat
23-09-2019, 09:20
Seriously, would the idea get any backing?

Yes I would be up for it.
We had a great day, admittedly it was helped by the excellent weather and only dampened slightly by being too loud to go on track!
Leaving in convoy and driving through the local villages and towns always adds to the day and then to round it off with a BBQ at Ken's and a night drive home made for a fantastic day.
A lot of the conversation at dinner was obviously Strat related (sorry Julie) but we also spent some time trying to figure out why attendance appears to have dropped off in recent years at many of the shows.
No real conclusion was reached, so if anyone has any ideas on what they would like to do put them on the forum and lets see what we can do next year.
Not wishing to hijack this thread I have an idea for an event next year so will post something in the "Events" section shortly.
Many thanks again to Ken for arranging the club stand, tickets and weather and Julie for hosting the BBQ.

Dave

@Ken - you need to tidy your garage and host a garage day:)

ProtoTipo
23-09-2019, 13:35
A lot of the conversation at dinner was obviously Strat related (sorry Julie)

Julie's heard it all before Dave.

Don't know if a Friday run would work though

Whatever would suit anyone that might be interested Norm. 'Doesn't have to be what I've suggested.