07-07-2019, 15:19
Here:
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1129976

ChrisCar6
07-07-2019, 15:38
isn't that the Stuart Foster Corse?

Guy Mayers
07-07-2019, 15:50
Had me worried for a minute there Chris with the first post!

ProtoTipo
07-07-2019, 16:55
Had me worried for a minute there Chris with the first post!

Did you have to check the garage quick Guy?

Or did you think someone was making dodgy counterfeit tyres?

john
07-07-2019, 22:23
I don't recognize the reg number as Stuart's car.

ProtoTipo
08-07-2019, 07:18
I don't recognize the reg number as Stuart's car.

It's the same car John.
Clive has it now, in the East Riding.

john
08-07-2019, 11:07
I know it's the same car. It just has a different registration number.

ProtoTipo
08-07-2019, 11:25
I know it's the same car. It just has a different registration number.

I see what you mean now John.
I notice it's on 5 studs, so I take it, a conversion to LB coffin spokes would fairly easy? If needed.

ChrisCar6
08-07-2019, 11:28
I see what you mean now John.
I notice it's on 5 studs, so I take it, a conversion to LB coffin spokes would fairly easy? If needed.
Stuarts was a T reg wasn't it? Why would it be re-registered?
Wouldn't the coffin spokes' offsets be wrong for a Corse?

ProtoTipo
08-07-2019, 11:57
Stuarts was a T reg wasn't it? Why would it be re-registered?
Wouldn't the coffin spokes' offsets be wrong for a Corse?

I would think because of the preferred reg. number?

When I say LB coffin spokes Chris, I don't mean LB coffin spokes for LBs, but LB coffin spokes specifically designed for the Corse.

3 examples of Corse with LB Corse wheels. Chris Savage's old Corse has them too.
I assume the front suspension is the same on all types:

Schmee
19-07-2019, 11:28
If this is a known entity I’d appreciate any informed opinions on it (by PM if you prefer)

Bit hard to put together info on different options (LB v Hawk v Corse) - is there a simple summary on Forum or elsewhere?

My understanding is Corse deviates a bit more from original Stratos body shape than some others and suspension design varies from original too in interests of “improvement”? Can’t remember where I read that.

Thanks!

Two-Eight-Six
19-07-2019, 12:38
Well, for starters, I certainly won't purport to offer an independent commentary myself on the different virtues of different approaches to creating a 'replica' or 'evocation' of these wonderful cars, but sight of a few more photos of my own as currently offered might help. Happily, there's another site which allows more photos to be posted, which might help in the assessment, so here's a link:

https://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/lancia/stratos/310141

(And please don't underestimate how very reluctant indeed I am to part with this much-loved car, or how short the window in which I'm obliged to offer it; after which it's withdrawn and I'm keeping hold....!)

Two-Eight-Six
04-08-2019, 20:32
Sold on first viewing and now collected.

john
05-08-2019, 06:48
Congratulations.

Normb666
05-08-2019, 08:10
Good news Clive, congrats on being able to fulfil that lifetime opportunity...my imagination is now running riot... ;)

Out of interest though, is the new owner an existing forum member? Or is the buyer someone with an existing collection that they're adding to? I'm interested because of that "Chairman's Rant" I posted a few weeks ago in which I was proposing that the type of buyer for our cars has changed.

Cheers

Norm

john
05-08-2019, 09:40
I think he's registered here but maybe not a member yet.