PDA

View Full Version : Bavarian drive out 7th August to 14th August

STR_Strat
11-08-2019, 21:49
Not quite as epic as Norm's event, but I thought it worth posting up a couple of pictures from my latest foray into Bavaria. For once no snow is involved, its the first time I've ventured down this way in the summer:cool:

On Wednesday I made my way down to Folkestone and managed to get an earlier than planned train over the water:

Then it was a quick run through France, Belgium and an overnight stay just outside the Nurburgring, no public sessions were running that evening which was probably a good thing as it was at the end of a long day's driving. Will be back though to do a lap or ten at some point.

Day two I made my way down to friends just outside Kempton via the B500 road that runs from Baden Baden, reputed to be one of the 10 best driving roads in Europe and it was certainly fun to drive. Kempton would be base for the next few days, so popped over to visit Gunther at CCKempton Kit Cars, it was good to see Rob'e ex Red ListerBell in the showroom.

Today (Sunday) I took a picture halfway up this mountain pass which sits on the Austrian border:

I guess the weather was somewhat better than you have been having in the UK (sorry Norm) as this was the view:

I will be starting the journey home on Tuesday so will update on progress if I remember to take any pictures:)

Dave

Stratos Fear
11-08-2019, 22:15
Dave - great trip , fantastic scenery. You did well to miss the rain and winds in UK (although better in SE than oop North)

Guy Mayers
11-08-2019, 22:16
Kempton would be base for the next few days, so popped over to visit Gunther at CCKempton Kit Cars, it was good to see Rob'e ex Red ListerBell in the showroom.

Dave

Small world - went to Cars'nCoffee in Liverpool today and spent most of it chatting to guy from Germany who works at BAC Mono cars in Speke who knows Gunther as someone who can get cars homologated/registed in Germany. I think he also wants him to sell his LB to a client he has in Connecticut!

Guy

Normb666
12-08-2019, 07:31
Good grief, where's the challenge driving around on dry sunny roads... (slight twinge of jealousy...)

Looks like loads of fun - looking forward to the next set of pics :) But what was that car in front of you on the train? And, is your trip sponsored by LB, with all the "ListerBell" logos on your car? :)

john
12-08-2019, 10:36
Fantastic trip Dave.

STR_Strat
12-08-2019, 13:19
" But what was that car in front of you on the train?"

I think it was an Audi of around 1964 vintage. There were three of them on the way back to Belgium.

"And, is your trip sponsored by LB, with all the "ListerBell" logos on your car? :) now theres a thought, Craig?;)

The weather has changed today so it looks like a damp trip back:(

Normb666
12-08-2019, 13:27
I thought it was the Audi "ring" badge I could see on the boot lid, but just couldn't work out the shape. So that's me out of the photo round in the Classic Car Quiz :)

Damp trip back? Ha! Come on the next Northern Run and we'll show you "damp" (that'll be the beds...)

ProtoTipo
12-08-2019, 13:47
I thought it was the Audi "ring" badge I could see on the boot lid, but just couldn't work out the shape. So that's me out of the photo round in the Classic Car Quiz :)

It's a DKW 1000sp

The 4 ring badge was the badge of 'Auto Union', of which Audi and DKW were one of the four rings each.

Normb666
12-08-2019, 14:54
DKW in this instance, stands for "Don't Know What". Thought a 1000SP was a '70's Moto Guzzi tourer though...

shakey5
15-08-2019, 06:54
Blimey Dave,

Someone's tried to copy you already! 😁

https://images.app.goo.gl/DVNXBsf1sH315oNQA

ProtoTipo
15-08-2019, 07:23
Blimey Dave,

Someone's tried to copy you already! 

https://images.app.goo.gl/DVNXBsf1sH315oNQA

That's a model of this Corse Stratos replica rally car:
https://images.app.goo.gl/Hf9GHKk57FMh1SU29

colin artus
15-08-2019, 12:54
DKW in this instance, stands for "Don't Know What". Thought a 1000SP was a '70's Moto Guzzi tourer though...
There's also an Abarth sports car with that designation.

Griff
15-08-2019, 22:52
DKW 1000SP, I actually met one of these on the Norway trip last year,

Stratie.fr
26-08-2019, 10:35
That's a model of this Corse Stratos replica rally car:
https://images.app.goo.gl/Hf9GHKk57FMh1SU29

I remember well this car when I was in touch with Mr Gooch for mine and he sent me photos of this Martini liviered driven by former French rallyman Yves Loubet in Belgium!

That one was refurbished and paint on Martini scheme in memory of Loubet’s Delta Integrale.

At my knowledge no Stratos were with this paint scheme in period only Lancia 037 and Integrale.

john
26-08-2019, 13:35
I remember well this car when I was in touch with Mr Gooch for mine and he sent me photos of this Martini liviered driven by former French rallyman Yves Loubet in Belgium!

Lionel was always keen on taking credit for someone else's efforts.......