PDA

View Full Version : Wiper motor crank lever wanted

Stratos Fear
06-10-2019, 12:41
A while back I bought a new wiper motor (Alfa 156) and have now fitted it to my build car. Unfortunately I disposed of the old motor from my donor as it wasnt working - and in the course of doing so seem to have thrown out the crank that screws to the top of the wiper motor spindle. Needless to say the new motor came without the crank component.

Does any one by chance have a spare that they can sell me? If not, a measurement centre to centre of the crank lever would be appreciated so I can make something up.

I cant re-fit the dash until this has been sorted.

Many thanks

Peter
The crank-less wiper motor:

Griff
06-10-2019, 16:33
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-156-WIPER-MOTOR-LINKAGE-PUSH-RODS-Wipex-KitNo-75/142414900655?fits=Car+Make%3AAlfa+Romeo%7CModel%3A156&hash=item212896edaf:g:lJMAAOxyXWdQ4zCW

Like this?

Stratos Fear
06-10-2019, 19:27
Hi Griff

Thanks for suggestion - but I only need the little straight piece that bolts directly to the output shaft on the wiper motor (it links the two shiny bits to the motor in your photo). The bits in the kit that you show, I already have but unfortunately dont need for my build.

Thanks anyway

colleyv12
08-10-2019, 16:39
What model would the crank be off? I may have a couple of Alfa wipers in the shed, and a Beta one as well

Stratos Fear
09-10-2019, 14:02
It's OK Steve - I've managed to find one thanks. It has now been modified and installed with the LB connector rod to the wiper activation lever. So now almost ready to re-install the dashboard !

Strat Fan
09-10-2019, 19:37
It's OK Steve - I've managed to find one thanks. It has now been modified and installed with the LB connector rod to the wiper activation lever. So now almost ready to re-install the dashboard !
Make sure you have the linkage the right way around so that it doesn't foul the dash vents during rotation.

Stratos Fear
10-10-2019, 12:17
Thanks for the warning Craig - I was more concerned - until you mentioned this - about getting the linkage to clear the washer hose (and to that end have just ordered a different nozzle with right angled feed) - so this is something elsse to look out for.
Cheers
P