PDA

View Full Version : Notification of Sale

Bernard
10-11-2019, 12:30
Hi All

Well its been a hectic week !

Following a call out of the blue on Monday asking if Eric was for sale, followed by a few text's and emails.... a visit was arranged for this last Saturday by a chap from Bilbao in Spain.

He duly came over and agreed to by the car !

So Eric will be moving to Northern Spain very shortly !!

This means that for the first time since 1989 I will not have a Strato's in the garage !

Cheers

Phil

Guy Mayers
10-11-2019, 13:06
That's a sad day Phil. Are you looking to put another one in the garage?

Guy

Normb666
10-11-2019, 13:10
Don't tell me, you threw Helen in to sweeten the deal. Wish you'd given me a call - he could've had Leah as well for nowt, and she even speaks the lingo :)

Not sure if this is "congrats" or "commiserations" really as it's all a bit sudden! So...er….whichever fits the bill!

It's gonna look awfully empty in that garage of yours soon... can't wait to see what you fill it with - might be me, if Leah gets to see that first comment... :)

Bernard
10-11-2019, 14:25
Hi Chaps
Well we had been thinking that if we were to move house ..... I would have to garage 7 cars which presents a problem !... so we decided that it was time to reduce the collection, So we are going to reduce the collection to 4 cars. (Fulvia to sell and maybe the Zagato...still thinking about that one)

The Stratos replacement will be in the shape of a LB !

Cheers

Phil
PS... room in the garage for you Norm !

Bernard
14-11-2019, 07:25
Delivering Eric to Calais tomorrow morning ... sad day as I did build him from scratch, fitted several engines and gearboxes, altered suspension, brakes, seats etc etc..... what will I do now ?

On the payment notification into my account this made me smile

Value date: 13th November 2019
On instructions from:
BANCO SANTANDER S.A
(ALL SPAIN BRANCHES)
CIUDAD GRUPO SANTANDER
MADRID
SPAIN

Payment details:PAGO FORD STRATOS

A Ford Strato's.. !!!!......... wonder what Lancia would have to say about that ??... LOL

Normb666
14-11-2019, 13:14
I believe there was indeed a Ford Stratos - it was Ian and Jayne's old car :) No idea what that "Pago" thing is...mis-spelling of "Sago", maybe?

Phil, the way you're going, I'm surprised Customs and Excise haven't insisted on you having some sort of special licence. But you must surely be up for a Queen's Award for Exports...anybody else got any stuff they want dumping on the Continent, while he's going? (note: nagging partners not accepted) :)

AndyGuyton
14-11-2019, 14:07
Pago = Payment in Spanish. Not sure about Ford though...a slip of the finger??